Denon DCP-150: ebay Buy it now $429
Jan 22, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 217
Way overpriced if you ask me. Sold by a Head-Fier probably to another Head-Fier due to hype. Only worth it if a small size unit is a must, as its not exactly portable.

Jan 22, 2004 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 217
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
Way overpriced if you ask me. Sold by a Head-Fier probably to another Head-Fier due to hype. Only worth it if a small size unit is a must, as its not exactly portable.

I agree, that was way too much for a portable player. This, on the hand, was a steal in my opinion....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Jan 22, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #6 of 217
Relax guys,

I feel bad selling it. In fact i have seller remorse. I just think i'm better suited to have a non portable headphone amp.

frown.gif

Dont gotta be so hard on me. I dont know if you have one yourself, but this DCP 150 has changed the way I have looked at and listened to music and this is just with the DCP Xin Micro and Grado SR 225s

So please, the Denon DCP 150 is worth every penny and if i could buy one i would!

Jan 22, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #7 of 217
Quote:

Originally posted by spwal
Relax guys,

I feel bad selling it. In fact i have seller remorse.

So please, the Denon DCP 150 is worth every penny and if i could buy one i would!

confused.gif

Jan 23, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #8 of 217
The Denon DCP-150 like any other player is worth what people pay for it. I paid $50 for mine, someone else paid $400+ for theirs. I'm happy, they're happy. If you wouldn't pay that much, then good for you. You didn't pay it. If you did and it's worth it to you, then congrats!

There does seem to be a Denon hype, but it's not that big...after all...the various Sony vintages get more attention. It took me a while to realize that the DCP-150 was actually a good player. I only found it after looking for an old Sony.

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #9 of 217
It's not like a DCP-150 appears on Ebay often much less even in the buy/sell forum. So may be it is worth that much to the buyer or seller because it is very hard to find. I have seen only one other DCP-150 on Ebay besides this one in the last 6 months and that one wasn't working, still it commanded $113+. As for the D-J50 I have seen 3 other ones on Ebay besides the mentioned here in this thread in the last 6 months. All of the previous ones sold for $250+. I can understand $400+ would be overpriced for a DCP-150 if they appear on Ebay very often but the fact is they don't show up often.

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #10 of 217
Quote:

Originally posted by Oddball
The Denon DCP-150 like any other player is worth what people pay for it. I paid $50 for mine, someone else paid $400+ for theirs. I'm happy, they're happy. If you wouldn't pay that much, then good for you. You didn't pay it. If you did and it's worth it to you, then congrats!

There does seem to be a Denon hype, but it's not that big...after all...the various Sony vintages get more attention. It took me a while to realize that the DCP-150 was actually a good player. I only found it after looking for an old Sony.

Out of cursiosity, how much does it smoke your D-465?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2004 at 1:49 AM Post #11 of 217
Don't get me wrong, I am all for pricing to what the market demands. Apparently, there was interest in this player for the price it sold for and good for the seller. I have bought quite a few players and have seen most of the activity on ebay for vintage discmen in the last 8 months or so. Based on my experience, 400+ is too much to pay for this player. I think if the auction would have seen some bidding acivity instead of ending with the buy it now, chances are it would have sold for less than 300.

Jan 23, 2004 at 2:08 AM Post #12 of 217
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Out of cursiosity, how much does it smoke your D-465?
smily_headphones1.gif

....there's no comparison whatsoever. I haven't really sat down and compared them and I don't have very hi-fi headphones, but the difference is still huge out of the headphone out. Someday I might actually sit down and write something about them. The D-465 is a decent, nice sounding player that's actually portable unlike the Denon. The DCP-150 is a nice, compact solution to having a full size cdp and an amp. Yes, a full size cd player and a good amplifier would sound better, but as a student, I'm low on space (and cash). Let's just say that with the Denon and with treble and bass boost, my Eggos sound great for rock. Nice tight bass and in non-audiophile terms, alive. I know I'm practically begging for a member of Team Grado to chime in here, but I KNOW! The Eggos aren't rock phones, but the DCP-150 makes them decent ones. Freaky.

The weird thing about it all is that I paid $20 more for the D-465.
eek.gif

Oh right, in response to the first post which has gone unanswered:
1) Yes it can drive the Sennheisers (unless I'm quite mistaken, it has a relatively powerful headphone out).
2) I paid $50. I would pay up to $150, honestly. But no more than that.

Jan 23, 2004 at 5:31 AM Post #13 of 217
I've never heard of the DCP-150 myself, but Hirsch mentioned that this unit is slightly superior sounding to my beloved D-303. I personally would not pay that high, but for some, it all worth it. BTW, that is the highest price commanded by any vintage PCDP in 2 years!!!

Jan 23, 2004 at 10:34 PM Post #14 of 217
Im glad to see that this post is getting the attention I hoped it would.

I know this sold high, first of all, but man, I would pay as much. I am willing to pay $$ for a good item and it's still cheaper then a home reciever/ amp, and CD player.

When I sold it i intended it to be a record breaker on the upside, i.e what is the market willing to bear..

This is an anomaly and not a new trend. Last time i tried to sell it the high bids were in this ball park.

There's alot of lollygagging in this thread, general scoffing at the price, but this is the crown jewel in any collection.

Dare i say, this discman went for too little...

after all :
confused.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

stranger things have happened....

oh btw purk, i would have gladly let you borrow the dcp 150 if you asked, alas it is too late.

I will satisfy myself with the terrific sounding DCP 50, if it doesnt sell

I know you all have your theories on that palyer too, but truth is, the DCP 50 kicks serious butt.

Try to buy one if you can, because in a blind listening test, it isnt all that different from the DCP 150.

And the next time a DCP 150 comes up, if it comes up, please dont bid on it, i want to win it for $150

Thanks,

Sean
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #15 of 217
Quote:

Originally posted by spwal
Dont gotta be so hard on me. I dont know if you have one yourself, but this DCP 150 has changed the way I have looked at and listened to music and this is just with the DCP Xin Micro and Grado SR 225s

spwal, you don't have to justify why it sold for such a high price. obviously there were people willing to pay and that's what e-bay is all about.

Anyone else would have sold to the highest bidder as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back