Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Feb 3, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #2,296 of 2,316
Just got my DTR1+ back from Dethonray with its battery replaced. It cost USD79 to replace the battery. Excluding shipping time to China and back, it took all of 3 working days for Dethonray to fix it and send it on its way back.

Anson was quick to reply and even provided specific instructions on how best to declare the parcel to expedite customs clearance entering China. An absolute dream from beginning to end, and the Tender is now reunited with a good-as-new DTR1+.

IMG_2645.jpeg

And here is Anson’s own advice, if anyone still wants to know how best to keep their battery healthy:

Frendly reminder, if not use dtr1+ for a long time, please charge it every 2 months,even 10 minutes. Or the battery will be locked or damaged.
Using the normal mobile phone charger is ok, the standard phone charger will work in 5v/2A mode and is safe.

Just sharing my experience for the sole purpose of providing another data point for anyone who may be contemplating sending their gear back to Dethonray.

Don’t do it now though, when everyone in China is heading into the Chinese New Year holidays. Do it after they’re back and have had some time to catch up on the inevitable backlog.

Feb 3, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #2,297 of 2,316
I have a DatR1 Prelude that developed channel imbalance, I would send it over but I'm a bit intimidated. How do I set it up? (Been using an old Pono, which is actually a very nice player)

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #2,298 of 2,316
I have a DatR1 Prelude that developed channel imbalance, I would send it over but I'm a bit intimidated. How do I set it up? (Been using an old Pono, which is actually a very nice player)

Email Anson (anson at dethonray dot com) with the issue. I would not attempt to send anything over until well after the Chinese New Year holidays though.

In the meantime, does this work in helping attenuate the channel imbalance?

IMG_2675.jpeg

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #2,299 of 2,316
Just got my DTR1+ back from Dethonray with its battery replaced. It cost USD79 to replace the battery. Excluding shipping time to China and back, it took all of 3 working days for Dethonray to fix it and send it on its way back.

Anson was quick to reply and even provided specific instructions on how best to declare the parcel to expedite customs clearance entering China. An absolute dream from beginning to end, and the Tender is now reunited with a good-as-new DTR1+.

IMG_2645.jpeg

And here is Anson’s own advice, if anyone still wants to know how best to keep their battery healthy:

Frendly reminder, if not use dtr1+ for a long time, please charge it every 2 months,even 10 minutes. Or the battery will be locked or damaged.
Using the normal mobile phone charger is ok, the standard phone charger will work in 5v/2A mode and is safe.

Just sharing my experience for the sole purpose of providing another data point for anyone who may be contemplating sending their gear back to Dethonray.

Don’t do it now though, when everyone in China is heading into the Chinese New Year holidays. Do it after they’re back and have had some time to catch up on the inevitable backlog.
Top work on sharing the advice, i am already on my third dtr1 battery due to lack of regular use.
Just use it more often and remember to charge it up
The player deserve to be use often TBH

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #2,302 of 2,316
Email Anson (anson at dethonray dot com) with the issue. I would not attempt to send anything over until well after the Chinese New Year holidays though.

In the meantime, does this work in helping attenuate the channel imbalance?

IMG_2675.jpeg
I have the Prelude-there's no "channel balance" in the settings (that I can find).

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #2,303 of 2,316
My DTR1 kept idle from 2weeks. Today I tried to play turn on but it’s not switching on. Connected to charger with a thought of battery 0%, charger LED was red when connected but after 1 hour it went to green but still it’s not switching on, screen in off mode. Tried reset button press but no response.

Mar 9, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #2,307 of 2,316
can you please forward same mail to me to resolve my issue?
Download the software and instructions from www.dethonray.com. If the boot up issue is related to battery, you'd better ask Anson for after sale service.
DTR1 is a linux system, there is a pre-start software before Linux running, it works like BIOS in our PC. Most of the boot up issue stuck in here and the LCD is not lit up.
But at this moment, you could enter upgrade mode to flash new firmware and fix software issues. I once encountered this issue when I used fast charging for a night.
Anson guided me to update the firmware to fix the problem. Hope it would be helpful to u!

Mar 14, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #2,308 of 2,316
Hello,
I am interesseted by the DTR1+ but before buying it, i have few questions please :

- Is it possible to play "all songs" (i mean all files in the card, that is to say more than 15 000..) in shuffle mode ? and if yes, some of you have noticed some tracks often came back ?
- I saw in videos that you can navigate by artists (tags) or folders, can you confirm ?
- Is it possible to create differents playlists ?
- When you turn on the DTR1+, it plays the song you were listening before tunring off ?
- I use the headphone DCA Stealth wich low impedance but with very low sensibility (87 db). I use it now with the Woo Audio WA11 with power out max 6v and it is ok. Do you think the DTR1+ shoulb be ok too ?

Many thanks fr your help and future answers...

Mathieu

Mar 14, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #2,309 of 2,316
Hello,
I am interesseted by the DTR1+ but before buying it, i have few questions please :

- Is it possible to play "all songs" (i mean all files in the card, that is to say more than 15 000..) in shuffle mode ? and if yes, some of you have noticed some tracks often came back ?
- I saw in videos that you can navigate by artists (tags) or folders, can you confirm ?
- Is it possible to create differents playlists ?
- When you turn on the DTR1+, it plays the song you were listening before tunring off ?
- I use the headphone DCA Stealth wich low impedance but with very low sensibility (87 db). I use it now with the Woo Audio WA11 with power out max 6v and it is ok. Do you think the DTR1+ shoulb be ok too ?

Many thanks fr your help and future answers...

Mathieu
I have a 1T SD card with a maximum of 4K songs, which can be shuffled without playing the same song again.
DTR1+ support artists, favorites, and folder browsing.
Playlists are not supported.
I have a lot of OST, so I am also concerned about this feature. DTR1+ will restore the last music info after bootup.
87db headphone.... Maybe you should confirm it via service@dethonray.com.

Mar 14, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #2,310 of 2,316
I have a 1T SD card with a maximum of 4K songs, which can be shuffled without playing the same song again.
DTR1+ support artists, favorites, and folder browsing.
Playlists are not supported.
I have a lot of OST, so I am also concerned about this feature. DTR1+ will restore the last music info after bootup.
87db headphone.... Maybe you should confirm it via service@dethonray.com.

Thank you daorenmi for your help !

Ok, cool for the shuffle play. I had the DTR1 few months but I sold it. I don't remember if the DTR1 had shuffle in all songs.... ?
For the playlists, it's too bad....
Yes for the pairing with my Stealth, I will ask...

I remember when I had the DTR1 that the screen lightness was an inconvenient when you're outside and the most inconvenient was the charger. The fact is you can't forget to take away the DTR1+ without the charger too, at work because you can't charge it during the day if you have not the charger with you... There should be a possibility to buy a second charger ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back