Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Mar 9, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #1,726 of 2,316
Could someone share the 3.8 firmware file, please?
All the links I can find are dead.

Also it would be great to get Windows software to update DTR1 to 4.0 firmware and instructions how to do this.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #1,728 of 2,316
I've tried to update FW to 4.0, could not do that, and now I have a problem with SD card reading.
The screen blinks quickly when I insert SD card that was OK before and the message is "SD card Inserted", it blinks and never stop. Other cards have the same problem.
I want to try to reinstall FW, 3.8 or 4.0 - anything.

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #1,729 of 2,316
I've tried to update FW to 4.0, could not do that, and now I have a problem with SD card reading.
The screen blinks quickly when I insert SD card that was OK before and the message is "SD card Inserted", it blinks and never stop. Other cards have the same problem.
I want to try to reinstall FW, 3.8 or 4.0 - anything.
Did you try to press the reset button ? next to the charging port

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #1,733 of 2,316
Looks like it is 4.0, exactly the same size.
I can't update to 4.0 with SD card, press "down+power" and nothing happens, player does not respond to anything after that, only reset helps.
same nothing happens then I have to reset. The device resets to my previous 3.8 and I have no problem. The problem is I can't make any firmware updates.

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #1,737 of 2,316
Hi. Been a while since I updated here. If you remember my sad tale, I had purchased a used DTR1, which after a while if use just stopped working. Didn't charge, didn't turn on, nada. I for in touch with Anson (many thanks to F700), who had me send it to someone in California (shipping to China was prohibitively expensive). They couldn't do anything with my unit, and sent me another, which was just as dead as the one I sent there. I let them know, and they sent another, which turned on, but didn't play music. Anson was ready to replace it again, but I realized I had loaded a new SD card, figured trying my old one (which worked in my original player until it died) made sense before trying again. Sure enough, the player worked fine, the card was defective. So I'm back in action. I really have to give incredible thanks and kudos to Anson; the service was so above and beyond the call of duty it's amazing! (he actually owed more no service at all). Loving the player, I'm a happy camper!

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #1,738 of 2,316
shure i did
Just out of curiosity, why are you inserting the SD card with the player already on? Have you tried inserting the SD card and then turning the player on?

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #1,739 of 2,316
On a side note, there's been discussion of adding an amp to the DTR1. I didn't feel like spending more right more (on an amp; been up to my neck in other heart and music purchases), so I dug up an old portable amp I had sitting in a drawer, an alo National. Y'know, the combination is JUST TERRIFIC! I tend not to like these 2 box solutions, they're clunky, annoying, not pocket friendly. So of course, my 2 main listening sources now are the DTR1/alo pair, and the new CEntrance M8 v2 paired with my LG v40 phone. Not pocket friendly, but both combinations are fabulous sounding.

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:37 PM Post #1,740 of 2,316
@lil BANE, did I say somewhere that I inserted it with the player on? I tried not to go on for pages and pages (the post was pretty long anyway), but, no, I didn't insert it while on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back