Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 16, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #1,036 of 2,316
Hi folks! I am very interested in this DAP now and just wondering, what is the maximum memory card support on it? As for playback, does it do up to DSD256? Thanks!

no to answer ur question, but looking at ur inventories, DTR1 will be a downgrade both utility and sound imho

Jan 16, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #1,037 of 2,316
no to answer ur question, but looking at ur inventories, DTR1 will be a downgrade both utility and sound imho

Ah I was looking for a simple yet powerful DAP for my commute. My go-to DAP these days is the Cayin N6ii but that thing is a brick...

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #1,039 of 2,316
Hi evry one !
I am new in this forum, according to the the fact that the QLS QA361 has more or less the same philosophy and same approach, I was wondering if this DAP may go a bit further than the DTR1 in terms of sound quality and power.
Any comparaisons between these two DAPS will be most welcomed, as if we add the Dethonray Amp to the DTR1, price will be very closed to each other.
Thanks for your informations.

I have owned QA361 for 1 years and now have dtr1 about 1 year. DTR1 is more powerful than QA361, especially in high gain mode, I tested T1/LCD4/HD650/HD800. It is unbelievable! Such a small box can dive headphone easily.
But never try the AMP, for me, DTR1 can handle all of my earbuds and LO also great!

Jan 17, 2020 at 5:34 AM Post #1,044 of 2,316
Yes, tried side by side and forgot what was the dac/amp card, I found N6ii have blacker background and more clearer highs

Oh I love the N6ii so much that I sold my WM1A. But I need a slightly more portable DAP for my everyday train commute that actually sounds good. Planning to pair the Dethonray with a Final E5000, which is light and comfortable.

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,045 of 2,316
Oh I love the N6ii so much that I sold my WM1A. But I need a slightly more portable DAP for my everyday train commute that actually sounds good. Planning to pair the Dethonray with a Final E5000, which is light and comfortable.
DTR1 and E5000 is a great combo!

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:55 AM Post #1,046 of 2,316
Yes, tried side by side and forgot what was the dac/amp card, I found N6ii have blacker background and more clearer highs
haven‘t heard either of them but read that DTR1 has more than enough highs. Now reading the N6ii has even more I am wondering if that tuning might be a bit of v shape?

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,048 of 2,316
haven‘t heard either of them but read that DTR1 has more than enough highs. Now reading the N6ii has even more I am wondering if that tuning might be a bit of v shape?

I haven't heard it either, but from what I have read, sound quality it is very dependant upon which module is used. Nothing I have read implies it has a 'better' more accurate sound quality than the DTR1 (not that I care), although this, as ever, will be very subjective. What sounds 'better' to some, is often less accurate, but that's ok; it has always been this way with music reproduction.

I know people whom don't like pizza from Napoli and that's their right to choose :ksc75smile:

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,049 of 2,316
You most likely listened to the N6ii with its T01 motherboard, which is thinner and airier sounding than the A01 standard motherboard. The DTR1 with some BA-only IEMs might pick some noise floor, you are right. With the HA-2 amp, the DTR1 is more silent, even with single DD or Tribrid.

In any case, if you think that the highs were clearer on the N6ii, I am glad to stay with my DTR1... Different tastes for different folks :)

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #1,050 of 2,316
What do you guys think are some other good IEM synergy with the DTR1? I am quite set on the E5000, but also open to other suggestions. I have a feeling the my andromeda might hiss with this DAP, but curious to know whether it will go well with my IT04 and Oriveti OH500 *fingers crossed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back