Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Oct 6, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #2,026 of 2,316
As I know- 'burning in' is the right term for digital components.
It has something to do with capacitors (maybe something else), which need some warm up with an actual heat :)

I never followed burn in process, to be honest. And I used to buy majority of what I have/had on the used market, so have small experience of 'burning in' of new items. But I usually notice a minor sonic change after some listening time.

P.S. Had a long drive recently and was impressed by DTR1+ battery. On LO (low gain) - it lasted 8,5 hour non-stop playing. My expectations were muuuch lower :)
I wish it would be my experience, my headphones are not that power hungry, but I have to use High impedance mode most of the time, so it lasts about 5 hours if not less but it is alright. By the way is there any audible difference between those filters in the settings menu?

Oct 6, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #2,027 of 2,316
I wish it would be my experience, my headphones are not that power hungry, but I have to use High impedance mode most of the time, so it lasts about 5 hours if not less but it is alright. By the way is there any audible difference between those filters in the settings menu?
I did not notice any difference.
I am using High for my headphones, because it gives enough volume and consumes less energy :)
For Line out (speakers, car audio) - low is sufficient.

Oct 7, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,028 of 2,316
Hello guys I am leaving the hobby, so letting the wonderful DTR1 go. Check my sig, it includes a great case.

Attachments

• DSC_0268.JPG
    DSC_0268.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 8, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #2,032 of 2,316
How does the reset option properly work? Need to hold it for a few seconds? Can't turn my DR1+ on, even the rest button doesn't help, going to try to update the firmware, then if it doesn't work will try to disconnect and reconnect the battery. If that doesn't work will ship it to China for inspection.

Oct 8, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #2,034 of 2,316
How does the reset option properly work? Need to hold it for a few seconds? Can't turn my DR1+ on, even the rest button doesn't help, going to try to update the firmware, then if it doesn't work will try to disconnect and reconnect the battery. If that doesn't work will ship it to China for inspection.
I had the same problem too. Resetting didn't work. I contacted Anson and he emailed me a new firmware 1.2. After updating the new firmware, I was able to power on the unit and had no problems since.

Oct 8, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #2,039 of 2,316
This is probably a dumb question but, if you can't turn it on, how do you update the firmware? (Mine has the same problem...Anson sent me 1.2 but I'm away and haven't had a chance to try the upgrade.)
It is like BIOS and operating system in computers, if your operating system is damaged and doesn't load you always have BIOS and can install a new operating system, they are like two separate and isolated modes, processes. It doesn't mean that device is broken it just can't load. Of course there might be instances when there is something wrong with the hardware and you need a mechanical intervention. So the question is whether you or I have issues with the software or hardware.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #2,040 of 2,316
It is like BIOS and operating system in computers, if your operating system is damaged and doesn't load you always have BIOS and can install a new operating system, they are like two separate and isolated modes, processes. It doesn't mean that device is broken it just can't load. Of course there might be instances when there is something wrong with the hardware and you need a mechanical intervention. So the question is whether you or I have issues with the software or hardware.
Thanks people...that gives me new hope for when I get home (was thinking there was a guaranteed month to wait while unit went from NZ to China and back).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back