Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:01 AM Post #1,922 of 2,316
Sep 6, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #1,923 of 2,316
Thanks for your impressions. Did you notice any improvements in screen area or is it the same as in DTR1? Just wondering if it is any brighter. Was there any case included?
The screen is definitely improved, it looks clearer with more vibrant color even though the screen is the same. Menu fonts look sharper which I think is the result of better font and improved anti-aliasing algorithm in the OS.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #1,925 of 2,316
Hello dethonray people.
My DTR1+ is on its way earlybird too but I live at the bottom of the world and we've just been in heavy COVID lockdown, so it may take a wee while to arrive.
In the meantime, my mind is turning to getting some nice IEMs to go with it...but my budget is somewhat limited. Needs to be IEM to avoid sound leakage at work etc. I could probably go to US$300 tops (so the tenders are out of my league). I like vocals and acoustic instruments - lots of classical, again especially vocal and chamber.
There aren't many options to try-before-you-buy round here.
Suggestions warmly received. (But maybe I should wait until people have had a chance to actually listen to it...??)

Sep 7, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #1,926 of 2,316
Sep 7, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #1,927 of 2,316
Hello dethonray people.
My DTR1+ is on its way earlybird too but I live at the bottom of the world and we've just been in heavy COVID lockdown, so it may take a wee while to arrive.
In the meantime, my mind is turning to getting some nice IEMs to go with it...but my budget is somewhat limited. Needs to be IEM to avoid sound leakage at work etc. I could probably go to US$300 tops (so the tenders are out of my league). I like vocals and acoustic instruments - lots of classical, again especially vocal and chamber.
There aren't many options to try-before-you-buy round here.
Suggestions warmly received. (But maybe I should wait until people have had a chance to actually listen to it...??)

The Globes @usd.339 - Smooth, warm, energetic w/o fatigue, decently technical for the price. The Mids are Penon's strengths without compromising the bass, treble and overall presentation...

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #1,930 of 2,316
Any U.S. early birds get shipping notifications for the DTR+ yet?
I'm in NZ and no notification either....but I wonder whether Anson's the sort to be a bit busy for that (it kind of feels like the guy will have gone down to DHL himself and may not have had time to send tracking info to everyone.....I'm kind of assuming a box will just show up some time.

Sep 8, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #1,931 of 2,316
I'm in NZ and no notification either....but I wonder whether Anson's the sort to be a bit busy for that (it kind of feels like the guy will have gone down to DHL himself and may not have had time to send tracking info to everyone.....I'm kind of assuming a box will just show up some time.
He said to me that he is going to arrange shipment on 9th of Spetember, I assume they are going to ship everything at once.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #1,932 of 2,316
FB_IMG_1631096027699.jpg

Anson special edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back