Desperate. Need help. This is no joke!
Oct 3, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #35 of 46

Quote:
First off, I love you, FasterX.  A Whaler's fan!

Secondly,  thank you everyone for your help.  The time did actually pass, and I am now in possesion of my new Alessandro MS1i's.

And now, my impressions, and a mini-review.

They came in a Grado box.  Go figure.  I love Grado/Alessandro, because after you have the box and it's contents, you're never really sure if you've got the right headphones.  It doesn't say anywhere whether they're the MS1 or the MS1i.  You just have to trust them.

These are my replacement headphones for my lost/stolen Grado SR80i's.  The look exactly like the SR80i's in every single way, except for the lettering on the earpieces, and the missing little centre button.  They sound essentially like the SR80i's except for a couple of minor differences.  First off, they sound a bit "clearer".  I can pick out little things in songs that I couldn't with my SR80i's - and they were remarkable in that regard.  Voices are more distinct and refined - but just a little.  The high-highs are slightly easier to take - they're a tiny bit smoother, or rounded.  The lows seem about the same.  Very punchy and deep.  The soundstage is very good.  A lot of people slam Grados for having a tiny soundstage, but I disagree.  I listened to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, and the music was very "wide".  I closed my eyes and I felt like I had the best seats in the house at the symphony - say, row 15 centre.  They seem a little bit harder to drive than the SR80i's, but I might be imagining things.  I have a Luxman R-113 receiver with a built-in headphone amp which handles them with tremendous ease, but I have to go pretty close to full volume on my laptop.  But that's okay.  They sound far better off of the Luxman, and that's where I listen to 95% of my music.

And for you fellow Canadians out there, they were $99CA, no shipping, no duty, and no taxes.  I can't tell you why I didn't have to pay taxes.  Maybe because the package is labelled "from George Alessandro".  It doesn't look like a business at all.  Alessandro paid the shipping, which was $21US.  I paid something like $180 for my SR80is, and I like these better already, even before any burn-in time.  After taxes, the MS1i's are half-price.

They really are an incredible deal for incredible headphones.

How many days did they take to ship to CA? 

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #43 of 46

Quote:
^ That is completely stupid and as low as human can get. I wouldnt settle for less than 1 Wendy's Bacon cheese lovers burger and a McFlury from mcdonals. that's right, 2 places.

Specifically a double baconator and a rolo mcflurry

Oct 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #45 of 46
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back