Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 6, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #2,251 of 2,316
My DTR+ went on power shutdown while playing and unable to power up. Charging it don’t seem to work either. Instead the charging adapter gets pretty hot.

Anyone encounter or any solution for such issue or can it be batt issue, and what is the replacement type I should purchase.

Attachments

• D6105A21-383A-4ABA-8A9B-5DAE50A3DB86.jpeg
    D6105A21-383A-4ABA-8A9B-5DAE50A3DB86.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #2,252 of 2,316
My DTR+ went on power shutdown while playing and unable to power up. Charging it don’t seem to work either. Instead the charging adapter gets pretty hot.

Anyone encounter or any solution for such issue or can it be batt issue, and what is the replacement type I should purchase.
U should contact Anson directly for help and support, although there is a high likelihood battery requires replacement

May 6, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #2,253 of 2,316

Did you try with the "usb-c feeded" charger in the box. Or also with the old wall charger with the hdmi connector. In my experience not all USB-c port protocols work

Jun 5, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #2,257 of 2,316
Any idea where to get a charger for the DTR1? I have one with damage that needs to be replaced.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #2,259 of 2,316
Best to reach out to Anson of Dethonray, anson@dethonray.com, or through their website, https://www.dethonray.com/contact/
He was nice enough to be asking for me. I did reach out via the website on Monday but haven't received a reply at the 48 hour mark. On the positive I was able to fix the charger with some soldering, but it would be nice to have a back up.

On the positive, I'm back in the dethonray family! Great sound quality.

Jun 8, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #2,260 of 2,316
He was nice enough to be asking for me. I did reach out via the website on Monday but haven't received a reply at the 48 hour mark. On the positive I was able to fix the charger with some soldering, but it would be nice to have a back up.

On the positive, I'm back in the dethonray family! Great sound quality.
Top work on the repair
My charger failed recently is well
I reached out to Anson for the type c charger, the new charger enable me to use type c to charge the dtr1, which makes my life easier.
And the housing of the charger is made of metal, which was unexpected.
Shout out to Anson for his exceptional quick response and help me solve the charging problem of the dtr1.

Jun 20, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #2,261 of 2,316

Battery issue, the best way is after sale service. anson@dethonray.com, Anosn is very nice and will help you fix it.

Jun 25, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #2,262 of 2,316
A beautiful sounding pair! DTR1+ gives proper kicks at extra hi gain and the TZ700 sounds as if wearing full size headphone sensation! name it HD650, Altiat Cal 1H, Ananda SE

Attachments

• IMG_20230625_224734-01.jpeg
    IMG_20230625_224734-01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Jul 9, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #2,265 of 2,316
A state-of-the-art DAP with an unmatched depth of soundstage.

DTR1+ is a true delight to listen to on a rainy day. Many try to judge the quality of an IEM system by comparing it to headphones or 2-channels systems. While there is nothing wrong with doing so, I strongly encourage my peers to discover the uniqueness of IEM systems. High-end IEM system thrives on the accuracy of sound positioning, often demonstrated by small, detailed and high-density sound imaging. To be able to feel musical notes bouncing in such orderly harmony within a clearly defined 3D space is such an unforgettable experience.

The competitive advantage of DTR 1+ is the depth of soundstage it offers. A common indicator of a high-quality IEM system is the wide soundstage it offers. The wide 2D area allows different musical instruments to separate and perform clearly at their own space. Building on top of that, the next level is a deep soundstage, which is extremely rare. A deep soundstage adds a third dimension to the complicated music reproduced through your IEM. If a wide sound stage is good, a deep sound stage multiplies it. More space means gentle instruments are less likely to be overwhelmed by powerful ones. The depth of the soundstage offered by DTR1+ is one of a kind. It trumps all flagship DAPs in this aspect, by all I mean literally all, I have tried them all and own a couple. While I still occasionally go to my Sony wm1zm2 for its sweet & warm tonality and rich emotion in vocal, and sometimes my Chord Qutest + Ifi ICAN Pro for the power and tube sound, I still found the greatest enjoyment in going back to my DTR1+ for a stereoscopic listening session. It’s like having a jazz bar all to yourself with the performer playing at a reasonably far distance singing towards you with immense details and clarity.

All good devices require good pairing to realize their full potential, just like red wine. My personal favorite is the Fitear Silver, or anything that has fine sound imaging and a reasonably deep sound stage, so as to accentuate the beauty of DTR1+. In any case, avoid pairing with IEM that requires monstrous power to drive. It is not a DAP for heavy bass lovers.

Screenshot 2023-07-09 134037.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back