Denon D7100?!
May 8, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #436 of 1,920
Quote:

Putin would be great.  He could order mass numbers of people to buy the product and no one would ever find his finger prints on the order.

THey should call it the Putin 7000, I would buy one just for the name

May 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #439 of 1,920
Is there anyone going to Japan Headphone Festival tomorrow to try out the Denon's new headphone?

Yeah when I finish building my teleporter, gotta add some blingy lights

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

May 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #440 of 1,920
I'd like to confirm something at this point in this thread.

The Denon:

D2000
D5000
D7000

are being phased out.

The Denon:

D1100

will remain

The Denon D7100 will replace the Denon D2k/5k/7k line.

Is this correct?

May 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #441 of 1,920
The Denon:

D1100

will remain

Unsure, no reason to stay, if it's produced  by fostex too.

Quote:

Is this correct?

Unleess Denon realise how bad is this decision, and decide to step back. This was confirmed by a big seller, but the thread was removed from what I've read.                                                         

May 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #442 of 1,920
Quote:
I'd like to confirm something at this point in this thread.

The Denon:

D2000
D5000
D7000

are being phased out.

The Denon:

D1100

will remain

Is this correct?

All the Denons from D2k to D7k are phased out, you can goto Headroom and see that they are unavailable anymore. The Denon D7100 will probably be the new "flagship" for Denon, there might be several persuasions to what flagship means in the case of the D7100..

May 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #443 of 1,920
http://www.phileweb.com/news/audio/201205/12/12035.html

More info about the new Denon AH-DXX series (looks like they are renaming it to stop the haters think this is a replacement for the Dxxxx series):
* The driver are 50mm and are newly designed (according to the spokesman Denon spent 2 years tuning this headphone)
* The housing is made from a new glass-fibre polymer material to reduce resonance 
* Memory foams for the pads, and the pads opening are not oval but pentagonal to fit the shape of the ear
* Cups are attached with a newly designed ball-socket joint to give complete 360 degree moment for maximum comfort and seal
* Detachable cables - will include standard 3m long cable and a short 1.5m cable with iPhone controls
* Targeted price is 30,000~50,000yen

You may hate the design but it looks like there's a lot of effort put into these phones and the price is pushed lower into a much more affordable bracket, could be just PR speak but I'm keeping my mind opened about these phones after reading this article.

May 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #444 of 1,920
If they sound good enough I guess I can forgive how they look, but still...I'm not sure who in Denon actually thought those look good enough to actually replace the beautiful D2k/5k/7k line?  I can't imagine anyone actually preferring those over the old design...

May 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #445 of 1,920
hmm I do prefer this to the old design...

May 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #447 of 1,920
Quote:
I mean looking at it up close it's not as bad as I once thought, at least it isn't totally glossy plastic:

I normally don't care about looks very much.  My usual reactions are either "cool" or "it's ok".

This one is different though.  It's almost like Denon invested an enormous amount of time and effort to make these look as hideous as possible.  The curves are just offensive to me for some reason.  I think this angle makes them actually look worse.  I usually don't have a strong reaction to aesthetics like this so I'm trying to figure out this one bothers me so much.

At that angle it almost looks like a misshapen breast...

May 13, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #450 of 1,920
Quote:
If they sound good enough I guess I can forgive how they look, but still...I'm not sure who in Denon actually thought those look good enough to actually replace the beautiful D2k/5k/7k line?  I can't imagine anyone actually preferring those over the old design...

They've pretty much confirmed that this is aiming for a younger and fashion conscious crowd - both the design and the price point (I would think with adjustment these would fall in below the $500USD mark) suggests the Beats/Bose crowd is the target, not "old time audiophiles".  And as many have stated, there are many young people who thinks wood is old fashioned, and there's plenty of evidence on this board alone that the audiophile community's idea of what looks good is very different to the Beats/Bose crowd.

Quote:
I hate when they use foam for pads, like the Grados :frowning2:

It's wrapped in leather/pleather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back