DETHONRAY HPAMP HA-2 CLASS A (16 - 600ohm) Portable IEM Headphone Amplifier
Feb 18, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #76 of 230
I used it with a Beyer T5P.2 great sound just the right balance and a bit less boring and dull than with the DTR-1 which I found slightly too neutral after a while.
Nice that you found a setup that you like, enjoy it!

Feb 18, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #77 of 230
The main problem is on the go, too heavy and bulky to carry them, will be soon in possession with the Calyx M, hope to obtein with the Beyer, more or less the same sound signature, allowing me on the go to carry on only one item.

Feb 18, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #78 of 230
The HA-2 seems to be a good match with slightly warm and smooth sounding DAPs. I also dig the HA-2/Calyx M combo more and more. Doubtful at first, the sound signature is intoxicating, like bringing the best of 2 worlds together. It also depends on the drivers used. Still, I think that the DTR1/HA-2 combo excels at letting the drivers bringing their own flavours into play. Maybe a bit more "boring" sounding than the aforementioned combos, the neutral and clear sound from the DTR1/HA-2 remains a true reference in my books. @noplsestar, did you get your HA-2 already?
Penon has my money now for about a week but they haven’t shipped it yet. Although I took the „express“ shipping!! I don’t know. Maybe I will cancel it.

Feb 18, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #79 of 230
Penon has my money now for about a week but they haven’t shipped it yet. Although I took the „express“ shipping!! I don’t know. Maybe I will cancel it.
Maybe Coronavirus or the Chinese winter holidays make the shipping slower than usual...

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #81 of 230
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #83 of 230
Did you e-mail them? They got back to me within a day and I had my DTR1 show up last Friday. Will probably order the HA-2 here soon to see what all the hype is about.
HA-2 pairs very well with DTR1 and neutral/smooth/warm/darkish drivers. It also reduces/cancels hiss on some BAs-only IEMs. Still, we don't have a lot of return about it so far.

With bright, thin sounding or very efficient drivers, the HA-2 might be overkill and even make the drivers sound too bright or sterile. Not always an upgrade.

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #84 of 230
HA-2 pairs very well with DTR1 and neutral/smooth/warm/darkish drivers. It also reduces/cancels hiss on some BAs-only IEMs. Still, we don't have a lot of return about it so far.

With bright, thin sounding or very efficient drivers, the HA-2 might be overkill and even make the drivers sound too bright or sterile. Not always an upgrade.

I currently have the DTR1 paired with Inear PP8s and have an iFi earbuddy in the chain to slightly boost the vocals along with eliminating the hiss. I've got the DTR1 set to high gain and run roughly between 15-25 volume wise with the setup.

Feb 18, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #85 of 230
I currently have the DTR1 paired with Inear PP8s and have an iFi earbuddy in the chain to slightly boost the vocals along with eliminating the hiss. I've got the DTR1 set to high gain and run roughly between 15-25 volume wise with the setup.
Well, this will be hit or miss, I have the impression. The PP8 are as neutral as it gets if I am not mistaken. Already using the iFi device to boost vocals and reducing the hiss on the standalone DTR1 makes me think that hiss will be reduced via the HA-2, but sound signature likely will get slightly clearer. It's up to your preference at the end. Being between 15-25 volume on high gain let you some reserve and you don't need the HA-2 in order to get (much) better dynamics.

Once more, we have little return/feedback regarding pairings so far. My above statement is just an assumption and maybe the HA-2 will make the PP8 shine.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #89 of 230
I need your help guys. What is the best way to connect HA-2 to WM1A , M11 Pro ?
M11 has the 3.5mm jack output that also serves as Line-out and S/PDIF out. Just one way to connect the HA-2.

For the WM1A, you have the 3.5mm jack and the WMPort, but I am not sure if a micro-USB/WMport cable would function...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back