Denon D7100?!
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #1,816 of 1,920
It is tough job ahead of you. He is like a little child. No matter what you say his post has to be the last one and on top repeating over and over again same subjective opinions like a broken record and like it would be a truth of all truths.

One would think that if this is his opinion he would state it once, not 100 times as it looks a bit unhealthy, but maybe it is just me.

If you would read the thread you would notice same posts repeating every few other posts... does not matter that everybody read them 100+ already they will keep going. Quite funny after a while and bit sad as well.

I'm trying to help novice buyers not make a $1000 mistake buying these headphones. If you'll look at previous posts in this thread, many people bought D7100s and regretted it, fortunately most were able to return them for a refund.

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #1,817 of 1,920
Quote:
The Beats Pros measure much better than the D7100s, according to that graph. Look at the lower THD numbers. What's your point?
rolleyes.gif

The TH-600s are $850 through PriceJapan.com

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_good_info.php?code=1167&category=10
There are $300 headphones that blow the D7100s away, even the lesser priced D600s sound better, they aren't worth the money. Sorry.

According your past claims, based on the THD and Impulse graphs, the Beats Pros show substantial "muddyness" and are quite a bit slower than the D7100s.  I am just quoting you based on what you said in previous statements.  You claim too much but really show no proof behind it so it is very hard to take you seriously when you say that $300 headphones blow away the D7100s.  As a matter of fact, you are the only person that "claims" the D600 is better than the D7100.

Aug 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #1,818 of 1,920
Quote:
I'm trying to help novice buyers not make a $1000 mistake buying these headphones. If you'll look at previous posts in this thread, many people bought D7100s and regretted it, fortunately most were able to return them for a refund.

And you if you actually look at other posts in this thread, the people that actually gave them a chance reported significant improvements past the 50 hour mark especially when properly amplified.  Also, these headphones can be had for SUBSTANTIALLY lower price than the retail.  I constantly see them go for about 700-800 dollars online.  So please stop bringing this point....

"Fortunately most were able to return them for a refund".... as if we live in a one way market where the minute you buy something you cannot return it.  Exaggerating much? 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #1,819 of 1,920
According your past claims, based on the THD and Impulse graphs, the Beats Pros show substantial "muddyness" and are quite a bit slower than the D7100s.  I am just quoting you based on what you said in previous statements.  You claim too much but really show no proof behind it so it is very hard to take you seriously when you say that $300 headphones blow away the D7100s.  As a matter of fact, you are the only person that "claims" the D600 is better than the D7100.

I don't think you're understanding the measurements and are confused. The first here is the chart for the D7100s, look at the bottom left graph, that shows THD. You'll see that in the upper bass/low mid region, between 300-500Hz, they're putting out distortion around 5% @90dB, that's terrible. In fact, as you go further down, you see that in the sub-bass region below 50Hz they're at 1-2%, which also adds to the boomy mess. Then, to top it off, there's that nasty distortion between 4-6kHz, which makes certain instruments, like guitars. and female voices sound weird.

While looking at the Beats Pros that same region is below 1% @90dB, around .8% actually.

That's a major problem with the Denons, and people who are accustomed to clear-sounding headphones pick up on it quickly, because it sounds overly colored and grainy. Now, with impulse response you can see that the driver in the D7100 doesn't settle down for quite a while after it produces a sound, in fact it kind of wiggles all the way across the chart:

That's bad, and it's what causes them to sound muddy. Whereas the Beats Pro drivers have calmed down half way across:

Though not great, the Beats are much more acceptable and will provide a tighter bass presentation. Anyway, that's why I've said the things I have about the Denon D7100s, they're very poor sounding headphones for the money, and IMO they're just poor headphones entirely, except their earpads feel nice.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #1,820 of 1,920
And you if you actually look at other posts in this thread, the people that actually gave them a chance reported significant improvements past the 50 hour mark especially when properly amplified.  Also, these headphones can be had for SUBSTANTIALLY lower price than the retail.  I constantly see them go for about 700-800 dollars online.  So please stop bringing this point....

"Fortunately most were able to return them for a refund".... as if we live in a one way market where the minute you buy something you cannot return it.  Exaggerating much? 
rolleyes.gif

No, no they didn't. There is no improvement after 50 hours, I "burned in" the set I had for over 200 hours and there was no change, in fact, certain people here said they actually sounded worse after a while. $700-800 is way too much to spend on the D7100s, it's 2-3 times too much.

And yes, certain places do NOT allow you to get a refund, they only do an exchange if the item you buy is defective.

Aug 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #1,821 of 1,920
Quote:
I don't think you're understanding the measurements and are confused. The first here is the chart for the D7100s, look at the bottom left graph, that shows THD. You'll see that in the upper bass/low mid region, between 300-500Hz, they're putting out distortion around 5% @90dB, that's terrible. In fact, as you go further down, you see that in the sub-bass region below 50Hz they're at 1-2%, which also adds to the boomy mess. Then, to top it off, there's that nasty distortion between 4-6kHz, which makes certain instruments, like guitars. and female voices sound weird.

