Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Mar 24, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #586 of 1,004
So, I was testing the SE and balanced out just to double check on the channel imbalance and power output. I could not find any channel imbalance as tested it on different IEMs and files via different sources. Coming to the power output, I think that SE and balanced are more the less same on low gain. On high gain, the balanced out has more power but can't attest to it as I did not try it at full volume.

Is there anyone else who can confirm the deviation in the output on low gain and high gain wrt SE and balanced? I am happy with the power and especially the sound so far but just need an affirmation based on facts and numbers since I don't have a measurement rig.

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #588 of 1,004
Does anybody use the H1 with the latest generation of iPhones (12) and can confirm that it works? Searching the thread it appears that there were some problems in the past. How about MacOS?
I have an iphone 12 and it was working nicely (previously stated issues aside). Just be sure to use a correct cable. I first tried the lightning-usbc that came with the phone, and that doesn't work. The lightning-usba 'camera' cable does the job.

Mar 24, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #590 of 1,004
Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #592 of 1,004
Where did people who live in the US purchase the H1 -- are there any authorized sellers? Anybody ordered directly from Dethonray through Amazon? What happens if warranty repair is needed?
I purchased through Amazon and have been dealing with Dethonray directly. They've been very responsive so far, and to deal with this issue I'm having I'm working with a US rep (in Cali). Aside from the issues with the unit, I can't complain thus far.

Mar 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #593 of 1,004
I purchased through Amazon and have been dealing with Dethonray directly. They've been very responsive so far, and to deal with this issue I'm having I'm working with a US rep (in Cali). Aside from the issues with the unit, I can't complain thus far.
Thanks, that's reassuring. A surprising number of issues in this thread for such a pricy device -- although I guess satisfied customers are less likely to post.

Mar 24, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #594 of 1,004
I am also interested in the comparison to the iFi Signature. My understanding is that the H1 is warmer and more lush but I don't have either one.

That would be interesting, micro iDSD Signature is a bit on the warm side already.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #595 of 1,004
Where did people who live in the US purchase the H1 -- are there any authorized sellers? Anybody ordered directly from Dethonray through Amazon? What happens if warranty repair is needed?
I got mine from Linsoul, to avoid paying sales tax through Amazon. In both cases it's shipped from China. Got mine in 3 days with DHL.

Still loving mine, this thing has such a lush, detailed sound and is able to drive the Arya pretty well. Doesn't distort or become less resolving at near max to max volume,
which I rarely use...mostly for certain passages on old low gain tracks.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #596 of 1,004
That would be interesting, micro iDSD Signature is a bit on the warm side already.

hmm we have intruder here :D (j/k) Hey, I have Zen Dac with GTO and I find H1 is warmer, how would you consider the Micro iDSD Signature to Zen Dac?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2021 at 10:59 PM Post #597 of 1,004
Just get the xDuoo X10T II and tried it with the H1. The X10T II is a digital transport, it requires an external DAC and amp to play back your music files. I will go straight to the point. It's disappointing, because making the H1 work is a question of luck. The connection via USB-C is recognized by the xDuoo without any problem. The issue is that the H1 either just refuses to play the music back or just certain files. Sometimes the green light on the front side lights up, sometimes not or randomly appears/disappears. It's not a question of format, because I have everything in Flac or Aiff, which is supported by the X10T II.

Does someone also tried the H1 via a digital transport or even a DAP with USB-C and experienced the same problem I have with the xDuoo?
Sorry for bumping a 4+ month old post, but I am just curious if you ever got this stack to work reliably?

I've been on the hunt for something along these lines (but was actually thinking of a L&P W2 dongle instead of H1, because I am tired of spending so much on DAPs, as I'm a recovering A&K fanboy, hahaha). The xDuoo X10T II was the same digital transport I was considering...but I had some misgivings because I just haven't encountered many anecdotes about this actually being used in the manner in which I envisioned.

EDIT: Heh, it just occurred ot me that you may have and I simply have not read far enough into the thread (I am currently on like page 15). Apologies if I am asking prematurely here, LOL.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #598 of 1,004
Sorry for bumping a 4+ month old post, but I am just curious if you ever got this stack to work reliably?

I've been on the hunt for something along these lines (but was actually thinking of a L&P W2 dongle instead of H1, because I am tired of spending so much on DAPs, as I'm a recovering A&K fanboy, hahaha). The xDuoo X10T II was the same digital transport I was considering...but I had some misgivings because I just haven't encountered many anecdotes about this actually being used in the manner in which I envisioned.

EDIT: Heh, it just occurred ot me that you may have and I simply have not read far enough into the thread (I am currently on like page 15). Apologies if I am asking prematurely here, LOL.
Yes, after having installed fw 2.0 on the H1 (I am on fw 3.3 atm) the problem was solved. The H1 works perfectly with the X10T II and I listen to this combo a lot. I thought about ordering a W2 myself, but cancelled my order two days ago. I listened to the W2 two weeks ago and it is a very nice little device that will make a lot of people on-the-go happy. It also works at home or at the office. If you are streaming, it's almost a no-brainer. I am not a streamer, or not too much of it, and I think that the H1 sounds better than the W2.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #599 of 1,004
Yes, after having installed fw 2.0 on the H1 (I am on fw 3.3 atm) the problem was solved. The H1 works perfectly with the X10T II and I listen to this combo a lot. I thought about ordering a W2 myself, but cancelled my order two days ago. I listened to the W2 two weeks ago and it is a very nice little device that will make a lot of people on-the-go happy. It also works at home or at the office. If you are streaming, it's almost a no-brainer. I am not a streamer, or not too much of it, and I think that the H1 sounds better than the W2.
I grabbed this stack very much based on @F700 and don't regret it at all. At the moment the X10TII is paired with the H1 but I think it's versatile enough to pair with lots of different DACs. I was curious about the W2 as well but haven't had time to check it out.

Btw, how do you know what firmware you're on? What's the easiest way to check?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 5:32 AM Post #600 of 1,004
Btw, how do you know what firmware you're on? What's the easiest way to check?
AFAIK, you just know it once you have processed to the fw upgrade and the tool confirmed the successful implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back