Dethonray Honey H1 - USB DAC/AMP
Mar 8, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #541 of 1,004
Hi,

I'm considering the Honey as my fun amp in my collection. I tend to prefer portables due to lack of space... But can the Honey power t60 Argons? Has anyone tried?

If not I'm might go for the ifi Signature and live on x-bass... But I'm much more drawn to the Honey from what I've read. Has anyone here compared the two?

Any help much appreciated.

Mar 8, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #542 of 1,004
2021-03-08 20.35.56-1.jpg

Mar 9, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #545 of 1,004
The Fiio m6 I ordered must have been a lemon, wont connect to the WIFI. I purchased a Moto g7 Plus. I assume since its a USB C connection it will work?
Last option is a HIBY R3 but it twice as much. I need the device just for streaming MQA and HIFI music off Tidal.

Mar 9, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #546 of 1,004
The Fiio m6 I ordered must have been a lemon, wont connect to the WIFI. I purchased a Moto g7 Plus. I assume since its a USB C connection it will work?
Last option is a HIBY R3 but it twice as much. I need the device just for streaming MQA and HIFI music off Tidal.
Great Idea ! Most phones have much better WIFI and Bluetooth reception than DAP's. And they can function fine as a Source Device for most DAC/Amps.

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #547 of 1,004
Does Honey need some time to "burn-in"? I've just got it, but I am disappointed by the output power.
Even with Ultraman fw it cant really drive my Audeze Sine. The bass is shallow and lacks impact completely, sound is much thinner than from ifi idsd signature...

+ every time a next song starts, the volume gets lower for a moment and back to where it was.
+ windows keep resetting volume to the various values around 50% even when I put it to 100% several times.

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #549 of 1,004
Fw 2.0 installed. At last will all the files from the xDuoo X10T II digital transport be played back without exception.

A killer combo. Straight forward and intuitive UI, yet no touch screen. The X10T II does a very good job regarding my listening and usage habits. It also has an EQ function. Not really into it, but I will give it a try.

29A237D9-6923-4594-B96B-9A144A19BA9F.jpeg
What USB C cable is that? Do you find they make any difference from stock to more expensive ones?

Mar 10, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #550 of 1,004
What USB C cable is that? Do you find they make any difference from stock to more expensive ones?
It's a generic cable, I don't remember where I bought it, items and cables in my case come and go, but it was pretty cheap I guess, not high-end. To be honest, it does not make any difference soundwise, especially here because the xDuoo is a digital transport, it does not "sound". I noticed differences with 3.5mm interconnects on different combos of mine, though.

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #551 of 1,004
+ every time a next song starts, the volume gets lower for a moment and back to where it was.
+ windows keep resetting volume to the various values around 50% even when I put it to 100% several times.
Some times the volume does lower song to song. It also depends on how the song was mastered.
running OSX so I can't assist

Mar 11, 2021 at 4:05 AM Post #553 of 1,004
Does Honey need some time to "burn-in"? I've just got it, but I am disappointed by the output power.
Even with Ultraman fw it cant really drive my Audeze Sine. The bass is shallow and lacks impact completely, sound is much thinner than from ifi idsd signature...

A 30 hours burn in is recommended it seems. But since the volume issue seems more like a problem with the usb interface. You can check if the drivers are updated or try it on a different source if it behaves the same way.

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #554 of 1,004
I am starting to feel I got the defective unit.
The power seems to be way too low. I need full volume to achieve my listening level of volume on Audeze Sine. ifi micro signature drives them more loudly even in Eko mode. On turbo I barely get out of initial channel imbalance.

I've tried 3 various regular firmwares, 1.7, 2.0 and recent 3.3
I've also tried both ultraman versions.
I've updated the SA9227WriteEepromMP too...

The result is, I got same volume on both, balanced and SE output on regular fw and I dont even see any difference between ultraman 4.4 and regular 4.4.
Do you guys hear the difference between 4.4 and SE? Anyone compared ultraman to regular fw in terms of output power?

Mar 11, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #555 of 1,004
I am starting to feel I got the defective unit.
The power seems to be way too low. I need full volume to achieve my listening level of volume on Audeze Sine. ifi micro signature drives them more loudly even in Eko mode. On turbo I barely get out of initial channel imbalance.
This was my first impression when i got my unit. I use player that can use hardware volume mode and set it to the max (i use hiby music) and it fix my volume problem. I can use other player fine after that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back