Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Dec 15, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #2,281 of 2,313
Dear Brooding Sonata, I do not advise you to buy Detonray. I had two Dethonray players DTR1. The first one I bought in August 2019, it was defective. I changed it. The second one arrived in October 2019. It worked fine and made me happy only for several months. 06/2020 something inside its charger began to rattle. On 12/2020 the player turned off and never turned on again. I sold it for spare parts. Its price, of course, was attractive, but the quality was not high. The price is not the main criterion for purchasing. After all, we have to pay for everything, and not only with money, we have to pay with our time, nerves, lost music not listened to, but our lifes are too short... Then I bought another player, it’s about 2 times more expensive than Dethonray. It works great until now and I have never regretted I bought it.

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #2,282 of 2,313
My DTR1 has just developed some issues and there is no output sound. I tried changing IEM and Hard-Reset the device as well but no luck so far. Please help me troubleshoot further.
Mine went out in the left channel-I haven't taken care of this, I think the only thing to do (that I know of) is to contact Anson in China, and send it there. Have been hesitating to do that.

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #2,283 of 2,313
I am previous owner of the dx320 and still owner of the dtr1 Prelude not the plus version.

In terms of Sound, thats up to your ears but dx320 has a wider stage but I find both models to be dynamic as far overall presentation. Dtr1 + is strictly 3.5mm as opposed to the dx320

I'm aware that dtr1+ you can replace the battery by yourself as the dx320 maybe not so much

Dtr1+ is custom OS vs android
Dtr1+ can be damaged easily from a drop on hard floor vs dx320 depending on how it falls or how high

Both sound great and both are powerful

If you are about full presentation of song information dx320 is better with full display of artwork

Dx320 has better lighting to see screen in the daylight

Dtr1 definitely smaller in size and the sound is amazing for a single ended jack

If you roll with just local files and have no plans on moving over to stream until absolutely sold on it you can't go wrong with dtr1+

Dx320 has two batteries that need charging and can take a while to fully charge but not sure how much difference in dtr1 series

Thank you for your thoughts. I assume you have heard the plus version? If so, could you be more specific in your sound comparison?

May I also ask why you sold your DX320?

Dear Brooding Sonata, I do not advise you to buy Detonray. I had two Dethonray players DTR1. The first one I bought in August 2019, it was defective. I changed it. The second one arrived in October 2019. It worked fine and made me happy only for several months. 06/2020 something inside its charger began to rattle. On 12/2020 the player turned off and never turned on again. I sold it for spare parts. Its price, of course, was attractive, but the quality was not high. The price is not the main criterion for purchasing. After all, we have to pay for everything, and not only with money, we have to pay with our time, nerves, lost music not listened to, but our lifes are too short... Then I bought another player, it’s about 2 times more expensive than Dethonray. It works great until now and I have never regretted I bought it.
Thanks for your input. It may be that the reliability of the DTR1+ is greater, though I appreciate reading your experience.

Dec 15, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #2,285 of 2,313
Since my DTR Prelude stopped functioning as it should, I've been listening to an old Pono I still have (actually have 2). It's a nice sounding unit, have to say...(silly shape, though).

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2023 at 9:17 PM Post #2,287 of 2,313
A happy former DTR1 and owner of DTR1+ now since day 1 released, all are still working well except the fact the 3.5 HO not as tight as the brand new one, but no issue with sound.

I am strictly using 1A output charger which (for me) is proven over years since the day I owned DX90 and J series back in 2013. I am still in touch with the owners of my former DAPs most of them are still functioning well except case of DX90s black line screen.

From what I heard from my local community, some of the issues, member of portable audio tend to use what ever charger head (adapter) which they have when they buy cellphone. A fast charging are the most. I always recommend them to invest on 1A charger output.
Now I have Hiby (famous with swollen batt) RS2 too as pure transport, and all works well.

A good stable electricity and slow charger 1A output might the answer for a long lasting batt life

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #2,290 of 2,313
20240102104316.jpg

New gear, Hiby R8ii ,:gs1000smile:

Jan 3, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #2,293 of 2,313
Right channel still out, repair involved making to China (a risk with any Chinese gear), and I lost the info on how to do it. Still using my old Pono, considering buying a new DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back