Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Nov 15, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #901 of 2,313
Yes, battery is pretty good, especially as I sometimes use high gain with the Final E5000's.

What "filter" do you guys use, or is it music dependent? I find myself coming back mostly to "Short delay sharp roll-off" and sometimes "Slow roll-off", but the differences are pretty subtle.
I am in "Slow roll-off". Always been, also with others DAP that allowed filters setting. Don't know why actually, because differences are more than subtle for me... I wouldn't be able to tell a difference I think.

High gain with E5000 is the way to go :)

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #903 of 2,313
I am all for high gain :wink:
The Fibae Black, 1 single BA (tuned by Custom Arts), let me go to approx. 45% on high gain... The E5000 opens up from 15% and asks for rest at 45%

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #904 of 2,313
Ok guys, FW 3.2 came this morning.

Guess what? Perfect gapless playback is implemented... Bravo Anson, you made it!!! You brought the DTR1 to the next level.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #905 of 2,313
Ok guys, FW 3.2 came this morning.

Guess what? Perfect gapless playback is implemented... Bravo Anson, you made it!!! You brought the DTR1 to the next level.

Where? I'm on the site I see firmware download and I see only 3.1 at the top

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #906 of 2,313
Nov 19, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #912 of 2,313
How does Prelude DTR1 compare to TERA player in sound quality ?
I don't know anyone who still owns both to compare. But at TERA's price, even if it might sound better than DTR1, you are getting absolute zero features excepting WAV only playback. I don't think I could live with it anyway, it is too hardcore ahahaha

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #913 of 2,313
I don't know anyone who still owns both to compare. But at TERA's price, even if it might sound better than DTR1, you are getting absolute zero features excepting WAV only playback. I don't think I could live with it anyway, it is too hardcore ahahaha

Screenless DAPs can be interesting. I really liked using Shozy Alien with small memory cards (battery RIP). Used to spend so much time just shuffling w/ a massive library, Alien helped get me back in the habit of listening to full albums and thinking about the music I would put together for it, then changing whenever that got stale. Though not sure that is worth TERA's price :no_good:

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #915 of 2,313
If some particular gear gives a better resolution, transparency, blacker background etc. etc., then it has a better SQ. But it might not be your choice, because the overall SQ doesn't mean you'll like it. Or it doesn't mean it will sound good for your headphones or earphones. Your personal taste is your final factor when choosing to buy something.
Yeah! Better SQ at least is balance and nature, then is bright or warm, details and black background .....As a source, or we say DAP, DTR1 is great! the amazing power and a little warm, the sound is so nature. and the little box could combine with most of the IEMS and full size earphone. DEATH-RAY did a great job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back