Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Apr 28, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #122 of 2,313
Bingo, it is hum hypno.
I usually pair it with hum dolores.
My friend you and I have same taste in gears. BTW that interconnect, I begged Dita to make interconnects, that was the end result. I'm now begging them to implement their awesome plug for interconnect, it would sell like hot cakes. Imagine having an interconnect that is universal.

Going back to DTR1, I had an option to be part of the first batch Blue colour limited release. I sadly rejected as I did not know the brand, and I thought it would be too large (Colourfly C4 size large). I now wish I didn't. Anyways, I'm very happy to see another worthy company enter the game, they remind of HUM, release the very best bare minimum has to offer, and work from there.

I can't wait to see what they have to offer next.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #125 of 2,313
My friend you and I have same taste in gears. BTW that interconnect, I begged Dita to make interconnects, that was the end result. I'm now begging them to implement their awesome plug for interconnect, it would sell like hot cakes. Imagine having an interconnect that is universal.

Going back to DTR1, I had an option to be part of the first batch Blue colour limited release. I sadly rejected as I did not know the brand, and I thought it would be too large (Colourfly C4 size large). I now wish I didn't. Anyways, I'm very happy to see another worthy company enter the game, they remind of HUM, release the very best bare minimum has to offer, and work from there.

I can't wait to see what they have to offer next.

Thanks for the good words. i am a fan of dethonray and HUM through the strong recommendation of a Good Friend, and i have nothing but Joy with them ever since.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 11:16 PM Post #126 of 2,313
Yeah, I don’t get that either. I mean I get it, but is he saying he likes his Hum hypno better? Maybe.

You are kinda right, i am a big fan of hypno sound tuning.
it brings deeper bass, brighter treble and bigger sound stage.
Don't get me wrong, the dtr1 is awesome the way it is.
With its clarity and tons of detail in the sound.
the Dtr1 alone is actually more powerful then using DTR1 and Hypno combine.
But i just think the combo of Dtr1 and Hypno sounds more to my liking then running the Dtr1 alone.
As i only use IEM for my personal listening session
Therefore high power output is not a necessity.

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #127 of 2,313
Waiting for my DTR1 unit to arrive in next few days. Planning to do the research first and than come up with the detailed review. Have around 50 pairs of IEMs to try to combine it with (won't be doing all, just the best for my taste which are Tanchjim Oxygen, Moondrop Kanas Pro, Magaosi K6, Earnine EN2J, etc) and about 12 DAPs & DACs to test against. The main battle should be between the HiBy R6Pro which is a powerhouse packed with huge amount of extra features for the same price and has the most appealing SQ so far, especially at the lower end. One thing that I don't know - which version exactly would show up: with 107dB or 117dB

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #129 of 2,313
You are kinda right, i am a big fan of hypno sound tuning.
it brings deeper bass, brighter treble and bigger sound stage.
Don't get me wrong, the dtr1 is awesome the way it is.
With its clarity and tons of detail in the sound.
the Dtr1 alone is actually more powerful then using DTR1 and Hypno combine.
But i just think the combo of Dtr1 and Hypno sounds more to my liking then running the Dtr1 alone.
As i only use IEM for my personal listening session
Therefore high power output is not a necessity.

So basically if the Dtr1 had an EQ you wouldn't need an Amp to change the sound to your preference.

May 2, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #130 of 2,313
Waiting for my DTR1 unit to arrive in next few days. Planning to do the research first and than come up with the detailed review. Have around 50 pairs of IEMs to try to combine it with (won't be doing all, just the best for my taste which are Tanchjim Oxygen, Moondrop Kanas Pro, Magaosi K6, Earnine EN2J, etc) and about 12 DAPs & DACs to test against. The main battle should be between the HiBy R6Pro which is a powerhouse packed with huge amount of extra features for the same price and has the most appealing SQ so far, especially at the lower end. One thing that I don't know - which version exactly would show up: with 107dB or 117dB

Looking forward for your review. Been planning to buy DTR1 soon. Also planning to pair it too with Magaosi K6. It would be great to hear an impression about it first.

May 2, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #133 of 2,313
I wish this dap had an eq function. I think id Buy it now if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back