Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #1,442 of 2,313
I agree - it would be a shame if lots of us start to experience this issue. Thanks for the hint about noticing that the player stays warm. I've only had mine for about 4 days - haven't noticed anything yet.

I do see that it doesn't look like it will "play everything in this folder then stop". My other players could do that. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to see if I was missing something. (PlayThroughFolders OFF and PlayMode set to first option)

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,443 of 2,313
Does rolling back to an older firmware remedy the problem? Anyone tried that? Maybe back to firmware 2.x instead of 3 or 4.

Wanted to try it but can't even rely on my unit booting reliably. Even after stabbing the reset hole. If I had stable firmware I wouldn't go back to an older revision.

I do see that it doesn't look like it will "play everything in this folder then stop". My other players could do that. It's not a big deal but I just wanted to see if I was missing something. (PlayThroughFolders OFF and PlayMode set to first option)

It won't finish the folder and stop. It'll loop inside the folder.

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,445 of 2,313
Try removing the memory card, check the files in the card on a computer. See if there's any odd file inside.
And maybe try a separate card, use basic mp3 file, wav, flac, with minimal metadata, to see if it reads properly.

I think the behavior of not being able to just "play everything in a single folder and then stop" is the way it's designed. Am I wrong about that ? It's not a big deal - that's just my understanding of something this player cannot do at this time.

Aug 10, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #1,447 of 2,313
Unfortunately I got poor support from the dealer that I purchased. It really disappointed even though the dealer has good reputation. No Dethonray dealer in my country, so I have to bought it oversea.

My journey to resurrect my DTR1 were:
1. Direct email to Anson for help.
2. Contact seller for support.

I do both ways at the same time around 2 weeks ago. Here are the result so far.

1. Anson replied shortly, suggest to tried update firmware again but it doesn't work. I asked him again if I got mini HDMI cable can I able to do it myself? He said it complicated, let's the dealer handle it, he'll send the cable to them.

2. Seller always asked me to wait, they said it will be solution by tomorrow, the instruction and software will receive by today but no response after that. I have to keep asking them.

The last reply I got 3 days ago, they sorry for keep me waiting and everything is ready and will tell me tomorrow (it was late night that time), the next day I told them I'm ready and waiting. And guess what, "no response" from them.

Today I complained about not receive a good support. They read it but not answer anything, they completely ignored me. Almost 600$ gone for a DAP with nearly 2 months life span.

Aug 10, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #1,448 of 2,313
Unfortunately I got poor support from the dealer that I purchased. It really disappointed even though the dealer has good reputation. No Dethonray dealer in my country, so I have to bought it oversea.

My journey to resurrect my DTR1 were:
1. Direct email to Anson for help.
2. Contact seller for support.

I do both ways at the same time around 2 weeks ago. Here are the result so far.

1. Anson replied shortly, suggest to tried update firmware again but it doesn't work. I asked him again if I got mini HDMI cable can I able to do it myself? He said it complicated, let's the dealer handle it, he'll send the cable to them.

2. Seller always asked me to wait, they said it will be solution by tomorrow, the instruction and software will receive by today but no response after that. I have to keep asking them.

The last reply I got 3 days ago, they sorry for keep me waiting and everything is ready and will tell me tomorrow (it was late night that time), the next day I told them I'm ready and waiting. And guess what, "no response" from them.

Today I complained about not receive a good support. They read it but not answer anything, they completely ignored me. Almost 600$ gone for a DAP with nearly 2 months life span.
Who is the dealer? Shop and contact person? Name them please, we will try something

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #1,450 of 2,313
Thanks for your help, really appreciated. I bought from Jaben Singapore.
Jaben Singapore is one of my favorite place to buy audio stuff. I heard they are now moving in new premises, hence the delay in response (maybe). Could you please pm me with your order details, meaning just date of purchase, order reference and last name? I also will try to contact Anson, even though I did not get any answer from him about my last enquiry (busy too with the honey H1).

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #1,451 of 2,313
I think the behavior of not being able to just "play everything in a single folder and then stop" is the way it's designed. Am I wrong about that ? It's not a big deal - that's just my understanding of something this player cannot do at this time.
No, you can do it.

1st: get into settings and choose the « play mode » option. Then, the last option available (->|)

6FB82593-320C-4810-9616-06CABA7F8075.jpeg

2nd: then organize your library in folders. Yes, it takes time, but even if you move on to another DAP your SD-Card is set once for all. Just for info, buy another SD-Card and load it the same way for back up. Even more time-consuming, but essential for non-streaming audio enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #1,452 of 2,313
Maybe a version other that 4.0 does that. But when I choose that Play Mode it stops after each song. It does not play the entire folder. (all my music is already arranged in folders - one folder per album)

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #1,453 of 2,313
Jaben Singapore is one of my favorite place to buy audio stuff. I heard they are now moving in new premises, hence the delay in response (maybe). Could you please pm me with your order details, meaning just date of purchase, order reference and last name? I also will try to contact Anson, even though I did not get any answer from him about my last enquiry (busy too with the honey H1).

PM sent. Thank you.

Aug 11, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #1,454 of 2,313
After 1 month I finally received my DTR1. There are problems with the DTR1: 2 scratches appeared on the back panel, they are clearly visible. I have not yet checked if the player is working, it is charging right now. I also noticed that the charging socket in the player became loose, when the cable is connected, the cable loosens a little because of this, charging is sometimes interrupted. Before the repair of the DTR1, everything was fine with charging socket, the cable was held tightly in the socket.
Anson previously said that issue wasn't hardware related, but he actually changed PCB board on my dtr1. Looks like problem was hardware related. That's weird because he said the opposite.
So far I'm really disappointed in Dethonray as a company. Received my dtr1 with scratches and now I have issues with charging socket in the player.

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_132708.jpg
    IMG_20200810_132708.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200810_132759.jpg
    IMG_20200810_132759.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,455 of 2,313
After 1 month I finally received my DTR1. There are problems with the DTR1: 2 scratches appeared on the back panel, they are clearly visible. I have not yet checked if the player is working, it is charging right now. I also noticed that the charging socket in the player became loose, when the cable is connected, the cable loosens a little because of this, charging is sometimes interrupted. Before the repair of the DTR1, everything was fine with charging socket, the cable was held tightly in the socket.
Anson previously said that issue wasn't hardware related, but he actually changed PCB board on my dtr1. Looks like problem was hardware related. That's weird because he said the opposite.
So far I'm really disappointed in Dethonray as a company. Received my dtr1 with scratches and now I have issues with charging socket in the player.

Sorry to hear that. That not a little scratch, it show how poor the disassemble and reassemble process.

I feel you man, we paid and expected for a perfect condition product. However, if repair is required, it should fixed to a nearly perfect condition.
The scratch is bad enough but the loose charging port is quite unacceptable.

By the way, I also think that it isn't only software issue cause the problem cases are not that much.
If the software having issue, many people on the same firmware version should facing the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back