Denon D7100?!
May 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #391 of 1,920
Hobby? Lol my wallet says curse

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #392 of 1,920
Quote:
This video shows a girl wearing the new Denon headphones walking around ....note: move to half way in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5t2-0WNASw&feature=relmfu

That video is hilarious. You've got an attractive model and setting, all this effort expended on trying to showcase the product in a favorable way, and the actual product itself is just repulsive. The effect is kind of like plunking a witch's cauldron filled with bubbling fish head stew down onto the table at an immaculately arranged high society dinner party.

May 2, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #393 of 1,920
Quote:

You and others missed the point completely - audiophiles laughs at people buying Beats because they say Beats buyers base their purchases on looks and not sound, when people judging the D7100 before listening to them they are doing the EXACT SAME THING that they are laughing at others for doing - it's call hypocrisy and I'm pointing that out.  

Being an audiophile should mean we should care about the sound first - not saying you don't have to care about looks too, but putting looks before sound is not what what our community should be about.

TBH I don't think the D7100 looks that good either, but I'm 100% not going to judge them until I listen to them first, if they sound good - or heaven forbid - they sound better than the D7000 I would buy them base on that merit.  Anyone doing otherwise should be ashamed to call themselves an audiophile IMO.

For the nowadays audio world, to have a improved quality, you will need a pair of new drivers, but here's the problem: if Denon puts a different driver in the D7100, then D7100 should not be called D7100, they should start a new series instead of a minor upgrade on the model number. And IMO, most of the traditional headphones(Grado, ATH, Denon), woodie cups housing always provide better music quality, and for sure I don't see a single little piece of wood on these new models, even from the first design graph, they have no intention to do so. For the price I read, I don't think the beats fans gonna make a change, 1000 dollars for a pair of headphones is little out of non-headfiers range. 
PS: If I have to show my non-headfier friends headphones and I only got D7K and D7.1K on hand, I will show them the D7.1K because I don't think most of them will appreciate wood cups.
Just my two cents.

May 2, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #394 of 1,920
If they end up like the d1000 -> d1100 I'm going to throw up.

May 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #396 of 1,920
Wood cups don't do that much for the sound.  A headphone could sound really great with or without.  There are other far more important things. For example, a properly damped plastic cup would sound better than the empty wooden cups you usually see on these expensive headphones.  So it's really just for looks.

May 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #397 of 1,920
Quote:
PS: If I have to show my non-headfier friends headphones and I only got D7K and D7.1K on hand, I will show them the D7.1K because I don't think most of them will appreciate wood cups.
Just my two cents.

Who are these people that don't appreciate wood? I've never come across someone that'd look at mahogany and say "yeah, okay", then look over at plastic and say "oh shi- plastic!? How'd you get this, that's so awesome!"

May 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #398 of 1,920
Quote:

Who are these people that don't appreciate wood? I've never come across someone that'd look at mahogany and say "yeah, okay", then look over at plastic and say "oh shi- plastic!? How'd you get this, that's so awesome!"

one here.

May 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #399 of 1,920
May 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #400 of 1,920
Oh man I didn't even realize these were actually real until just now.  I must say I am disappointed from their departure of actually making headphones look stunningly beautiful...I wonder who their OEM is now?  This doesn't look like something Foster would put out...

May 3, 2012 at 4:28 AM Post #401 of 1,920
Oh man I didn't even realize these were actually real until just now.  I must say I am disappointed from their departure of actually making headphones look stunningly beautiful...I wonder who their OEM is now?  This doesn't look like something Foster would put out...

Hasbro? Mattel?

May 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #405 of 1,920
Quote:

I would not at all be surprised if it was Monster itself.  There was some hullabaloo about Beats splitting from Monster as their manufacturing partner, which, if true, means Monster may have some spare headphone production capacity sitting around, and is in need of a partner to use it for....  Even if the drivers are being sourced from elsewhere (heck, even if it were still Foster.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back