Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
May 3, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #706 of 1,004
I'm torn between the Signature and H1,
I'm mostly use an iem and lean heavily toward the H1, but still curious about the ifi soundstage,

decision... decision...
If you're looking for a really distinct sound that is warm with details then it's the H1.

If you're looking for a warmish but wider and airy soundstage with lots of adaptability it's the Signature.

Size might also play a factor? The Signature is longer and thinner than the H1 which is flatter, rectangular and slightly more low profile.

May 3, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #707 of 1,004
Will also comment that the difference between the Xudoo XT10II and other transports is obvious, as is the USB cable for the Diablo and Signature. Upgrading to a better cable made details stand out more - and the Xduoo is cleaner, vocals more upfront. This is part of the fun in testing different combinations.

Which USB cable do you use?

May 3, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #708 of 1,004
Awesome!!!
Really appreciate your effort
Which one would you say is the most musical, involving, engaging?
Thanks
I'd say the H1 is more involving and musical since it was tuned that way.

The Diablo is really about getting the most power you can out of a DAC Amp for pretty much any headphone or IEM. But I can't stress this enough, the Diablo is really too powerful for most IEMs without an impedance attenuator.

The W2 is really good and punches way above its weight, especially when you want HIFI in one of the smallest packages with 4.4 and different gains.

May 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #709 of 1,004
Which USB cable do you use?
I have a cable by Reddle that is in their reference series.

I A-B'd that cable with the iFi one, which is considerably cheaper and the premium one was cleaner, more details and vocals more upfront.

If you don't A-B then the iFi one will probably suffice, I only mention since i do hear differences with cables. The physics is that the materials all have different resistance qualities so I don't understand how different cables using silver vs copper would not sound different. Better is subjective but there is definitely a difference.

May 3, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #710 of 1,004
Ah I see.

And yeah, the 4.4 seems to be a bit weaker than the SE. Definitely doesn't seem right.

And same, I bought new. I just received it a couple of days ago, so fortunately there's time to sort it.

But, again, frustrating, and I have no idea how this passed any sort of QC check. Hopefully it's just me doing something incorrectly...
My problem was not the chanel imballance, but the weak 4.4 ballanced output. It seemed same or even quieter/thinner sounding then SE.

I returned the device. Now I am waiting for the seller to try it out and confirm it was defective unit. I will then decide wheter I try it again or just keep ifi idsd signature...

Btw Anson sent me an email saying my unit is defective and I should send it to china for repair, but because device came to me like this I decided to return it to seller, shipping to china and waiting for repair and then deal with the customs office seemed like too much trouble, especially when I just bought it, it was new, thanks god for 14 days return period in EU...

Is your 4.4mm output stronger then SE?

Edit: just read it properly and I see your balanced is also quieter...

Well I guess you are unlucky guy...like me...and got the defective unit.
I think only one guy here replied to me here that his 4.4 is stronger.
I think it definitely should be more powerful and not thinner sounding on demanding HPs.
So I've given my H1 a good run over the past few days on 3.3, 3.6 and 3.6 Sensitive IEM firmwares and all roads lead me to the same conclusion - the 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports drive my headphones the pretty much same. I've tried, T60 Argons, HD 600, Sundaras and Gold Planar GL2000.

I don't have any channel imbalance issues... thankfully.

I tried Ultraman versions 1 and 2... 1 was definitely more powerful, but I'm now on 3.3 because I prefer the flexibility of having both ports working.... but it only just about powers my headphones. I'm consistently between 3 o'clock to 6 o'clock on high gain with that collection of headphones I've mentioned above... listening at 70-80db

Is this what is supposed to happen or is there a problem with my unit?

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #711 of 1,004
I'm a little confused with the firmware,
which one have smoothest volume ?
the Ultraman just improve the power right?
no sound different?
because sometimes more power reserve could improve sound quality,
I only use iems, some headphone like HD650 & HE4xx,

is there a sound different if I use a phone or PC/desktop ?

thank you, 🙏

May 4, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #712 of 1,004
I'm a little confused with the firmware,
which one have smoothest volume ?
the Ultraman just improve the power right?
no sound different?
because sometimes more power reserve could improve sound quality,
I only use iems, some headphone like HD650 & HE4xx,

is there a sound different if I use a phone or PC/desktop ?

thank you, 🙏
Smoothest volume is on the sensitive IEM firmware but I felt is was slightly less powerful than the standard firmware.

May 4, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #713 of 1,004
Smoothest volume is on the sensitive IEM firmware but I felt is was slightly less powerful than the standard firmware.
there is no harm in trying all of the firmware right?
I don't know which one is right for me,

May 5, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #714 of 1,004
May 5, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #717 of 1,004
How do you like the Poco X3? Do you use this as your primary phone or digital transport for the H1? I'm an apple user but considering getting either a mid-tier Android or DAP to pair with H1.
it is my primary phone, 128 gb sd card i am using UAPP and Hiby music but UAPP most of the time, very convenient.

May 6, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #719 of 1,004
I have some issues with my H1,

- popping sound when I plug the usb and when turn on/off,
- slight crackling sound when I turn the volume knob

is this normal ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back