While looking at the Beats Pros that same region is below 1% @90dB, around .8% actually.

That's a major problem with the Denons, and people who are accustomed to clear-sounding headphones pick up on it quickly, because it sounds overly colored and grainy. Now, with impulse response you can see that the driver in the D7100 doesn't settle down for quite a while after it produces a sound, in fact it kind of wiggles all the way across the chart:

That's bad, and it's what causes them to sound muddy. Whereas the Beats Pro drivers have calmed down half way across:

Though not great, the Beats are much more acceptable and will provide a tighter bass presentation. Anyway, that's why I've said the things I have about the Denon D7100s, they're very poor sounding headphones for the money, and IMO they're just poor headphones entirely, except their earpads feel nice.

LOL, I am sorry but this is getting hilarious.  So by your logic about the impulse graph, the Beats Pro stop "wiggling" past the .0012 second mark.  That is better than the TH 600 OR the TH 900 so therefore they are better headphones than the Fostex!?  As far as your second posting, name the places that do not allow returns that offer the D7100s and are actually a respectable place to buy headphones.  Also reference the people that actually said that they started sounding worse past the 200 hours mark... I am anxiously waiting to see as that is definitely not the case with my Denons.

Aug 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,822 of 1,920
LOL, I am sorry but this is getting hilarious.  So by your logic about the impulse graph, the Beats Pro stop "wiggling" past the .0012 second mark.  That is better than the TH 600 OR the TH 900 so therefore they are better headphones than the Fostex!?  As far as your second posting, name the places that do not allow returns that offer the D7100s and are actually a respectable place to buy headphones.  Also reference the people that actually said that they started sounding worse past the 200 hours mark... I am anxiously waiting to see as that is definitely not the case with my Denons.

It's "wiggling" all the way across the graph... you can't see that? :blink:

That tremor going across is the driver never settling down, making output muddy and resulting in a distinct loss of clarity. It's right there.

You don't see 5% distortion between 300-500Hz, nor >2-3% distortion in the sub bass and treble, in the graph above that?

Warren P Chi, one of the contributors on Head-Fi said it was worse after 200 hours, as did Macedonian Hero, a reviewer who's been in this community a very long time. That sounds compelling to me. Plus, I heard it for myself, so what are you on about?

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,823 of 1,920
Quote:
It's "wiggling" all the way across the graph... you can't see that?
blink.gif

That tremor going across is the driver never settling down, making output muddy and resulting in a distinct loss of clarity. It's right there.

You don't see 5% distortion between 300-500Hz, nor >2-3% distortion in the sub bass and treble, in the graph above that?

Warren P Chi, one of the contributors on Head-Fi said it was worse after 200 hours, as did Macedonian Hero, a reviewer who's been in this community a very long time. That sounds compelling to me. Plus, I heard it for myself, so what are you on about?

The same thing can be said on the other side of the spectrum if you look at the rating of the headphone here on Head-Fi.  Loads of positive reviews and pretty much what I experienced with the headphone up until about 100 hours.  That's when the bass got tighter and more articulate and the highs weren't as sharp as when I first put them on.   Its my word against yours and your word against mine so this is obviously not going anywhere.  If anyone else likes to chime in and offer their impressions after this comment, they are more than likely to do so.  I feel like I've offered my impression on the headphones and look forward to listening them even more!  Especially with my current setup.

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #1,824 of 1,920
Can anyone tell me if the d7100 is good? I can get them for $650 from a friend. Worth it?

How do they stack up to the d600?

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #1,825 of 1,920

Aug 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,826 of 1,920
Quote:
Can anyone tell me if the d7100 is good? I can get them for $650 from a friend. Worth it?

How do they stack up to the d600?

Reread what has been discussed for the past 10 pages or so.  Then formulate your conclusion from there.  I do not feel like restating myself all over again.  There is also a review/comparison coming from HiFiGuy I believe but I have no idea when that is going to be posted.

Aug 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,828 of 1,920
Just flickin the jab a bit:) i was following along and couldnt resist.

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #1,829 of 1,920
Quote:

That was my impression on D7100 lol.
Enough is enough, convincing D7100 owners is like inducing Beat's Studio owners there are better headphones outhere for much less.

**By the way, I never had D600 but my DT990 600ohm sounds much better than D7100. :)

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,830 of 1,920
That was my impression on D7100 lol.
Enough is enough, convincing D7100 owners is like inducing Beat's Studio owners there are better headphones outhere for much less.

**By the way, I never had D600 but my DT990 600ohm sounds much better than D7100. :)

Why are you trying to convince him of anything? He. Likes. It. A. Lot. There's nothing to convince him of.........he's not going to dislike it just because you do. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back