Denon D7100?!
Feb 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #1,262 of 1,920
Quote:
I paid $600 for a brand new pair of D7100's, I paid even less for my D7000's.

I use a Burson amp and it plays very nicely with my Denons.

Would want to know where you got yours tat cheap, for next time buy. I paid about 500+ USD(650 SGD) for a denon D600, given i am an early catcher of D600 and electronic devices are just pricier here. Not that I don't like them, but I find myself perfering cheaper HD600 to them. Wished I could have gotten them at a lower price making them a better value for me.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #1,263 of 1,920
Quote:
 I don't really like this headphone (just me) but here is the lowest price from Amazon. :)

eek.gif
  That is low!  One of the few times our Canadian brethren enjoy a lower price than us.  Wonder if it's from an authorized dealer...

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,264 of 1,920
:eek:   That is low!  One of the few times our Canadian brethren enjoy a lower price than us.  Wonder if it's from an authorized dealer...

It isn't, so those who want a warranty, beware.

http://usa.denon.com/US/WhereToBuy/Pages/DealerSearch.aspx

Only factory new or Denon refurbished products are waranteed, "Open-Box" and new products sold by non-authorized companies are not covered.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #1,265 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:
eek.gif
  That is low!  One of the few times our Canadian brethren enjoy a lower price than us.  Wonder if it's from an authorized dealer...

It isn't, so those who want a warranty, beware.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Occasionally, buying used from a fellow Head-Fier can also work out well, as long as an arrangement is made for the original owner to assist with warranty issues.  But I think that outside of that, used is also a no-no for anyone that cares about the warranty (which is just a plain ol' good idea really).

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,266 of 1,920
Warranty is overrated. I buy a lot and cannot remember even one case when I needed to claim under warranty in past 10 years and that is like hundred of items bought from very cheap to very expensive. 

... but of course it is always nice to have warranty.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #1,267 of 1,920
Warranty is overrated. I buy a lot and cannot remember even one case when I needed to claim under warranty in past 10 years and that is like hundred of items bought from very cheap to very expensive. 

... but of course it is always nice to have warranty.

Not even a little bit. I've used warranties several times, twice with Denon alone, and it was generally a pain-free and beneficial thing. For new $1000+ headphones, get a warranty.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #1,270 of 1,920
Quote:
Warranty is overrated.

Yeah, I would tend to disagree here.  Many a dollar that would otherwise have been spent in repair could easily be saved by a warranty.  YMMV of course, depending on your luck.  But I would say that on such a high ticket item, it would be advised.

Quote:
Quote:

Not even a little bit. I've used warranties several times, twice with Denon alone, and it was generally a pain-free and beneficial thing. For new $1000+ headphones, get a warranty.

+1, exactly.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #1,271 of 1,920
A trilogy - without, with and extended. "With" tends to serve me best most often times. Although, all three has saved my Deep-fried Cat one time or another.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #1,272 of 1,920
Quote:
Although, all three has saved my Deep-fried Cat one time or another.

Really?  Even without?  That'd be an interesting story to hear about.

I would also like to note that buying from an authorized dealer has other advantages.  In many cases, having to deal with a warranty service or procedure is not even necessary.  If the manufacturer has a robust refurb system in place, the dealer can simply give you a new unit and take yours in trade.  Then the dealer and the manufacturer would resolve everything on their end.

Feb 25, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,273 of 1,920
One thing that always confused me is how companies think that a sub-par 1 year warranty is anywhere close to acceptable for a $1000+ headphone. I'd expect an employee to come to my house to fix them while serenading me with a harp for a product so high end.

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,274 of 1,920
Quote:
One thing that always confused me is how companies think that a sub-par 1 year warranty is anywhere close to acceptable for a $1000+ headphone. I'd expect an employee to come to my house to fix them while serenading me with a harp for a product so high end.

Trust me, with the rising tide in the head-fi sector lifting many vendors, we're at risk temporarily of being discounted (dismissed?) rather than the product. The next long economic downturn will see your purchase exchanged and your ride "Detailed" while you wait. In L.A.
tongue_smile.gif
 anyway....

Quote:
Quote:

I would also like to note that buying from an authorized dealer has other advantages.  In many cases, having to deal with a warranty service or procedure is not even necessary.  If the manufacturer has a robust refurb system in place, the dealer can simply give you a new unit and take yours in trade.  Then the dealer and the manufacturer would resolve everything on their end.

Close-outs. Demos. Audition piece, whereby a dealer elected not to carry the line ect. I do enjoy the services of Authorized Dealers but it's product, price & availability dependent for me (or how broke I am).

I don't eat meat, so I decided not to use "Bacon" in the aforementioned reference. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #1,275 of 1,920
Quote:
Quote:

Close-outs. Demos. Audition piece, whereby a dealer elected not to carry the line ect. I do enjoy the services of Authorized Dealers but it's product, price & availability dependent for me (or how broke I am).

Oh I see... from a non-purchase standpoint. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

I don't eat meat, so I decided not to use "Bacon" in the aforementioned reference. 
biggrin.gif

Oh but deep-fried cats grow on trees? 
wink.gif
  LOL 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back