Apr 8, 2010 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

lonereaction

100+ Head-Fier
Original post a few months ago:
Right now I have:

Phones: HD650, Livewires, (soon) JH16.
Amp: iqube
DAP: Clip+, Ipod classic.

I'm thinking of selling the iqube, and maybe the HD650s as well. Considering using the money to get a decent desktop amp.

Story:
My friend wanted to buy my HD650s for his girl, and I've already set a nice price for him. But it has been a week, and he still is undecided. I feel like I've been left hanging.

This has got me thinking of selling the iqube off as well. Does it make sense to buy a desktop amp if the only thing it may be powering are IEMs?
Since then, I've sold off the HD650 and iqube(v1) portable amp. Been listening to JH16s from my handphone (galaxy s) and desktop (logitech z5500 headphone out, connected to xfi xtreme gamer)..

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #4 of 7
Not if you get a much better source.  Why not a DAC/amp combo?

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 7
Wow, this thread still lives! Much time has passed since then. I've already sold off the HD650 and iqube. Been listening to the JH16s straight out of my handphone, or headphone out of my logitech z5500.

I'm still looking for a IEM suitable desktop dac cum amp. With portable dac/amps it feels like I'm paying for the small form factor, which I don't need. The Nuforce uDAC2 looks nice though. It's going for around 140USD where I live.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:

Listening to the uDAC2 now.. hmm. hmm.. good stuff!

etysmile.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back