Denon DCP-150: ebay Buy it now $429
Nov 5, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #167 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
rats i got outbid.

thats my threshold. no mas

Wow, that seems to be a pretty persistive e-Bayer. I guess he's not a head-fier though.

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #168 of 217
Wait a minute. That bidder seems to be from China. I can't read any of his feedback.

And China is not one of the countries my auction lists as one that I'd ship to... hmmm...

Nov 5, 2004 at 9:52 PM Post #169 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by LamerDeluxe (tm)
Wait a minute. That bidder seems to be from China. I can't read any of his feedback.

And China is not one of the countries my auction lists as one that I'd ship to... hmmm...

Better drop that bidder an email to make sure he understands this.

Nov 5, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #170 of 217
Yes, it would seem like a good idea to contact him, if only to find out if he speaks English at all. (possibly not as he seems to have ignored the listed 'will ship to' countries)

Are there known fraudulent problems with Chinese bidders?

I wonder how safe it would be to sent something valuable to China. My wife was born in Indonesia and valuable things sent there by mail have a good chance of being stolen somewhere along the way.

Nov 6, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #171 of 217
I've never dealt with any Ebayers from China so I can't comment whether there's a high risk or not. I would however try and contact the him and explain that you don't ship to China. If he's the winner and insists that you ship it to him in China, inform him you will only do so if he's willing to pay for insurance on the package and possibly having the DCP-150 shipped by registered mail. That way with insurance you can file a claim if the package gets lost and with registered mail you will receive delivery confirmation when package has been delivered and signed for by the receiver.

Nov 6, 2004 at 1:03 AM Post #172 of 217
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. I've already sent him a message, so I'll see if I will get a reply.

I wonder what would happen though if he didn't reply at all and somehow ended up being the winning bidder. That would be a bit awkward. I suppose eBay has solutions for bidders winning auctions they're not supposed to be bidding on.

Nov 6, 2004 at 1:24 AM Post #173 of 217
I believe you as the seller of the item have the option on Ebay to cancel any bids in your auction. If the bidder doesn't get back to you say by late Saturday, I'd send him another email informing him that if you don't get a response from him by Sunday before your auction ends his bid will be canceled.

Nov 6, 2004 at 11:23 AM Post #174 of 217
Well, I've already cancelled his bids just now. I didn't get a response yet, but he should have asked if he could bid anyway, as he was in an unlisted 'ship to' country. That's what I always do.

He could bid again after asking me if he may do so. Can't seem to find a way to contact him now, otherwise I would have explained that to him.

Well, spwal is the high bidder again at the moment
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #175 of 217
if the bidder was ebayid "airball...", then he is totally cool, easy to deal with...

sean

Nov 7, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #176 of 217
No, the bidder's ID was 'bxku', with a feedback of only 2, both in Chinese. I haven't had any response from him upto now.

I see you have been outbid already again. Just one more day to go...

Nov 7, 2004 at 2:21 PM Post #177 of 217
i dont want one that badly, i just bid knowing i would get out bid.

I had one, and it was wonderful. This thread actually began, many months ago, as a thread about my Denon DCP 150.

The DCP 150 is excellent, as are a couple other vintage models i have owned.

Luckily I was able to get a first generation PDVDP from sony called the PDB V30. It has a massive VCR battery and is built like a tank. I am very please with the sound quality, reminds me of the vintages, through both the line and the headjack. Here's the kicker, i was able to use it to watch a dvd in my home theater last night, didnt look half bad lol.

Anyway, im sure this DCP 150 wil sell for a good price, as rightly it should.

Good Luck,

Sean

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #178 of 217
Thank you for bidding
smily_headphones1.gif

I've seen that portable DVD player on eBay a couple of times. It looks really cool. With that large battery it probably has enough power to generate some good audio.

I made a bit of a mistake with the starting date of my auction, I wanted it to end on Sunday, but apparently miscalculated, so now it ends on Monday afternoon. Oh well
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #179 of 217
Only two and a half hours left to go...

Pretty exciting. I'm looking forward to finding out how high the final bid will be and who the winning bidder will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back