Denon HP700 vs Fischer FA-003 vs Fostex T50RP vs M50s
Dec 31, 2012 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Phayzon

New Head-Fier
Which one? I'm more into dubstep/EDM and would like clarity along with a deep, impactful bass.
Those 4 choices stump me.
I also do not have much modding experience/would rather not do it, so stock T50s here.

I have a budgt of around $130, maybe 150

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #5 of 8
Is this a continuation of that other thread of yours? lol

Like it was already mentioned, the T50RP isn't the greatest for bass-heavy music, and I've heard similar commentary of the Brainwavz hm5 (clones of the FA-003). You would probably be best off with either the Denons of the M50's. Though, there is also the M-audio Q40 which is supposed to be really great for bass, and is within your price range new.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Wow, you just talked about the cans I was just looking at, the Q40s sound good, but I see mixed reviews on amazon and such, but hear great reviews on head-fi, so right now I honestly don't know between Q40s vs HP700s vs M50s

Jan 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm listening to the Denons right now, I got them last week, and they've been very, very enjoyable. Very clean sound, clear, with a present bass, and great mids and highs. It's great for it's price. Search around the forums for the couple threads on them. I can say they're a great improvement over my XB500s, and I think they sound better, including the bass clarity, and not slightly overextended like the 500s. The Q40s are also a nice choice, and go on sale occasionally. Keep taking other's suggestions though, I'm not very experienced, especially in any high end gear. Take other's words higher than mine.

A warning on the HP700s though, they take a bit of breaking in to feel comfortable, for me at least. A couple days of discomfort, but by now my ears have adjusted and they're fairly comfortable for DJ phones. Here are velour pads you can buy that fit: http://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Headphones/Zomo-Headphones-Earpad-Set-Velour-S-for-Zomo-HD-1200.html (more colours: http://www.zomo.de/en/Products/Headphones/Earpad-Set-Velour-for-Sennheiser-headphone-HD-25.html )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back