DETHONRAY HPAMP HA-2 CLASS A (16 - 600ohm) Portable IEM Headphone Amplifier
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:03 AM Post #92 of 230
Feb 25, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #94 of 230
bass is there? at what vol? @F700
Bass is there, yes, for sure. Pounding as it should be. IIRC from my listening session, I would say already at pretty low volume, maybe 30% on low gain. Let me check tonight again.

Feb 25, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #95 of 230
Ok @chaotic_angel, DTR1-> HA-2 -> LCD-X (low gain) sounds great, with all the bass you can have from the Audeze. Imagine, I was in low gain, volume pot starts at 7(o'clock) and full bass available slightly before 12, with the volume pot going up to 6. Don't worry, this beast has power.

View attachment IMG_20200225_210409.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #98 of 230
Does anyone know if Anson said something about the gain, whether it would be better to use it in low or high gain, if for the plugged in headphone both is possible? I am listening with the Stellia through Calyx M and can change the quantity of the sound output on the DAP. Right now I have more output on the DAP but low gain on the HA-2 (volume pot is on 3 o'clock). But I could also lower the output of the Calyx M and put the HA-2 on high gain and just push it up to 11 o'clock. Which one is better? Is there even a sound difference (such as in bass reproduction/authority)?

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #99 of 230
Does anyone know if Anson said something about the gain, whether it would be better to use it in low or high gain, if for the plugged in headphone both is possible? I am listening with the Stellia through Calyx M and can change the quantity of the sound output on the DAP. Right now I have more output on the DAP but low gain on the HA-2 (volume pot is on 3 o'clock). But I could also lower the output of the Calyx M and put the HA-2 on high gain and just push it up to 11 o'clock. Which one is better? Is there even a sound difference (such as in bass reproduction/authority)?
I actually have the same question. AFAIK, Anson did not say something specific about that. The Calyx M allows playing with both volume pot, which is very handful. The Final E5000 being very power hungry, I set the Calyx M on Mid gain, to approx. 75% and then do the rest with the HA-2.

Feb 29, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #100 of 230
I am having my Xduooxd05plus (with burson V5idual) DAC/AMP, it is also well known for its power, any comparatiom please?

helo @eyan still look forward to hear your impression please.. :)

Got the chance to do a quick side by side with the XDuoo XD-05+ with a Burson V5i-D. The place was a bit noisy so I can't really comment about sonic differences much.

We used a ToneKing TO600 (600 ohms, 105 dB sensitivity). On max gain and max volume on both the XD-05+ and HA-2 the XD-05+ gives greater volume based on my ear-meters. The XD-05+ sounds warmer compared to the HA-2. The rest of my impressions would be next to meaningless so I'll leave with those observations.

HTH.

IMG20200229163629.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #101 of 230
Whichever sounds best to you sounds best .... to you.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #103 of 230
Got the chance to do a quick side by side with the XDuoo XD-05+ with a Burson V5i-D. The place was a bit noisy so I can't really comment about sonic differences much.

We used a ToneKing TO600 (600 ohms, 105 dB sensitivity). On max gain and max volume on both the XD-05+ and HA-2 the XD-05+ gives greater volume based on my ear-meters. The XD-05+ sounds warmer compared to the HA-2. The rest of my impressions would be next to meaningless so I'll leave with those observations.

HTH.

IMG20200229163629.jpg
Since the opamps of the HA-2 are also changeable, I wonder how other opamps would sound with it? Maybe someone who has know-how can test the amp with different opamps in the future?

I have read up a bit about the Burson V5i. Most of the reviewers stated that it has more treble sparkle compared to the famous OPA627 that are built in the HA-2 so I guess the warmth you describe comes from your XD-05.

Whatever, I guess when „going down the opamp road“ then the real hunting begins, because there are so many out there and which one is „the best“ for the HA-2? Of course it differs from headphone to headphone and listener to listener. So maybe I will leave it at that and enjoy the HA-2 as it is :)

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #105 of 230

HTH.

IMG20200229163629.jpg
many thank @eyan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back