Denon D7100?!
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #1,216 of 1,920
I do know what a troll is and maybe you don't. Also, you have taken it further than criticizing the technical aspects in other threads; much further in fact. But all I did was basically ask a question  and I'm leaving at that.

And as you referred to me as "the above"(which I do take offense to, you can address me as moodyrn if you don't mind) there are infact some dx000 fanactics who do throw hate around the current lineup and some even admitted to never hearing neither the d7100 nor d600. And some even admitted to hating them based solely on how they look. And no, I don't need to justify my latest purchase. I have returned many cans, and before I defend something that don't bring enjoyment to my ears, I would simply do just that.

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #1,217 of 1,920
I'm really surprised you haven't been called out for being a troll when it comes to any of the new line denon threads. You've made it painfully obvious more times than I can think of that you hate the new line. And that's fine, but you troll all the new denon threads just to crap on how bad they are. We get it, but I don't understand it. There are a slew of headphones that I truly don't like, and I will make it known I don't like them. Then I leave it alone. You don't see me in many hd-800s, or othere headphone threads that I don't care for because it's not worth my time. You post on these denon threads more than anyone else, including people  who actually love them. So I'm wondering what's the point of continually beating a dead horse. You hate them, we have known that for several months. Why devote so much energy trolling these threads just to keep bashing them to death? I'm just trying to understand.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

The lady doth protest too much..

Feb 13, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #1,218 of 1,920
Quote:

It may appear that way, but the D600 is still like $500, which is incredible from an audiophile perspective. I think the Denon line is in perspective with the beats line. Build a mediocre headphone, make it look good, toss a ton of marketing at it, and hope it sticks. 

I was strictly referring to the D7100 as a flagship, specifically didn't include the D600 in my comments since its more in the realm of the Monster/Dre headphones pricing.. 

Feb 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #1,219 of 1,920
Quote:

It seems more people now adays are interested in defending their latest purchase then pursuing audio performance. 

Yeah, unfortunately that is pretty common behavior these days.  Another flaw that seems to be on the rise that that of fanboyism (but don't get me started on that one).

Thanks for answering btw, I was just curious as to whether adoration for the classic Denon's factored in to your opinions. 
smile.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #1,220 of 1,920
I have D7100 just for few weeks. Love them and hate them at the same time but they did not go through the proper burn-in time yet and I am using them without AMP and with rather mediocre quality DAC (xonar D2). Also I am the person who asked few pages back about D7100 and opinions about them also about different aspects of them as I was considering to return them but eventually decided to keep them to evaluate them properly and without rushed decisions.

All being said I just honestly cannot understand how can you be so annoyingly against those HPs elwappo if you don’t own them and did not have proper experience with them? On what exactly you are basing yours such a strong opinion? On graphs? I did not realize that in Los Angeles people would listen to graphs?

Sorry to say this, but I am a member on many forums, with what is quite sad, hundreds of hours of forum experience, and by all means and definition you are a troll.

Just stop mate. Your opinion is worthless on this subject without experience so just go somewhere else were your opinions matters because they are valid advice supported by valid experience.

Thanks

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,221 of 1,920
Quote:
I have D7100 just for few weeks. Love them and hate them at the same time but they did not go through the proper burn-in time yet and I am using them without AMP and with rather mediocre quality DAC (xonar D2). Also I am the person who asked few pages back about D7100 and opinions about them also about different aspects of them as I was considering to return them but eventually decided to keep them to evaluate them properly and without rushed decisions.

All being said I just honestly cannot understand how can you be so annoyingly against those HPs elwappo if you don’t own them and did not have proper experience with them? On what exactly you are basing yours such a strong opinion? On graphs? I did not realize that in Los Angeles people would listen to graphs?

Sorry to say this, but I am a member on many forums, with what is quite sad, hundreds of hours of forum experience, and by all means and definition you are a troll.

Just stop mate. Your opinion is worthless on this subject without experience so just go somewhere else were your opinions matters because they are valid advice supported by valid experience.

Thanks

Probably in a discussion like this people should get more into details - if one criticizes a headphone it would be nice to provide with some specifics - what exactly they don't like, how the sound compares to another model and so on. Those who don't have much experience with a headphone could state it before so others know their perspective.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,222 of 1,920
I am getting mine tomorrow, I am so excited

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,223 of 1,920
Quote:
I am getting mine tomorrow, I am so excited

Are you going to burn them in for a while, or just go at it right out of the box?

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #1,224 of 1,920
i got them today, it looks beautiful but kinda looks funny when you wear them. I think i might try to compare them with my other high-end headphone tonight.

Quote:

Are you going to burn them in for a while, or just go at it right out of the box?

i think i am gotta listen to them without burning them. I personally doesnt like burn-in stuff

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #1,225 of 1,920
i am listening for about couple hours..... i understand why some people hated, they sound quite bright (worst than hd 800) but after couple hours, brightness come down a bit. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,226 of 1,920
Quote:
i am listening for about couple hours..... i understand why some people hated, they sound quite bright (worst than hd 800) but after couple hours, brightness come down a bit. 

Just to give you a preview - and I'm sure you'll find this out soon - but a considerable amount of the brightness will disappear over the course of your first hundred hours or so.

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #1,227 of 1,920
While I've not listened to a pair 7100 yet, but if the d600 sounded the way they did when I first got them, they would have gone back. That's why it's important not to judge these cans based on out of the box impressions. It's amazing how much the new line changes after burn in.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,229 of 1,920
Quote:

Just to give you a preview - and I'm sure you'll find this out soon - but a considerable amount of the brightness will disappear over the course of your first hundred hours or so.

i listen to them for about over 10hours and i think the brightness is gone. one odd things though, they sounds like open-back headphone........ i dont know if this is good thing or not, anyway i will see after 40 to 50 hours burn-in

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,230 of 1,920
Quote:
While I've not listened to a pair 7100 yet, but if the d600 sounded the way they did when I first got them, they would have gone back. That's why it's important not to judge these cans based on out of the box impressions. It's amazing how much the new line changes after burn in.

YES!  I had mentioned this elsewhere, but I've never experienced as much signature transition as I have with the D7100.  After nearly 200 hours, it is a completely different pair of can (sonically speaking).  I'd never have thought that such a profound change would happen, as that has not been my experience with my other cans.

Quote:
Quote:

i listen to them for about over 10hours and i think the brightness is gone. one odd things though, they sounds like open-back headphone........ i dont know if this is good thing or not, anyway i will see after 40 to 50 hours burn-in

The stage is pretty wide.  It isn't particularly deep though, but quite wide.  Good thing or not, I like and appreciate that it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back