DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP
Nov 30, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #196 of 353
  The Da10 did a reasonable job with the HE500 , lack of power showed a little in the bass but it was satisfactory
From my experiments I think the Da10 pairs best with easily driven phones with a signature leaning towards the dark side 

Thanks for the response,I see the HE500 has about the same specs as the HE400i so I suppose I could expect similar results.

Any HP you would recommend? I have thought about the NAD HP50 or maybe the Philips Fidelio X2.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #197 of 353

Any HP you would recommend? I have thought about the NAD HP50 or maybe the Philips Fidelio X2.

From the full size headphones I have tried the best was the Senn HD650 and the worst the Alessandro MS2i
I bought the DA10 for use with iems and I think that is what it is best at
The shure SE215 is a good match for example and if you want the same synergy with better quality I can recommend the Audio Technica AT-IM70 or if you really want to go upmarket the Aurisonics ASG-2 (discontinued) is excellent
I think the DA10 has quite a distinct signature it's part of what makes it special but it means it will not match well with some phones and be spectacular with others
Only way to be sure is to take it to the store and try as many cans as you can

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #199 of 353
Is it me or is this unit winning point is its amp/dac working combined, amp alone not quiet there.

I think you are right , for me the amp alone is ok but nothing special it has clearly been designed to complement the dac section
I think the twin AL32 chips make it really stand out from the increasingly large crowd of dac/amps on the market

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #200 of 353
I very like Denon DA-10. As someone mentioned sooner it is natural/a bit warm sound which I prefer. Very easy to listen. I tried DA-10 with B&W P7, Thinksound On1, Hifiman HE-400i, AKG K550, UE4Pro (which aren't on photo).

Sorry for quality of this photo was taken with ip4...

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #201 of 353
Hi,
I can not find Windows driver for DA-10 USB dac. On the CD included in the box there's only manual but no driver. On the Denon website the same situation... Where did you get the driver from ?

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #202 of 353
Hi,
I can not find Windows driver for DA-10 USB dac. On the CD included in the box there's only manual but no driver. On the Denon website the same situation... Where did you get the driver from ?

Had the same problem. But you just need to download the USB driver associated with the DA-300. Works flawlessly :)

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #206 of 353
  at 4 times the cost of Fiio DAC/AMP, does the Denon sound 4 times better?

Hard to quantify 4X better but the Fiio doesn't do idevices or upsampling
HeadFi stuff doesn't really work in a cost benefit multiple kind of way HD800 aren't 4X as good as HD650
It's about finding gear that does what you want and works with other gear
Oh and if know one has already , welcome to HeadFi and sorry about you're wallet

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #207 of 353

Hard to quantify 4X better but the Fiio doesn't do idevices or upsampling
HeadFi stuff doesn't really work in a cost benefit multiple kind of way HD800 aren't 4X as good as HD650
It's about finding gear that does what you want and works with other gear
Oh and if know one has already , welcome to HeadFi and sorry about you're wallet

I been refreshing amazon.com everyday for a price drop lol, it's still $399 atm.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #208 of 353
  I been refreshing amazon.com everyday for a price drop lol, it's still $399 atm.

a price drop will at most drop it down to $299? that's too much!

I'm waiting for a price mistake of maybe $149? :D :D :D  

Although rare, it does happen.   Last year, I bought a $1000 generator for only $180 because of Amazon.com's price mistake.   I bought two, actually.  The problem with buying portable generators is that if you buy one, the power in you neighborhood will not go out.  (just like 5 years ago after a big snowstorm.... I went out and bought a $1250 snowblower with self-propelled wheels.... my town has not seen more than 1 inch of snow since then... I think they have me to thank?  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back