Dethonray Pegasus SG1 - BT DAC/Amp Combo
May 28, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #497 of 700
Some people use an external Bluetooth adapter like the Sennheiser btd 600 with their iPhone or iPad for APTX instead of AAC. Both codecs have a slightly different sounds, so it's best to try both and see which one you prefer.
I see, now I understand what you meant.👌 But in this case it would be a „Bluetooth transmitter“ (not receiver) because it transmits a signal instead of receiving it!

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #498 of 700
I see, now I understand what you meant.👌 But in this case it would be a „Bluetooth transmitter“ (not receiver) because it transmits a signal instead of receiving it!
i dont recommend getting the btd600, i bought a set before but sold it right afterward.
it's more troublesome to attach another dongle to the phone, which beat the purpose of convenience of the phone plus sg1 bundle.
And the difference isn't too obvious, i would suggest using good music source and use the phone to directly transmit to the sg1 instead.
I tried comparing spotify and tidal with the same song, with the tidal version on hi-res.
i experienced a bigger difference with better music source over adding btd600 alone.
As the Hi-res music from tidal has more detail, resolution.

Last edited:
May 28, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #499 of 700
i dont recommend getting the btd600, i bought a set before but sold it right afterward.
it's more troublesome to attach another dongle to the phone, which beat the purpose of convenience of the phone plus sg1 bundle.
And the difference isn't too obvious, i would suggest using good music source and use the phone to directly transmit to the sg1 instead.
I tried comparing spotify and tidal with the same song, with the tidal version on hi-res.
i experienced a bigger difference with better music source over adding btd600 alone.
As the Hi-res music from tidal has more detail, resolution.
Why do you quote me? Wasn`t my idea...I am happy with AAC! :)

Jun 1, 2023 at 2:43 AM Post #500 of 700
After the standard model, we take a look at the Special Edition SG1 here!

https://www.headfonia.com/dethonray-pegasus-sg1-special-edition-review/

1685601780443.png

Jun 23, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #506 of 700
Quickly compared Bluetooth, with SG1 gold, HD650, Westone UM Pro 30. The performance of H7 is neutral , with a lower density of mid frequency and good treble extension, so it performs well on instruments. The vocal of SG1 gold is lush, the bass is fast and powerful. So SG1 is an all-round player and has better compatibility with different IEMs and headphones. In terms of musicality, H7 expresses everything naturally, softly, Sg1 is full of power and enthusiasm.Based on the loudness of the H650, the output of SG1 should be more powerful than H7,as reaching the same loudness, SG1 Gold set to High Gain, and the volume knob is between 9 and 10 o'clock, while for H7, at High Gain, the volume needs to be 46.Because H7 USBDAC needs to deal with Windows driver, I will try again over the weekend.

Jun 25, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #507 of 700
Quickly compared Bluetooth, with SG1 gold, HD650, Westone UM Pro 30. The performance of H7 is neutral , with a lower density of mid frequency and good treble extension, so it performs well on instruments. The vocal of SG1 gold is lush, the bass is fast and powerful. So SG1 is an all-round player and has better compatibility with different IEMs and headphones. In terms of musicality, H7 expresses everything naturally, softly, Sg1 is full of power and enthusiasm.Based on the loudness of the H650, the output of SG1 should be more powerful than H7,as reaching the same loudness, SG1 Gold set to High Gain, and the volume knob is between 9 and 10 o'clock, while for H7, at High Gain, the volume needs to be 46.Because H7 USBDAC needs to deal with Windows driver, I will try again over the weekend.
How about SD card support? As I know, H7 supports mobile phone APP to control the playback of songs in the TF card.

Jul 5, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #508 of 700
How about SD card support? As I know, H7 supports mobile phone APP to control the playback of songs in the TF card.
Only support random mode when using SD card, I am not sure if it is my usage issue or Edict player app does not support the phone as a remote control to play the songs in the SD card. SD card playback, DTR1+ is my best choice. The SQ of H7 USBDAC is good, similar to the Bluetooth sound framework, but with better details and sound stage. At this price, the highlight of the H7 is its rich functionality and excellent design.

1688557938899.png

Jul 8, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #509 of 700
A new combo, IE500 Pro with Pegasus sg1. SG1 black has a little forward and lush mid frequency, which just fills the mid gap of the IE500P! The entire performance was excellent! Suitable vocal position, dancing drum, and beautiful high-frequency extension. Find a good combination and there will be surprising chemical reactions! lol

1688841142436.png

Jul 10, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #510 of 700
A new combo, IE500 Pro with Pegasus sg1. SG1 black has a little forward and lush mid frequency, which just fills the mid gap of the IE500P! The entire performance was excellent! Suitable vocal position, dancing drum, and beautiful high-frequency extension. Find a good combination and there will be surprising chemical reactions! lol

The sound of the 500Pro is good, but I don't like the white, cheap looking cable! :ksc75smile:
I bought some new gears and like to find a dynamic units IEM or earbuds for my SG1 gold.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back