Denon D7100?!
Apr 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #76 of 1,920
I've only known of one other headphone to have single sided termination on the right earcup as well

Scratch that, after looking at the pic on page 1 I realized it is terminated on each cup

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #77 of 1,920

Quote:
I'm waiting for them to drop to $1500 - 1800. Will give me time to save up.
You really need to hear them, they're D7000s without flaws (except the same s***** headband that needs more padding).

But honey, it's only $700!
But honey, it's only $1300!
But honey! It's only $1800!
:wink:

FAKES FAKES FAKES

Have a look at the next photo, especially at the bottom of the pad, no decent shadows in any direction. Also the plastic lighting is too smooth, where the band fades into the hairline, is too clean cut. No distortion what so ever on the persons skin or on the pad itself.

Even if these are being planned, this picture atleast is fake, the rest also have similar issues, but whoever did this still knows what they are doing.

Hm, good eye, I can see the issues. Maybe you're right.

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #78 of 1,920
Not sure if this is actually a joke or real, but it looks hideous.

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #80 of 1,920

Quote:
white stitches on black is incredibly bad taste for general purposes

Says the dude with another dude wearing pink shirt and yellow gloves in his avatar
biggrin.gif

Many high-end watch manufacturers would certainly disagree with you, it's a common practice to use white stitching on black leather watch straps. While I'm not crazy about the combo, i certainly don't consider to be "incredibly bad taste".

And what's with hate how it looks, fake or not? Are you all wearing them as a fashion accessory now? Am I in the beats forum? I'll take the ugly and comfortable headphones over vice versa ones any day!

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #81 of 1,920

Quote:
Says the dude with another dude wearing pink shirt and yellow gloves in his avatar
biggrin.gif

Many high-end watch manufacturers would certainly disagree with you, it's a common practice to use white stitching on black leather watch straps. While I'm not crazy about the combo, i certainly don't consider to be "incredibly bad taste".

And what's with hate how it looks, fake or not? Are you all wearing them as a fashion accessory now? Am I in the beats forum? I'll take the ugly and comfortable headphones over vice versa ones any day!

But the Denon D series is super comfortable *and* absolutely gorgeous. :D

As for the white stitching, I don't have too much of a problem with it as long as it fits the rest of the aesthetic, but when it's *fake* stitching (which it is with this concept) I have a problem.

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #82 of 1,920

Quote:
biggrin.gif

Hey now don't be bashing George Michael he's a beautiful man 
smily_headphones1.gif

Just as fashion works, the fashion of products typically reflect their intended purpose.  What I'm saying with yes I pay attention to how stuff looks, I am fairly into fashion, and many headphones typically can go with any outfit.  These seem to have a very specific style even more so than beats where I don't feel like your average male consumer won't be buying these.  That style of stitching is often seen on womens clothes and handbags.  Assuming this were to be a real product it seems like a bad decision to me because it's a style that doesn't appeal to audiophiles (see: nerds) or male non audiophiles in the beats fashion accessory market.   

Of course it's the sound that matters, but locking that design in as the only one seems like a fairly risky move to me.  It's a look that if I saw without seeing a brand, I would assume it is just a worthless product marketed to idiots.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #84 of 1,920
The discussion about how George Michael looked beautiful, was so much more interesting.

Side Note: I  was considering the d7000 as a future headphone, but if denon is enough stupid to release that d7100,
I  think I  would renounce to get the d7000
tongue.gif
. I  don't like stupid brands, I  was already upset for their 1000$ cable.

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #86 of 1,920
God, people are dense. The Dx000 series are some of the best selling headphones in the world, no one is killing them off. Geez... :rolleyes:

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #87 of 1,920
If Fostex is going to garner over $2000 for their flagship, it only makes sense to pull the plug on the Denon version that once had a street price of less than $600. I wonder who is making the D7100, probably not Fostex I would venture.

Apr 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #88 of 1,920
Apr 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #90 of 1,920
white stitches on black is incredibly bad taste for general purposes

This from a person with an eighties image of George Michael as an avatar :biggrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back