DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
Dec 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #229 of 353

Thanks for respond . Do you still like Denon DA-10 ?

I do as a DAC/AMP, not quiet as an amp alone due to the volume and gain issue.

However when I have my laptop/tablet on the go I take Denon DA-10 with me as it is light to carry and sound good to me. Sadly the gain is little too much at low however once you know what gear to use with it honestly it is a good sound device.

However perhaps it is wise to wait as there are many newly release competition to Denon and as a consumer just wait and see which one is bound to out do the other. With time Denon DA-10 should reach the 30,000 Yen which in my view is a steal. However it lacks certain functionality that its current competitors have and therefore might not make it a steal for those who need those features (eg balance connection).

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #230 of 353
  I do as a DAC/AMP, not quiet as an amp alone due to the volume and gain issue.

However when I have my laptop/tablet on the go I take Denon DA-10 with me as it is light to carry and sound good to me. Sadly the gain is little too much at low however once you know what gear to use with it honestly it is a good sound device.

However perhaps it is wise to wait as there are many newly release competition to Denon and as a consumer just wait and see which one is bound to out do the other. With time Denon DA-10 should reach the 30,000 Yen which in my view is a steal. However it lacks certain functionality that its current competitors have and therefore might not make it a steal for those who need those features (each balance connection).

Well said.  (Y)  Hey, does the micro-USB drop out when you tilt the unit while playing?  Mine does....

I really liked the DA-300usb and was hoping the DA-10 would be a portable version of it.  I guess I'll see what the next version would bring.  :)

Sony is a good example.  PHA-1 was so so... PHA-2 got better, PHA-3 they are getting serious.  Perhaps PHA-4 would be killer.  :)

Dec 31, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #233 of 353

Well said.  (Y)  Hey, does the micro-USB drop out when you tilt the unit while playing?  Mine does....

I really liked the DA-300usb and was hoping the DA-10 would be a portable version of it.  I guess I'll see what the next version would bring.  :)

Sony is a good example.  PHA-1 was so so... PHA-2 got better, PHA-3 they are getting serious.  Perhaps PHA-4 would be killer.  :)

No drop out on my unit , my volume imbalance is very small also and the gain is ok with my ASG-2 although it is very close and if the imbalance was slightly higher it would be a problem
Clearly the output from the DA-10 line is inconsistent I have read reports from Japan of varying degrees of volume imbalance from unit to unit and some problems with bad solder joints on the caps
While I am very happy with my unit and enjoy the sound very much it is a bit hard to recommend on the grounds you may get a good one
Don't know why low gain seems to be too hard for many manufacturers when it comes to sensitive iems
My Woo WA7 handles everything perfectly via its 1/8th and 1/4 jacks and it doesn't have a gain switch

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #234 of 353
I have a strange thing appearing on screen when using my iPhone Onkyo HF Player app with this Denon DA-10 and 24/96 FLAC files... On the upper left side of the screen, it's written "PCM 48kHz", what does it mean? Is my file downsampled to 48kHz?

I plug the Denon DA-10 using the lightning adapter provided with the DAC/amp on my iPhone6+.
When playing 24/44, 24/48 or 24/88 FLAC files, I have just "PCM". Whenever I play a 24/96 FLAC file, I have "PCM 48kHz".

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #235 of 353
Hello,

I don't know if you have figure out the way to connect A15 to external DAC like DA-10 or not. I've found the way to and would like to share with you all.

I own a ZX1 and have successfully connect my ZX1 to mini USB port of DA-10 through a WMC-NWH10 cable. The sound comes from DA-10 which proved it runs as an external DAC for ZX1. By following my instruction others who owned an A15,16 have tried this way and it did works.

1. You need to prepare the following items:
a. WMC-NWH10 cable
b. USB HUB with external power supply(most important)

2. Be sure the power is properly supplied to USB HUB

3. Turn off A15, Connect A15 to the data input port of USB HUB(which supposed to connect with computer) through WMC-NWH10.

4. Connect DA-10 USB DAC input port to any port of the USB HUB, then turn on the power of DA-10.

5. Turn the A15 on.

Now the A15 should be able to detect DA-10, and only worked as digital data source. The sound should now come form DA-10.

Enjoy

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #236 of 353
iozz,
I believe when connecting using a simple lightning to use connector you are limited in the signal that the DAC can receive. You need to connect with the apple camera connection kit to get a signal into the micro USB port (that they list for USB-DAC) to get the full res signal.
Hope that helps.

Jan 25, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #238 of 353
No problem. That's the one!

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #239 of 353
Silly question, but is there a DAC/amp able to read HD files from an iPhone without having to go though the Camera Connection Kit?
I really like the sound of this Denon DA10, but I'd like to have something portable, and adding the CCK + USB cable, it's not particularly handy.

Jan 26, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #240 of 353
Hello everyone~

I got a hd650~~Plan to buy one of them  (micro idsd or da-10)

Any suggestions for me?  
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back