descending into helpless addiction with each purchase
Jul 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #61 of 69
^ you have serious issues with your caps-lock button..

Wanted to buy pk3 first, then i got a hearing aids
frown.gif
, then i looked into the pmx200, never bought it, looked further and ended up paying $250 on a beginner system..

Yup, i understand the 'sorry for your wallet' slogan now
rolleyes.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by miloxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ you have serious issues with your caps-lock button..

Wanted to buy pk3 first, then i got a hearing aids
frown.gif
, then i looked into the pmx200, never bought it, looked further and ended up paying $250 on a beginner system..

Yup, i understand the 'sorry for your wallet' slogan now
rolleyes.gif

sorry was just waking up forget to check the caps lock, hope i did not hurt your eyes hahahahahhahahahaha

Jul 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #63 of 69
WOW. Love all the responses. I hesitated even posting because I sounded a bit crazy and it wasn't really about one set of headphones in particular, but man am I glad I did, this really IS the support group. Whoever collected all the funny bits did an amazing job.

And I appreciate all of the advice people have offered. My original post was definitely a little sarcastic (although I do see the 20 headphones hanging in my "can closet" someday).

I think the main thing running through me was the "awakening". So many people run around with those crappy iBuds in their ears thinking that they are really HEARING their Kylie Minogue (sorry to all the Aussies
wink.gif
). I've always been a sucker for research and getting the best bang for my buck, but combine those two with the passion for music and technology and holy nellie, this site feeds everything.

I'm not seriously worried about bankrupting myself (at least not quickly) on uncontrollable impulses. I just know that I'm utterly hooked now that I can appreciate the different sound signatures of different headphones and can't wait to spend the next few years sampling as many as I can. Definitely interested in CanJam.

In the meantime, I'll resort to reading these forums to keep my trigger happy purchase finger from ruining me financially. You all say this place is the instigator, but I think being able to read other people's comparisons and impressions keeps me at bay just a little longer, deconstructing every word as I try to meld someone else's thoughts in with my own tastes to see if that pair of headphones is truly worth my hard-earned cash.

Speaking of, can someone please compare the SRH-840 to the ATH-M50!

Jul 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by auradud3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CUTE RESPONSE, I HAVE COME TO EXPECT THIS FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, BUT THE ANSWER IS THAT AFTER SO MANY YEARS IN THIS HOBBIE, I CAN PICK THE GOOD FROM THE BARELY PASSABLE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by auradud3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry was just waking up forget to check the caps lock, hope i did not hurt your eyes hahahahahhahahahaha

I see, now you got my joke
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif
EDIT: Change the caps as to shouting and eyes for ears. That way you'll understand the reason of my post. I don't have anything against your ears.

Jul 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see, now you got my joke
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif
EDIT: Change the caps as to shouting and eyes for ears. That way you'll understand the reason of my post. I don't have anything against your ears.

i did mate, hahahahan not fro australia, good movie however.

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grasshopper, One must remember...........the gear is fun, but the real enjoyment is in the music.

I was trying to keep that in mind as the FedEx guy dropped off another $1,900 of parts this morning. I'm almost there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #68 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grasshopper, One must remember...........the gear is fun, but the real enjoyment is in the music.

Total agreement. I love music first and foremost otherwise I wouldn't even be here.

BUT, when you love gear and technology, too, I don't think there's a greater obsession to pair with a passion for tunes.

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #69 of 69
Oh yeah this site is so addicting... I was researching a headphone for gaming and I spent a week reading everything that I can from this site...

I finally made a decision not to buy the headphone but now I am having a hard time resisting buying a new PSU, Xonar Essence, DT880 & DT770 (600 ohm) & Audio Compass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back