Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #871 of 2,316
I have noticed this too, but don't know the solution. Has Anson answered directly to your question?

I am currently transferring my CD collection to the DTR1 and have been blown away with the quality of the Dethonray/Final E5000 combination! The Finals continue to improve and are markedly different from when new. I listened to "Midnite Vultures" by Beck last night and was incredibly impressed with the level of detail, dynamism and depth of soundstage. I can only imagine how the DTR1 would perform with even more capable IEM's :-0

Nov 13, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #872 of 2,316
Anson told me that he was satisfied with the gap between two tracks. He did not say that he won't try to improve, but I doubt it is a top priority for the time being. I am bit disappointed, but I can live with it, my Calyx M being imperial in that matter.

With a perfect gapless playback, the DTR1 would be even more amazing.

Come on Anson, please make us this favour :)

Regarding the DTR1/E5000 combo, it is an amazing one, indeed. I am listening to both right now, rediscovering tracks I used to know since more than 20 years.

So-called more capable IEMs might not make a good combo with the DTR1. For example, Final B1 and Fearless S8F made a quite unsatisfying pairing with it. The Meze Penta Rai sounds thin and bright with the DTR1, although I spent little time with that combo. On the opposite, the "modest" Sony N3 (1DD, 1BA) sounds fantastic, with lots of details, clarity and powerful bass. The unique single BA tuning from the Fibae Black also benefits from DTR1 power and DAC implementation. Most of the time, less is more, even in the Audio world.

It is all about synergy...and personal tastes!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #873 of 2,316
Anson told me that he was satisfied with the gap between two tracks. He did not say that he won't try to improve, but I doubt it is a top priority for the time being. I am bit disappointed, but I can live with it, my Calyx M being imperial in that matter.

With a perfect gapless playback, the DTR1 would be even more amazing.

Come on Anson, please make us this favour :)

Regarding the DTR1/E5000 combo, it is an amazing one, indeed. I am listening to both right now, rediscovering tracks I used to know since more than 20 years.

So-called more capable IEMs might not make a good combo with the DTR1. For example, Final B1 and Fearless S8F made a quite unsatisfying pairing with it. The Meze Penta Rai sounds thin and bright with the DTR1, although I spent little time with that combo. On the opposite, the "modest" Sony N3 (1DD, 1BA) sounds fantastic, with lots of details, clarity and powerful bass. The unique single BA tuning from the Fibae Black also benefits from DTR1 power and DAC implementation. Most of time, less is more, even in the Audio world.

It is all about synergy...and personal tastes!

I absolutely agree that it's about synergy which equals more than the sum of its parts. I am certainly not even considering another pair of IEM's at the moment, as I am really enjoying this combination. The bass is beautiful (I play bass) and I never find it intrusive or overblown with the DTR1, simply accurate, tuneful and fast. Stereo imaging and effects can be jaw-dropping with the right track and similarly to you, I am rediscovering well-known music with a big smile. I even hear whispers/voices on Eric Clapton's 'Unplugged' album that I didn't know existed and that's a reasonably simply recorded concert :)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #874 of 2,316
I absolutely agree that it's about synergy which equals more than the sum of its parts. I am certainly not even considering another pair of IEM's at the moment, as I am really enjoying this combination. The bass is beautiful (I play bass) and I never find it intrusive or overblown with the DTR1, simply accurate, tuneful and fast. Stereo imaging and effects can be jaw-dropping with the right track and similarly to you, I am rediscovering well-known music with a big smile. I even hear whispers/voices on Eric Clapton's 'Unplugged' album that I didn't know existed and that's a reasonably simply recorded concert :)
With well-recorded tracks, this combo is bliss. Enjoy it!

