Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Mar 10, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #1,741 of 2,316
@lil BANE, did I say somewhere that I inserted it with the player on? I tried not to go on for pages and pages (the post was pretty long anyway), but, no, I didn't insert it while on.
I was replying back to p0rn - he posted a video where he turns his DTR-1 on, and then inserts his SD card - then the screens starts flickering.

p0rn - to update the firmware, you should copy the "update.zip" file to the SD card root folder (your SD card should be formatted to FAT32). Power on the player and hold the down key for 5 seconds until the update screen is shown - the system will take over from there.

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #1,742 of 2,316
Just out of curiosity, why are you inserting the SD card with the player already on? Have you tried inserting the SD card and then turning the player on?
Does not matter, same problem.
Believe me, I have tried all possible easy ways to make it work. Reset, change card, format card, use the card that was OK before, insert card when the player is on and when it is off. Tried cards with different capacity and different manufacturers. All the same.
What I did not is updating the firmware. I can't because the only FW file available is 4.0 and player does not update with this file. Can't find 3.8 FW file.

Mar 11, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #1,744 of 2,316
Tried to update to 3.8, player become a brick.
It was the same as my previous attempts with 4.0.
Hold down button and power button, wait for about 30 seconds - nothing happens. Then player does not turn on. But reset button (little hole near the charging port) worked, player turned on with 3.8 FW. Now reset does not help. Full brick.

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #1,745 of 2,316
Tried to update to 3.8, player become a brick.
It was the same as my previous attempts with 4.0.
Hold down button and power button, wait for about 30 seconds - nothing happens. Then player does not turn on. But reset button (little hole near the charging port) worked, player turned on with 3.8 FW. Now reset does not help. Full brick.

Your problem are the same as my first DTR1 (if you read the thread you might saw my posts).
It was started with unable to turn on normally and have to poke the reset button to turn on, then after a few days it completely dead.

May I ask some question regard the DAP behavior and usage
1. Did the battery meter show correctly before?
2. Did you usually using High gain or not?
3. DId you somehow leave it run until the battery completely drained?
4. How long did you got the DAP?

Why I ask? because it might point some weak point of the DTR1
1. My failed unit (first one) battery meter always jumping up and down.
2. My first and second replacement units using High gain. The first on bricked, the second one failed to read SD card but when the third one came I always using Low and Mid gain. I suspected that High gain might have something goes wrong.
3. IIRC the issue start to occurred when I you it to burn-in the headphone and I leave it until battery drained.
4. If you got it around Jun or Jul last year, it might be defective lot as same as mine.

By the way, contact the dealer for the replacment, nothing can do on the end user side.

Mar 11, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #1,746 of 2,316
AD1) Battery meter not show correctly, you must count hours. 3.5-4 hours charging, not more.

If your DTR1 no turn up, trying chagrin twice for 4 hours. BTW very important is polarity, you must charge always from the same electrical outlet. This is for my experience.

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #1,747 of 2,316
Your problem are the same as my first DTR1 (if you read the thread you might saw my posts).
It was started with unable to turn on normally and have to poke the reset button to turn on, then after a few days it completely dead.

May I ask some question regard the DAP behavior and usage

Why I ask? because it might point some weak point of the DTR1
1. My failed unit (first one) battery meter always jumping up and down.
2. My first and second replacement units using High gain. The first on bricked, the second one failed to read SD card but when the third one came I always using Low and Mid gain. I suspected that High gain might have something goes wrong.
3. IIRC the issue start to occurred when I you it to burn-in the headphone and I leave it until battery drained.
4. If you got it around Jun or Jul last year, it might be defective lot as same as mine.

By the way, contact the dealer for the replacment, nothing can do on the end user side.
- It showed correctly
- No, it was M or L
- No or I don't remember
- About 2 years, not shure exactly

Mar 11, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #1,748 of 2,316
- It showed correctly
- No, it was M or L
- No or I don't remember
- About 2 years, not shure exactly
Thanks for answering the questions.
Well, 2 years are quite long compared to my first one that brick after only a month. However, it shouldn’t failed this soon, I expected 5+ years except for the battery or button degrade over time.

Sorry to know that your DTR1 was bricked. Hope you find the solution to fix soon.

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #1,750 of 2,316
It seems like there is a new version of the DTR1? I was browsing their site and came across a player with the name DTR1 Plus. No other info about it on the site though..
I've noticed too a few weeks ago. Probably some upgrades or maybe nothing.

Mar 16, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #1,751 of 2,316
Hi. Been a while since I updated here. If you remember my sad tale, I had purchased a used DTR1, which after a while if use just stopped working. Didn't charge, didn't turn on, nada. I for in touch with Anson (many thanks to F700), who had me send it to someone in California (shipping to China was prohibitively expensive). They couldn't do anything with my unit, and sent me another, which was just as dead as the one I sent there. I let them know, and they sent another, which turned on, but didn't play music. Anson was ready to replace it again, but I realized I had loaded a new SD card, figured trying my old one (which worked in my original player until it died) made sense before trying again. Sure enough, the player worked fine, the card was defective. So I'm back in action. I really have to give incredible thanks and kudos to Anson; the service was so above and beyond the call of duty it's amazing! (he actually owed more no service at all). Loving the player, I'm a happy camper!
Happy outcome, I am happy for you. Enjoy the DTR1 again.

Mar 20, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,753 of 2,316
Does the DTR1 play nice w/ the Dunu Zen?
It’s a bit bright for my taste. ZEN and Calyx M (I have both daps like you) is the winning combo.

May 1, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #1,754 of 2,316
1619874453786.png

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,755 of 2,316

Users who are viewing this thread

Back