Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Aug 21, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #631 of 2,316
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #639 of 2,316
hello, I went to the mirror that you post and made the download to the pc and them I put it on the card directory

update.zip with a file size of exactly 63,031,392. Make sure file is not corrupted when you downloaded it.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #641 of 2,316
Review is done, and hopefully all the questions are answered :wink: Enjoy!

dethonray_dtr1-16.jpg

Aug 27, 2019 at 1:37 AM Post #642 of 2,316
I'm somewhat baffled by all these daps on the market that bring so much power to the table. I keep circling back to a compact/handheld device being used 'primarily' for IEMs while on the go. I realize that's a really myopic view of a DAP, but hang with me. I have to think that more than 50% of the flagship or midfi level DAPs are being used with sensitive IEMs. So why does it seem that more than 50% of the DAPs result in hiss with many IEMs? Looking at the specs, you have more than half a watt from balanced usually. That's just insane for IEMs.

Instead of focusing on 'purpose-built' DAPs - some for cans and others for IEMs - DAP manufactueres are aiming to drive everything you can hook up to it (short of a few planars). This is great if you're using it with cans, sure. But detrimental to IEMs IMO. I've tried living with IEMatch and it's an eyesore and a hassle. Plus, it's another link in the audio chain adding resistance to the circuit and coloring the sound much like an analog potentiometer does. Now I don't claim to hear any loss of fidelity with IEMatch, but purists cringe at the mention of it.

In the end, I understand the allure to appeal to as many audio enthusiasts as you can with each device you make (for sales reasons). But, I argue that a manufacturer 'could' hit it out of the park and sell MORE of a DAP if it was purpose built for a specific use case.

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #644 of 2,316
I don't understand this iematch thing I had the CA IO and Noble khan and never had hiss or bad sound balance with the DTR1, this is a awsome device that puts to shame many others, that is the reality
I have to admit I have a bit of noise floor/hiss with my Fearless S8F. Going LO to the FiiO A5 allowed to completly cancel that faint noise, without losing SQ. The DTR1 is a pure concentrate of power, remaining musical at the same time. Such an enjoyment :)

I've ordered an iEMatch to experience the benefit (or not) of it by myself... let's see...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back