1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jaykay1967, Jan 25, 2019.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64
Next

Last
  1. F700
    I am in "Slow roll-off". Always been, also with others DAP that allowed filters setting. Don't know why actually, because differences are more than subtle for me... I wouldn't be able to tell a difference I think.

High gain with E5000 is the way to go :)

Cat Music and celticprince like this.
  2. celticprince
    I am all for high gain :wink:

F700 likes this.
  3. F700
    The Fibae Black, 1 single BA (tuned by Custom Arts), let me go to approx. 45% on high gain... The E5000 opens up from 15% and asks for rest at 45%

celticprince likes this.
  4. F700
    Ok guys, FW 3.2 came this morning.

Guess what? Perfect gapless playback is implemented... Bravo Anson, you made it!!! You brought the DTR1 to the next level.

celticprince and Cat Music like this.
  5. PoetOfTheKill

Where? I'm on the site I see firmware download and I see only 3.1 at the top

Cat Music likes this.
  6. F700
    celticprince, golov17 and Cat Music like this.
  7. golov17
  8. celticprince
    Thanks to you both for the posting the firmware links :)

F700 likes this.
  9. celticprince
    I agree on the high gain levels with the E5000; they really do open up, sound fantastically powerful but with good detail too :)

F700 and Cat Music like this.
  10. dogtagkz
    Thank you for the firmware links peeps.

11. qafro
    How does Prelude DTR1 compare to TERA player in sound quality ?

12. F700
    I don't know anyone who still owns both to compare. But at TERA's price, even if it might sound better than DTR1, you are getting absolute zero features excepting WAV only playback. I don't think I could live with it anyway, it is too hardcore ahahaha

Cat Music and qafro like this.
  13. Raketen
    Screenless DAPs can be interesting. I really liked using Shozy Alien with small memory cards (battery RIP). Used to spend so much time just shuffling w/ a massive library, Alien helped get me back in the habit of listening to full albums and thinking about the music I would put together for it, then changing whenever that got stale. Though not sure that is worth TERA's price :no_good:

celticprince likes this.
  14. dogtagkz
    I still have my walnut v2s and I now use it as my sleeping dap. great way to not distract myself from falling asleep due to screen lights and playlist browsing. i just joined all the tracks that I want into one single file. easy peasy.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    celticprince and Cat Music like this.
  15. daorenmi
    Yeah! Better SQ at least is balance and nature, then is bright or warm, details and black background .....As a source, or we say DAP, DTR1 is great! the amazing power and a little warm, the sound is so nature. and the little box could combine with most of the IEMS and full size earphone. DEATH-RAY did a great job!

Virtu Fortuna and Cat Music like this.
First

Back
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
62 63 64
Next

Last