Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #616 of 2,313
The funny thing, ever since I mentioned a few days ago on FB about getting DTR1 for review, many questions I received to share impressions are from the current owners of this DAP :D

I promise to spend more time with it tonight so I can share some of my sound impressions, perhaps using Andro and Solaris since many are curious about hissing. And because iEMatch was mentioned in a few of the previous posts, I will throw it into the mix as well, just for comparison.

Btw, the last time I chatted with Anson (outstanding guy!!!), I suggested to add a long-press up arrow during the playback like a "home button" to get back to the main screen menu where you can navigate to settings and other options at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, when I get into my nested sub-folders, it takes quite a few back left-arrow clicks to get to the settings, especially the gain. Perhaps, gain could be added to playback menu (long-press middle button) as well.

I'm really interested in this dap. Does it sound as good as people say?

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #618 of 2,313
Btw, the last time I chatted with Anson (outstanding guy!!!), I suggested to add a long-press up arrow during the playback like a "home button" to get back to the main screen menu where you can navigate to settings and other options at the bottom of the screen. Otherwise, when I get into my nested sub-folders, it takes quite a few back left-arrow clicks to get to the settings, especially the gain. Perhaps, gain could be added to playback menu (long-press middle button) as well
yeah, I asked him about this a couple weeks ago .. and also add filters to the quick menu and full-screen display of album art

Aug 15, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #619 of 2,313
Aug 15, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #621 of 2,313
I also own the Calyx M, AK 380 and a few other daps and if you don't listen to really complex music that requires a big soundstage I think Calyx M has the best sounding of any dap

I have had most all of the Flagships and Calyx Audio-M is the king. Bad battery,no EQ, SE only....and yet...KING IMO

/OT

I got the Prelude and if it is anywhere near the Calyx I will be stoked :)

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #622 of 2,313
I have had most all of the Flagships and Calyx Audio-M is the king. Bad battery,no EQ, SE only....and yet...KING IMO

/OT

I got the Prelude and if it is anywhere near the Calyx I will be stoked :)
I own and listen to both. Prelude for the office, Calyx M at home. The Calyx M is a tad warmer and analogue sounding, but the clarity and power from the Prelude is impressive.

Aug 15, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #623 of 2,313
Office set-up: Fearless S8F, DTR1 Prelude and Fiio A5 (via LO). The S8F picks some light hiss from the DTR1. The FiiO A5 solves this and now I have the blackest background. It's a terrific combo, highly detailed sound, with a hint of warmth.

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #627 of 2,313
how is it compared to
Opus#1S?
have anyone had both?

I do and my review was already linked. These two are in different leagues. I like the warmth and smoothness the Opus#1s brings with it,but it does not have the power or the dynamics of the DTR1. You need to add the Xcan for power to match the DTR1's output and even then the sound is not as holographic or detailed as the DTR1. Big fan of Opus#1s and still use mine quite a bit, bigger fan of DTR1 and can see it replacing the Opus in my daily rotation.

W

Users who are viewing this thread

Back