Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 17, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,051 of 2,313
You most likely listened to the N6ii with its T01 motherboard, which is thinner and airier sounding than the A01 standard motherboard. The DTR1 with some BA-only IEMs might pick some noise floor, you are right. With the HA-2 amp, the DTR1 is more silent, even with single DD or Tribrid.

In any case, if you think that the highs were clearer on the N6ii, I am glad to stay with my DTR1... Different tastes for different folks :)
n6ii sound is very average
nothing more than a smartphone!!!
this is my worst purchase
after a week I sold it with great relief
even my nwz x1060 sounds more interesting

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,052 of 2,313
n6ii sound is very average
nothing more than a smartphone!!!
this is my worst purchase
after a week I sold it with great relief
even my nwz x1060 sounds more interesting
Never thought it could be that bad... Very different opinions about the N6ii apparently. I never listened to it myself

Jan 17, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,053 of 2,313
What do you guys think are some other good IEM synergy with the DTR1? I am quite set on the E5000, but also open to other suggestions. I have a feeling the my andromeda might hiss with this DAP, but curious to know whether it will go well with my IT04 and Oriveti OH500 *fingers crossed*
You should be fine with the OH500, it's a hybrid with a smooth sound. Andro most likely will hiss a bit. No clue about IT04...

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #1,054 of 2,313
You should be fine with the OH500, it's a hybrid with a smooth sound. Andro most likely will hiss a bit. No clue about IT04...

I got a chance to test out Final E5000 with Dethonray DTR1 today. And man, I have to say the E5000 is not an easygoing IEM (listened with 70/100 volume on my N6ii balanced mode). But the DTR1 handled it beautifully on high gain. Just wow! I think I will grab both soon. Excited for this commute combo.

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #1,055 of 2,313
I got a chance to test out Final E5000 with Dethonray DTR1 today. And man, I have to say the E5000 is not an easygoing IEM (listened with 70/100 volume on my N6ii balanced mode). But the DTR1 handled it beautifully on high gain. Just wow! I think I will grab both soon. Excited for this commute combo.
Both items were meant to meet and shine together. I am at 25/30 out of 60 on high gain with the E5000. It goes loud, pounds hard and clear, great vocal presence, no distorsion, just music flowing. Oh yeah, this is serious sound coming out of that combo.

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #1,056 of 2,313
Both items were meant to meet and shine together. I am at 25/30 out of 60 on high gain with the E5000. It goes loud, pounds hard and clear, great vocal presence, no distorsion, just music flowing. Oh yeah, this is serious sound coming out of that combo.

Quick question: do you find the E5000 leak sound a lot with that volume? Seem like we both find 25/30 listenable level. It leaked a bit at the store for me so I am a bit concerned people might hear music in the office lol. Probably, subway/train commute will be fine.

Jan 18, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,057 of 2,313
Quick question: do you find the E5000 leak sound a lot with that volume? Seem like we both find 25/30 listenable level. It leaked a bit at the store for me so I am a bit concerned people might hear music in the office lol. Probably, subway/train commute will be fine.
Not good in the office. Tried myself, was told to turn the volume down :) public transport will be fine, especially nowadays with every people with TWS in their ears

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #1,058 of 2,313
Hey guys,

Quick question: Is there auto cut off with DTR1 after hitting 100? Fully charge indicator is only from the charger itself. Trouble is I'm color blind and often, I have to ask my family members the color of the LED. Is it fluorescent green or fluorescent yellow?

2.5 hours is the standard full charging time?

Jan 18, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #1,059 of 2,313
Hey guys,

Quick question: Is there auto cut off with DTR1 after hitting 100? Fully charge indicator is only from the charger itself. Trouble is I'm color blind and often, I have to ask my family members the color of the LED. Is it fluorescent green or fluorescent yellow?

2.5 hours is the standard full charging time?
The charger shows a green light when a charge is complete. A full charge takes approx. 2.5 hours, yes. Make it 3 hours to be sure

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,060 of 2,313
The charger shows a green light when a charge is complete. A full charge takes approx. 2.5 hours, yes. Make it 3 hours to be sure

Just to add that prior to the light turning green, it is constant red; obviously with you being colour blind this may not fully help, but at least you know that there is a change of colour when it is fully charged :thumbsup:

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #1,061 of 2,313

Also alexlevn0791, whether you believe in it or not, I genuinely think this combination improves over the first 30-50 hours :gs1000smile:

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,062 of 2,313
Hi everybody,

Just receive my new DTR1.
It comes to replace my AK SR15.
It will work with my Focal Stellia.

The pros :
- The SQ is pretty amazing, very neutral, with great resolution and wihtout any agressivity. Preety hard to find better SQ on others daps...
- In high gain, the player is very very powerful. With my Stellia, i don't pass the 30 in volume bar
- scannng my 400Go card is very fast

For the cons :
- I regret that the previous button doesn't come bak to the begining of the title which is playing.
- The light of the screen is not enough to see it in daylight
- Informations on screen while playing a title don't show the name of the artist or album or the path, but only the name of the file. So when you play in shuffle mode on the library, if the names of your files begin with 01 - tatata, you only see that and you don't know who is it etc..
- Dethonray could propose a charger in option to have the possibility to have two chargers. It could be practical for me to have one to my home and one at office

Jan 22, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,063 of 2,313
Hi everybody,

Just receive my new DTR1.
It comes to replace my AK SR15.
It will work with my Focal Stellia.

The pros :
- The SQ is pretty amazing, very neutral, with great resolution and wihtout any agressivity. Preety hard to find better SQ on others daps...
- In high gain, the player is very very powerful. With my Stellia, i don't pass the 30 in volume bar
- scannng my 400Go card is very fast

For the cons :
- I regret that the previous button doesn't come bak to the begining of the title which is playing.
- The light of the screen is not enough to see it in daylight
- Informations on screen while playing a title don't show the name of the artist or album or the path, but only the name of the file. So when you play in shuffle mode on the library, if the names of your files begin with 01 - tatata, you only see that and you don't know who is it etc..
- Dethonray could propose a charger in option to have the possibility to have two chargers. It could be practical for me to have one to my home and one at office
Would love to hear a DTR1 one day in order to compare it to the Calyx M (with my Stellia)!

Jan 24, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #1,064 of 2,313
Just to add that prior to the light turning green, it is constant red; obviously with you being colour blind this may not fully help, but at least you know that there is a change of colour when it is fully charged :thumbsup:

Thank you sirs. I don't have the manual handy but how do one favorite a track. One of the features that I have yet to use. Haha.

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #1,065 of 2,313
Did anybody try to drive the DTR1 with a 600 ohms headphone and what volume level, if so, is listenable for you? Asking for my beyer T1.2 (somebody is offering a deal for the QLS QA361 and it's swaying me a bit with its drivability....although I certainly am fonder of the Dethonray form factor)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back