Denon DCP-150: ebay Buy it now $429
Jul 19, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #138 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
It's not cool the seller ended an auction early because he wasn't getting the kind of prices he was looking for.

Whole heartedly agreed, or a seller yanking an auction early to seal a behind the scenes deal.

Jul 19, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #139 of 217
..i've seen it happening lot of times for collectible items
I'm not surprised as you..

still enjoying - a lot - my current rig
dcp150 --jenving Ic--rudistor rp5--sennstock cable into HD650
this player sounds gooood

it's not harsh , it's not bass lacking , it's not mid recessed , it's detailed too ...this player shows a near to umbelievable balance to be a portable unit and not a full size ,to my ears

Nov 3, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #143 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnolia
These are old and secondhand.
Normally they would not go over 15-20 USD.
Only this forum is having a social phenomenon of a hype.
And you all are bidding on the same items...

as i was taught on my first day, this is considered a "troll," not a "lurk," right?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #144 of 217
Quote:

What are you worried about? Are you or were you actually planning on bidding for the item? If not, ****.

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:42 AM Post #145 of 217
Quote:

a troll indid ..

shut up pls Magnolia .. before this turn in flames and is locked..

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #147 of 217
It's quite simple
You talk without reading , without knowing what's the talk about , without thinking what you are doing indid .

If you don't want to be realized out as a troll ( low post count + troll post) just get around a bitbefore chatting to have at least an idea of what you're talking about , and where you're posting on .

in this forum there are hundreds if not thousands of posts talking about hi-fi about pdcp about vintage pdcp about people who's passed a time in discovering the best sounding units and posting about.

You seem to enter here and post the first thing that passes in your mind without reading , without knowing , just for doing it .

This is quite well known as behavior and referred as troll...

Nov 3, 2004 at 2:23 PM Post #148 of 217
Quote:

These are well know units here.
this in particular is among the 3-4 best sounding (vintage) pdcp who have been ever produced - if not the best- and there's quite a movement around it when one is spotted on ebay.

I've never seen one go for around 15-20 USD
sure they don't go normally around 15-20 USD

generally speaking , an hifi forum have an hype for sure around some hifi related -this to the eye of the non interested person who eventually step on the hifi forum- as an "x" forum have an hype for sure around the "x" argument/gears -again , this on the eye of the casual host...
so there's no reason to point out it from the part of the non casual registered member, since you've registered from quite a time
tell me if I am wrong

and about the bidding , more then a time I pmd fellows here to not go on the same bid togheter with good results

I'm doing the troll job probably but
rolleyes.gif
let's go on
so..what are you argumenting about?
If I've missed the point and if you want to explain ...

Nov 3, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #149 of 217
well,

i think magnolia has a point.

the price paid for vintage pcdp's is too high, especially a year ago.
I see the same thing happen with walkmans. sometimes a specific unit goes for 400 usd and sometimes the same unit goes for 40 usd. because of a hype you pay a very huge premium.

If you think rational, i think 40 USD would be a nice value for the dcp-150.
Because we are pcdp collectors and wanting the best and rarest units produced, we pay too much.

yes, it's a disease.. i can't help it..
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #150 of 217
Wait - people pay alot for old walkmans? I have one at home I can take pics of if that's the case - back in the 80's an exchange student from Japan got it for me, it's all black metal and the size is smaller than a cassette case even lol. No radio, I still have the battery extension pack for it and the original remote and buds, etc - even the old battery which i dont think works anymore. hmm have the charger for it too, and the original bag. everything looks in good order, not sure why i stopped using it. oh, it's a recording walkman too. hmm, and a Tigger sticker on the inside of the lid lol.

you think that's worth something? it's back in my folks place, which i happen to be visiting this weekend. i can go pick it up if it's of any value i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back