Describing Sound - A Glossary
Feb 1, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #181 of 235
A Vibration of physical matter.

Hence to really feel it and know it you have to Move with it.

If the music you listen to does not make you feel like moving to it.

It's simply not very moving music :) .

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #185 of 235
Good morning,
I own Nokia e90 and the earbud that comes with it, the nokia HS-47. I like the sound of this combo. When I was trying out sony E series with a cheap sonicgear earbud, I immediately hated the way it sounded. But I need a proper words for the sound so that when I am planning to purchase a proper iem, I can make sure it doesn't sound such. When I listened to the sony and the sonicgear earbud, the music sounded like screeching! The sound was like having very high frequency and not pleasant to my ears. When I come back to my nokia combo, the music does not have that 'high frequency' and was much comfortable to listen to even for longer hours. What is the terms used for that sound?
Thank you in advance...

May 1, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #189 of 235
Many very nice words for describing what we hear as music from our systems. As we get older this Glossary of "Ours" keeps growing, and more opinionated ....

May 2, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #190 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9pintube /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many very nice words for describing what we hear as music from our systems. As we get older this Glossary of "Ours" keeps growing, and more opinionated ....

I try to verify definitions with other sources as much as possible to find common language across the audio hobby rather than too much head-fi specific language.

May 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #191 of 235
This is great. Since I was new to Head-Fi, this will be very useful to me. I had known some basic terms but not everything. I hope you add more if you discover or learn more terms. Thank You.

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #192 of 235
thank you so much, this will be of great help to me. cheers
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 25, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #194 of 235
This needs to be re-stickied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back