Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 29, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #2,011 of 2,316
So folks, any improvements noticed after burning in?
I noticed huge improvement in detaiization (low frequences area). It's pure diamond there.
I listened today to Witchcraft's Legend album which has very "muddy" stoner-like sound and was impressed how good it separates bass guitar from "muddy" distorted guitars.

And in general - you feel like music is in good hands now. It's smooth, juicy and detailed at the same time.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #2,013 of 2,316
I noticed huge improvement in detaiization (low frequences area). It's pure diamond there.
I listened today to Witchcraft's Legend album which has very "muddy" stoner-like sound and was impressed how good it separates bass guitar from "muddy" distorted guitars.

And in general - you feel like music is in good hands now. It's smooth, juicy and detailed at the same time.

I'm just curious - first of all isn't the term breaking in, not burning in? Burning in is for things like your OLED or Plasma TV - that's burn in. And that's not a good thing. I think people get the terms confused. Breaking in is the term used for audio devices. Secondly - how does breaking in a DAP even work? technically speaking, it's all digital components in there. For a headphone or speaker I get it because there's moving parts. But there's no moving parts inside a DAP. It's all digital circuitry. So how can playing through it for a number of hours or days or weeks be any different? Can you explain that to me?

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2,015 of 2,316
I'm just curious - first of all isn't the term breaking in, not burning in? Burning in is for things like your OLED or Plasma TV - that's burn in. And that's not a good thing. I think people get the terms confused. Breaking in is the term used for audio devices. Secondly - how does breaking in a DAP even work? technically speaking, it's all digital components in there. For a headphone or speaker I get it because there's moving parts. But there's no moving parts inside a DAP. It's all digital circuitry. So how can playing through it for a number of hours or days or weeks be any different? Can you explain that to me?
I am not going to give you the right answer but it is like some amps or other gear it performs better when it warms up, or smartphones when they get older they perform worse because of circuitry wearing out and getting tired, or some gadgets having problems in a cold or heat. All those capacitors and chips have parameters like resistance, voltage and etc. which with time or in certain conditions can slightly shift so it can slightly influence performance of the gadget.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2,016 of 2,316
Hi, guys! Has anybody listened DTR1 with such IEMs as Moondrop Blessing 2, LZ A7, BQEYZ Spring 2 ?
I'm trying to choose one from them.
Honestly, Final E5000 didn't seem interesting to my ears. I tried them with different tips.
Now I'm listening the player with iBasso IT01, and it sounds much better: more detailed, separated, mature.

As for the IEMs I listed above I'm afraid DTR1 may lack fullness with hybrids. It'd be perfect to know about someone's good experience with them.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #2,017 of 2,316
Custom case arrived. Fits like a glove and I love the color that I picked. 😁😁

8C07A6A2-D6F7-478C-8190-4F641926102F.jpeg

492F23AA-4961-49C4-86E6-0ACDBCA81016.jpeg

C50AA7C9-1823-4C47-BD73-0F24F19E3558.jpeg

D0014E89-C704-4602-9FF9-DF661D636C80.jpeg

C0792BB4-78AE-4FD9-9ED5-7EB634BE8DC2.jpeg

Oct 3, 2021 at 11:25 PM Post #2,019 of 2,316
How did you get it? Is it Dethonray made? How to order it?
It's not a Dethonray official case. It was made by a case maker whose custom cases are all handmade by himself, one by one. I ordered directly from him after learning about his WeChat account in a small Dethonray WeChat group in which Anson was also active. I got to pick the color from several options and to decide whether I wanted the Dethonray logo in the base of the case painted in gold, which I chose no. I received the case 23 days after I placed the order. So far I've been quite happy with the fit and the quality of it.

Oct 4, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #2,020 of 2,316
It's not a Dethonray official case. It was made by a case maker whose custom cases are all handmade by himself, one by one. I ordered directly from him after learning about his WeChat account in a small Dethonray WeChat group in which Anson was also active. I got to pick the color from several options and to decide whether I wanted the Dethonray logo in the base of the case painted in gold, which I chose no. I received the case 23 days after I placed the order. So far I've been quite happy with the fit and the quality of it.
Very nice! Will contact anson for it. 23 days, a little longer.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #2,025 of 2,316
As I know- 'burning in' is the right term for digital components.
It has something to do with capacitors (maybe something else), which need some warm up with an actual heat :)

I never followed burn in process, to be honest. And I used to buy majority of what I have/had on the used market, so have small experience of 'burning in' of new items. But I usually notice a minor sonic change after some listening time.

P.S. Had a long drive recently and was impressed by DTR1+ battery. On LO (low gain) - it lasted 8,5 hour non-stop playing. My expectations were muuuch lower :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back