Denon DCP-150 @ ebay - you guys were snoozing..:)
Nov 18, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by D555
Nice price! Looks pretty nice, too. Zzzzzzzzzz............

Paul

icon10.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #35 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
i also made a couple of times this mistake, stupid me..
frown.gif

but, rule nr 1.. do not...

tja, i don't think i would ever win this one. my bid is lower than the one you've won.

Well, last time we discussed this half were for and half against posting alerts. I really don't care either way. I just felt a tad guilty about winning the other one so thought I'd post this one...
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
DING!!!DING!!! Wake-up call!!
biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=3854188374

I'll be nice on this one...
biggrin.gif

There the
Quote:

verkaufe den Player als defekt

habe leider kein Netzteil mehr und kann die Funktionen nicht überprüfen

Which altavista translated to

In English:
sell the Player as defective unfortunately no more power pack has and can the functions not examine

Nov 18, 2004 at 8:14 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
There the

Which altavista translated to

In English:
sell the Player as defective unfortunately no more power pack has and can the functions not examine

Hmm...didn't notice that. Could be a good deal for one of the diy guys round here...
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #39 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I've seen broken DCP-150's such as this one sell as high as $150.

Ouch!!
eek.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #40 of 49
Well, she turned up today!!
biggrin.gif
(I'm assuming she's female
biggrin.gif
) This is one of my better ebay purchases as she's really immaculate. From the pics I thought there were some small scuffs, but it seems it was the lighting in the photograph. Anyways, I've now got it playing via the full monty's DAC via digital cable and it sounds superb. The difference between this little player and my fullsize Arcam is much less than you'd ever imagine. When combined with the AOS DAC it's even less. I'm blown away by what I'm hearing here. The inbuilt amp is actually sufficient to drive the Senn HD650s past my normal listening levels, which surprised me. The two levels of bass boost are pretty cool on some tracks, too, though you can only access that function when using the player's amp, of course. Just some initial impressions, but so far I'm a happy camper!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #41 of 49
Congrats on finally receiving your DCP-150, I could only imagine that it was a long wait for you. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the sonic qualities for the DCP-150. Everytime I get a chance to fire up my DCP-150, I'm still amazed at how great this little PCPD can sound. As I've mentioned before the DCP-150 comes very close to sounding like a fullsized CDP. Look foward to hearing more of your impressions, meanwhile sit back, relax, and enjoy the music from your latest score.

Nov 24, 2004 at 9:33 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Congrats on finally receiving your DCP-150, I could only imagine that it was a long wait for you. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the sonic qualities for the DCP-150. Everytime I get a chance to fire up my DCP-150, I'm still amazed at how great this little PCPD can sound. As I've mentioned before the DCP-150 comes very close to sounding like a fullsized CDP. Look foward to hearing more of your impressions, meanwhile sit back, relax, and enjoy the music from your latest score.

Thanks man! I'm actually pretty excited about this one! I honestly didn't expect it to be quite this good. I'm amazed! I can't say that I'm enjoying listening to it less, either, which is cool considering the price difference between this and the Arcam CD33t...
icon10.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
Well, she turned up today!!
biggrin.gif
(I'm assuming she's female
biggrin.gif
) This is one of my better ebay purchases as she's really immaculate. From the pics I thought there were some small scuffs, but it seems it was the lighting in the photograph. Anyways, I've now got it playing via the full monty's DAC via digital cable and it sounds superb. The difference between this little player and my fullsize Arcam is much less than you'd ever imagine. When combined with the AOS DAC it's even less. I'm blown away by what I'm hearing here. The inbuilt amp is actually sufficient to drive the Senn HD650s past my normal listening levels, which surprised me. The two levels of bass boost are pretty cool on some tracks, too, though you can only access that function when using the player's amp, of course. Just some initial impressions, but so far I'm a happy camper!
biggrin.gif

welcome to team lucKy owner of dcp150 buddy

Nov 24, 2004 at 11:00 PM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
welcome to team lucKy owner of dcp150 buddy

Thanks Boodi!! Yeah, I feel lucky..
biggrin.gif
BTW, check into the Euromeet thread!
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #45 of 49
I'm curious how it fares as a transport. Keep us updated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back