Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 17, 2023 at 1:04 AM Post #2,236 of 2,316
Hi I own this DTR1 player and recently its battery got swollen. I removed it n getting new one from Anson. After removing the battery i kept back the back pannel and now I'm unable or don't know how to open the back to replace the battery.

Help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Heat it up and use suction cup to lift it

Jan 26, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #2,237 of 2,316
Perfect Match

Attachments

• IMG_20221231_092357__01-01.jpeg
    IMG_20221231_092357__01-01.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Mar 13, 2023 at 8:55 PM Post #2,243 of 2,316
IMG20230313162612.jpg
The perfect set up for DTR1
player: Dethonray DTR1
Amp: Hum MA-1S
I got addicted to leather case recently, with the need of custom leather case for each equipment in my areanal.
Nice set up you got there.

I have HUM (forgot the series) silver color class A with both 3.5 SE jack with 3 gain. It sounds pleasant, class A typical, however I found the amp degrade the LO sound quality of my DTR1+..

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #2,244 of 2,316
Nice set up you got there.

I have HUM (forgot the series) silver color class A with both 3.5 SE jack with 3 gain. It sounds pleasant, class A typical, however I found the amp degrade the LO sound quality of my DTR1+..
U meant the hypno amp, I had that with the dtr1 before, it was a good design
But this ma1s is much better in terms of sound, plus i can now unify all my device with the 4.4 connector.

Apr 17, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,246 of 2,316
Hi. I am just curious if someone has listened to ifi go bar gold and dtr+ and can compare them. I know they are extremely different but I am just curious what would be a better portable solution for IEM. Thanks!

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #2,248 of 2,316
Is there any comparisons between dtr1 and dtr1+?
A great question but a tough one to find answer, as not a lot of player have both DTR1 and DTR1+
As a fellow DTR1 owner, i was fortunate to meet a DTR1+ owner, who gracelessly lend me his player for a direct AB comparison
The comparison happened a while back, therefore i can only share what i still remember
Both device share little in common in terms of sound
Despite they share the DTR1 name, 4490 DAC and software
The DTR1 is laid back, a little muddy and a strong reminder to the 90's Walkman
A device which have plenty of character, and a joy to listen for long session without getting fatigue.
However, the DTR1+ is more analytical, which is more in line to modern DAP
Clean sound, more detail and crisp response.
Which is similar to the newer dethonray sound signature
Both device are good at perspective way, but i prefer my DTR1 over the DTR1+
The sound signature is very unique and hard to find in modern DAP
I hope this would answer your question

Attachments

• IMG20221105154921.jpg
    IMG20221105154921.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #2,249 of 2,316
A great question but a tough one to find answer, as not a lot of player have both DTR1 and DTR1+
As a fellow DTR1 owner, i was fortunate to meet a DTR1+ owner, who gracelessly lend me his player for a direct AB comparison
The comparison happened a while back, therefore i can only share what i still remember
Both device share little in common in terms of sound
Despite they share the DTR1 name, 4490 DAC and software
The DTR1 is laid back, a little muddy and a strong reminder to the 90's Walkman
A device which have plenty of character, and a joy to listen for long session without getting fatigue.
However, the DTR1+ is more analytical, which is more in line to modern DAP
Clean sound, more detail and crisp response.
Which is similar to the newer dethonray sound signature
Both device are good at perspective way, but i prefer my DTR1 over the DTR1+
The sound signature is very unique and hard to find in modern DAP
I hope this would answer your question
Thank you for your reply I was actually under the impression that the dtr1+ had a more analogue and warmer sound based on comments in this thread. If what you say is true then it would be best to keep my dtr1 as I use it for my 90s hip hop collection solely when you mentioned a 90s Walkman sound.

Apr 19, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #2,250 of 2,316
Thank you for your reply I was actually under the impression that the dtr1+ had a more analogue and warmer sound based on comments in this thread. If what you say is true then it would be best to keep my dtr1 as I use it for my 90s hip hop collection solely when you mentioned a 90s Walkman sound.
U won't regret keeping the DTR1
Once it's gone, it's gone forever
As the market favors android based player, pure function player would become rare gem in the future.
I would recommend adding HUM ma1s amp to pair with the dtr1, the bass is more crisp, vivid and larger soundstage.
A worthy upgrade imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back