Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
Jan 10, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #2,101 of 2,316
Great read. It's king of overwhelming the comparison with WM1Z, it's not the first time I read the DTR1 can compete with the Sony.

Also I'm curious if you will review the Tender I. It seems it was tuned with the DTR1+ to get the best sound of it. It needs a lot of power too.

Thank you and I am always happy to help!!

Yep, I am working on a written review on Tender 1 too, and indeed it wats power like candy . The matching between Tender 1 and Dethonray Prelude is the best you can get from the Tender 1, they work really well together.

I am making a video too about Tender 1 + Prelude together :)

Jan 10, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #2,102 of 2,316
Just got a used DTR1+ sounds fantastic, one problem I'm running into, when I try to scan my 1TB sandisk card, it hits a point, screen goes blank, and it starts scanning the card back from the beginning. I have 2 slightly different 1TB sandisk cards, and it does that with both. My older 512 card scans no problem. I am on firmware 1.2. Any ideas? I'm almost thinking it's some random file that is on the 1 TB card, but not sure.

Jan 10, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #2,103 of 2,316
Just got a used DTR1+ sounds fantastic, one problem I'm running into, when I try to scan my 1TB sandisk card, it hits a point, screen goes blank, and it starts scanning the card back from the beginning. I have 2 slightly different 1TB sandisk cards, and it does that with both. My older 512 card scans no problem. I am on firmware 1.2. Any ideas? I'm almost thinking it's some random file that is on the 1 TB card, but not sure.
I met the same issue, Sandisk 1T. I asked Anson, and he told me the card file system was not stable, but the card could work on my computer. So I formatted it and everything was well. I am not familiar with computer, so I don't know why? :)

Jan 10, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #2,104 of 2,316
I met the same issue, Sandisk 1T. I asked Anson, and he told me the card file system was not stable, but the card could work on my computer. So I formatted it and everything was well. I am not familiar with computer, so I don't know why? :)
So you reformatted the card and it worked in the DTR? What format did you use? I think mine are EX-FAT

Jan 11, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #2,106 of 2,316
For all those old-times who love a simple portable music player with basic functions but a beautiful sound, Dethonray decided to go all in with their Prelude DTR1+ Music Player.

This is a minimalistic music player with all the basic functions, and the sound they managed to give to it is outstanding. To say that it sounds analogue-like would be an understatement, so if you're into warmer and clean sounding DAPs, it should be perfect for you!

I can't promise it will do all the things you dream of, but I can say for sure it plays music well. I include comparisons, pairings and details about the Prelude DTR1+ from Dethonray and my journey to using a simple yet beautiful sounding DAP in my full written review on a proper successor to QLS and other minimalistic DAP makers.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...de-dtr1-music-player-beautiful-music-box.html

Dethonray-Prelude-DTR1+-DTR-One-Plus-DAP-Music-Player-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-03.jpg
Great !! I don't have many DAPS, and I didn't believe DTR1+ would sound better than my WM1A at first,but I compared several DAP that are much expensive than DTR1, I decided to blind buy DTR1+. it is really excellent in SQ! Now my IEMS and headphone feel completely different from before!

Jan 12, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #2,107 of 2,316
Still having problems with DTR 1+ with my 1TB Sandisk card. When loading the card, it goes part way through, screen goes blank and it starts again from the beginning. I reformatted completely as BladeRose suggested, still doesn't work. This same card and one other like it work in my original DTR and several other devices. I am on firmware v1.2 Any ideas?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #2,109 of 2,316
Thank you and I am always happy to help!!

Yep, I am working on a written review on Tender 1 too, and indeed it wats power like candy . The matching between Tender 1 and Dethonray Prelude is the best you can get from the Tender 1, they work really well together.

I am making a video too about Tender 1 + Prelude together :)
Very nice webpage and reviews. I can‘t decide which player to buy. Lotoo PAW 6000 or Dethonray DTR1+

Jan 12, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #2,110 of 2,316
Very nice webpage and reviews. I can‘t decide which player to buy. Lotoo PAW 6000 or Dethonray DTR1+

Both are outstanding sonically, both are minimalistic function wise. Paw 6K has a few more features, sound is more analogue and warmer on DTR1+, different presentations. What are you planning to pair them with?

