Denon DCP-150 @ ebay - you guys were snoozing..:)
Nov 16, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 49
Nice one ipodstudio. I suppose you still have the vintage bug. Enjoy!

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
Nice one ipodstudio. I suppose you still have the vintage bug. Enjoy!

Nah, not really. I just wanted a good portable CD player to use and these seem to be the best out there. I'm going to use on my home desk, right by the computer, where I currently have my Arcam setup.

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
LOL! Yeah, no probs. A short review will follow.

Now, one question: has anyone ever had a Denon DCP-150 modded?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not that I know of, what kinds of mods are you think about?

Nov 16, 2004 at 6:57 PM Post #19 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Not that I know of, what kinds of mods are you think about?

None specifically until I've heard the player. I just wondered if anyone else had owned one & modded it during ownership.

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
LOL! I finally got my Denon DCP-150 for a reasonable price!! I thought someone here would give me some competition, for sure, but nothing:
biggrin.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3851715651

Here she is:

26_3.JPG

LOL! Yeah, I'm gloating, I'm sorry...hehe
600smile.gif

man i was looking the end of the auction too
wink.gif

happy to see this fellow got this unit
wink.gif

it's spectacular

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #21 of 49
The only mod I'm aware of is swaping out the old batteries case and put in a 2x2-AA (4)batteries case so the denon can run with regular AA batteries making it slightly more portable. I'v done it with my dcp-100 but the radioshack case I used is not quite the right size so I don't realy want to mod it with my dcp-150 I'm keeping mine 100% original.

Here picture from YANG tread with the dcp-100

attachment.php

edit:Here the tread on Yang dcp-150 unfortunaly all the picture are death.

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:14 PM Post #22 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
man i was looking the end of the auction too
wink.gif

happy to see this fellow got this unit
wink.gif

it's spectacular

LOL! Thanks Boodi! I'm looking forward to this one..
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #23 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanT
The only mod I'm aware of is swaping out the old batteries case and put in a 2x2-AA (4)batteries case so the denon can run with regular AA batteries making it slightly more portable. I'v done it with my dcp-100 but the radioshack case I used is not quite the right size so I don't realy want to mod it with my dcp-150 I'm keeping mine 100% original.

Here picture from YANG tread with the dcp-100

attachment.php

That's interesting, thanks DanT!!

Nov 16, 2004 at 8:06 PM Post #24 of 49
I currently own that DCP-100 in the pics with the battery mods. As far as the modding the DCP-150, IMO my DCP-150 sounds just great as is and I don't want to change it's sonic signature. That's not to say that it can't be further improved with a few mods, I'd be interested in whatever mods you decide to perform.

Nov 16, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
I currently own that DCP-100 in the pics with the battery mods. As far as the modding the DCP-150, IMO my DCP-150 sounds just great as is and I don't want to change it's sonic signature. That's not to say that it can't be further improved with a few mods, I'd be interested in whatever mods you decide to perform.

No probs, I'll keep you informed. I'm gonna listen to it for a while and get used to it and then talk to some of the diy guys and see what they say "could" be done. It's just a whimsical thought until I've actually heard it. It might be just perfect to my ears right out of the box...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 6:52 AM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
hmm, i think 88 euro is a reasonable price. the last denon dcp-150 went for 113 euro, in box and i think in better condition.
but 140 euro is a better price than 300 euro.

Well, I would have happily gone higher. The US ones have been selling for up to $430 and the fact of the matter is, on secondhand equipment like this, the market value is not what we would like it to be, but whatever ebay will sustain.
To me, at this point in time, $179 US for that player was and is a steal...
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 8:51 AM Post #29 of 49
if you compare it to the US ebay/prices than i certainly agree. but these days the pcdp market has come to lower/normal prices. eg, the last 3 d777's went for 20-25 euro. d303 = 30 euro, dcp-100 = 30 euro, my silver d311 = 50 euro.
my last philips az6819 = 25 euro.
i'll agree, you'll always have to pay more for the denon dcp-150 and d555.
i do think, also these pcpd's prices will lower. unfortunate not 30 euro
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19lexicon78
if you compare it to the US ebay/prices than i certainly agree. but these days the pcdp market has come to lower/normal prices. eg, the last 3 d777's went for 20-25 euro. d303 = 30 euro, dcp-100 = 30 euro, my silver d311 = 50 euro.
my last philips az6819 = 25 euro.
i'll agree, you'll always have to pay more for the denon dcp-150 and d555.
i do think, also these pcpd's prices will lower. unfortunate not 30 euro
wink.gif

Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't been following the pcdp prices until now and then really only the Denons.
I must say, I quite enjoy buying off ebay when I get the chance. Much more fun than going to a shop...
biggrin.gif

Well, paid for the Denon this morning so now it's just to wait for UPS to get it to me. I'll keep ya posted.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back