Denon DCP-150: ebay Buy it now $429
Dec 21, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #211 of 217
nice. wow, i must say im intrigued. this is a dumb question that im sure that i can find the answer to, but i didnt even know you could put lossless files on in ipod. gee, now i feel like the last person on earth to know bout this. I dont recal my gfs ipod mini having a nice line out, and the sound quality of her itunes downloads were nothing short of horrific.

I have ALOT - almost 100 gb - of losses flac and shn.... do you mean to say i can now put these on one of the larger capacity ipods? and how long would it take to , say, transfer 3gb?? hours, minutes?

thanks. my love for the ipod , well it was neve love anyway, stopped along time ago. I may give it a chance, as i learn more.

again, thanks for the clear mini review.

sean

Dec 21, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #212 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
nice. wow, i must say im intrigued. this is a dumb question that im sure that i can find the answer to, but i didnt even know you could put lossless files on in ipod. gee, now i feel like the last person on earth to know bout this. I dont recal my gfs ipod mini having a nice line out, and the sound quality of her itunes downloads were nothing short of horrific.

I have ALOT - almost 100 gb - of losses flac and shn.... do you mean to say i can now put these on one of the larger capacity ipods? and how long would it take to , say, transfer 3gb?? hours, minutes?

thanks. my love for the ipod , well it was neve love anyway, stopped along time ago. I may give it a chance, as i learn more.

again, thanks for the clear mini review.

sean

Here's a url for a little app to perform batch transcoding of shn to flac...

http://shnutils.freeshell.org/shntool/

I believe this post is correct:

"... flac can write aiff files (flac -d --force-aiff-format <file.flac>). since aiff has his own tag standard it should be possible to decode to aiff files while keeping the tag informations. i haven't tested it but it should generally be possible to keep the tag informations. then you can easily import the aiff's in iTunes and compress as apple lossless (with tags)."

Also, this:

"... you can transcode between any lossless codec without loosing audio quality. The only possible loss is the file tags."

With a USB 2.0 connection (PC) or any FireWire (EEE 1394-1995, IEEE 1394a-2000, and IEEE 1394b standards) connection will move several GBs in a matter of minutes... I've transferred <3GB in around
7 minutes or so using Firewire from my 4G iPod to my Macs- slightly longer to my PC using USB 2.0... I ONLY use Apple Lossless, and find it gives me what I want from a portable digital source... any less than Apple Lossless, and I can hear the quality deteriorate fast through the 4G/5G iPod's neutral, revealing Wolfson DAC...
wink.gif

Good luck, sean!
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #213 of 217
id like to see how it matches up to the DCP 150 for myslef.

the dcp 150 will always be top dawg to me. i cant believe you;re giving it to your daughter!!!

its far too valuable for heavy play....
blink.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #214 of 217
Quote:

Originally Posted by spwal
id like to see how it matches up to the DCP 150 for myslef.

the dcp 150 will always be top dawg to me. i cant believe you;re giving it to your daughter!!!

its far too valuable for heavy play....
blink.gif

She's a careful girl... and listens to maybe one CD a day... while doing her homework!...
icon10.gif

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #215 of 217
hey folks...

latest sightings of an old favorite. I have seen this site undergo changes in member preference over the past years....hope yall havent forgotten about the legendary dcp 150!

so what's the word on the street?

Aug 10, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #217 of 217
good to hear from you too.. glad you are sticking with this legendary discman..

impressive that they command such high prices still on ebay. great to know, thank you!

spwal
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back