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #2,111 of 2,316
Both are outstanding sonically, both are minimalistic function wise. Paw 6K has a few more features, sound is more analogue and warmer on DTR1+, different presentations. What are you planning to pair them with?
I listen with my Grado GH2 and Sennheiser ie900. 👍 Mostly Metal 🤘🤘😉

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #2,112 of 2,316
For all those old-times who love a simple portable music player with basic functions but a beautiful sound, Dethonray decided to go all in with their Prelude DTR1+ Music Player.

This is a minimalistic music player with all the basic functions, and the sound they managed to give to it is outstanding. To say that it sounds analogue-like would be an understatement, so if you're into warmer and clean sounding DAPs, it should be perfect for you!

I can't promise it will do all the things you dream of, but I can say for sure it plays music well. I include comparisons, pairings and details about the Prelude DTR1+ from Dethonray and my journey to using a simple yet beautiful sounding DAP in my full written review on a proper successor to QLS and other minimalistic DAP makers.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2...de-dtr1-music-player-beautiful-music-box.html
Excellent write up.

Fully agreed with your review that DTR1+ puts 1Z to shame in term of power on 3.5M output.

To achieve the sweat spot listening during A/B based on Eagles Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane from Hell Freezes Over album and Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb and some of the tracks in The Wall. DTR1+ my preferred choice.

1Z modded version needs volume to be around 75% (90/120)- at times still need to crank up to almost 100.
DTR1+ just require 43% (32/70) on extra high gain setting- still plenty of left over.
Using IMR’s Semper, an IEM that I found loves power to excel.

Also in line with your sonic coverage across the spectrum for DTR1+. Just that 1Z has better height, darker background with a little holographic feel on certain tracks. Can’t recall what it’s SQ was like during the launching stage.

End of the day still boils down to individuals.
DTR1+ is about power, muscle (authoritative) and musical in a warm yet lively full body natural fashion without neglecting balance and details for a immersive session that could last for hours.
1Z is as natural sounding too with balance SQ as well but in a tuneful zen like musical manner due to its slightly overall leaner note to my ears and humble bass respond. Mellowness may be to some music lovers.

40FD6130-F61D-4DB8-AFD9-0E78DE50511D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #2,113 of 2,316
Excellent write up.

Fully agreed with your review that DTR1+ puts 1Z to shame in term of power on 3.5M output.

To achieve the sweat spot listening during A/B based on Eagles Hotel California and Life in the Fast Lane from Hell Freezes Over album and Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb and some of the tracks in The Wall. DTR1+ my preferred choice.

1Z modded version needs volume to be around 75% (90/120)- at times still need to crank up to almost 100.
DTR1+ just require 43% (32/70) on extra high gain setting- still plenty of left over.
Using IMR’s Semper, an IEM that I found loves power to excel.

Also in line with your sonic coverage across the spectrum for DTR1+. Just that 1Z has better height, darker background with a little holographic feel on certain tracks. Can’t recall what it’s SQ was like during the launching stage.

End of the day still boils down to individuals.
DTR1+ is about power, muscle (authoritative) and musical in a warm yet lively full body natural fashion without neglecting balance and details for a immersive session that could last for hours.
1Z is as natural sounding too with balance SQ as well but in a tuneful zen like musical manner due to its slightly overall leaner note to my ears and humble bass respond. Mellowness may be to some music lovers.

40FD6130-F61D-4DB8-AFD9-0E78DE50511D.jpeg
I totally agree with you! lol. The review from Dobrescu triggered our understanding of dtr1. Like a singer, Dtr1 series are full of emotion and enthusiasm and constantly promotes our feelings. Sony's products are like a steady singer, with accurate expression and less passion. It is not who is better, just a timbre and understanding of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back