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #876 of 2,316
About synergies and personal tastes ... I have concern to know if the Dtr1 will be a good combo with the Sendy Aiva, to avoid a bad experience, could you tell me what type of headphones the Dtr1 is aimed at? What I want to know is that headphones will benefit from the sound of Dtr1? the headphones that are weak in the Bass? Mid? Treble? :o2smile:

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #877 of 2,316
About synergies and personal tastes ... I have concern to know if the Dtr1 will be a good combo with the Sendy Aiva, to avoid a bad experience, could you tell me what type of headphones the Dtr1 is aimed at? What I want to know is that headphones will benefit from the sound of Dtr1? the headphones that are weak in the Bass? Mid? Treble? :o2smile:
In my opinion, a pretty bassy headphone and/or with rolled off or tamed highs will benefit from DTR1 technicalities.

Weakness in the bass and/or hot treble most likely won't make an ideal match with that dap.

DTR1 also won't add any "flesh" to the mids. If you have a headphone that shines with mids, the DTR1 will keep that, bringing maybe a bit more details into play.

LCD-X is a nice match, Final Sonorous VI not so much. These are my 2 full-sized headphones I tried with the DTR1

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #878 of 2,316
In my opinion, a pretty bassy headphone and/or with rolled off or tamed highs will benefit from DTR1 technicalities.

Weakness in the bass and/or hot treble most likely won't make an ideal match with that dap.

DTR1 also won't add any "flesh" to the mids. If you have a headphone that shines with mids, the DTR1 will keep that, bringing maybe a bit more details into play.

LCD-X is a nice match, Final Sonorous VI not so much. These are my 2 full-sized headphones I tried with the DTR1
Thank you! Hopefully Dtr1 make good synergy with the Neumann NDH20 or Shure 1840, these headphones seduce me more and more that I read what is said about them, unfortunately I can not prove them, I'm afraid I only have to take risks, but your contributions are useful to me, thanks again!!:ksc75smile:

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #879 of 2,316
Good news! Anson just told me that gapless will be implemented in a new FW within a few days.

Without saying too much, I don't think that the DTR1 will be the only DAP from Dethonray. There "might" be something coming out next year or in 2021... Exciting times ahead :)

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019 at 1:29 AM Post #880 of 2,316
Is it normal for the dtr1 to run hot at times? I have it playing for an hour and I have the official case on it and I attached it to my belt. After a whole I noticed my lap felt warm but the room I was in was ventilated. Idk I just wanna make sure I don't have a faulty unit

Nov 15, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #881 of 2,316
Is it normal for the dtr1 to run hot at times? I have it playing for an hour and I have the official case on it and I attached it to my belt. After a whole I noticed my lap felt warm but the room I was in was ventilated. Idk I just wanna make sure I don't have a faulty unit
Yes. It mostly become hot if you pause the music and let it stay turn on for long time. So if not listening any music shut it down and turn on again when you need.

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #882 of 2,316
Good news! Anson just told me that gapless will be implemented in a new FW within a few days.

Without saying too much, I don't think that the DTR1 will be the only DAP from Dethonray. There "might" be something coming out next year or in 2021... Exciting times ahead :)

Good news regarding the firmware update and intriguing development plans for the future. One of the first 'reviews' I read on the Dethonray mentioned that there was a future plan to compete 'head to head' with the so-called TOTL players both on sound quality and their additional features.
Interesting times ahead, but for me, more interesting right now :)

Nov 15, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #883 of 2,316

Mine can get quite warm, but not particularly hot. If it doesn't smell and only reaches a certain temperature, I would think it is fine and to be expected. Enjoy :)

Nov 15, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #885 of 2,316
Good news regarding the firmware update and intriguing development plans for the future. One of the first 'reviews' I read on the Dethonray mentioned that there was a future plan to compete 'head to head' with the so-called TOTL players both on sound quality and their additional features.
Interesting times ahead, but for me, more interesting right now :)
But if Dethonray takes out a TOTL like AK, Lotoo, Cayin, etc., it would lose the meaning and essence of Dtr1, that is, it would add features such as Android, Wi-Fi, MQA, Bluetooth, etc., and that would raise the price ... I wish that Get a new version of Dtr1 with a more updated DAC, better implementation in the AMP, that is, focused only on sound to continue with the legacy of Dtr1 at an affordable price ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back