Denon D7100?!
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #1,696 of 1,920
D7k vs D7100 vs d7kJmoney vs Lawton7k vs Th900 ...
Do a whole series, bro!
:D

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,697 of 1,920
I just picked up a manufacturer refurbished set of D7100s from Accessories4Less for $650.  Not bad, the headphones were in a perfect cosmetic condition and everything was included in the box.  All was fine and dandy until I put them on.  Apparently they were returned because of bass rattling on the left side and it was not taken care of and they were just let back on the market.  I tried to fix the bass rattling thinking it was a hair stuck or loose screw.  I opened up the pads but quickly closed them back up because I didn't want to ruin them even more.  I called Denon and they were more than willing to get me a shipping label to send them back to them in exchange for brand new ones.  Anyone else experience anything like this with the D7100s or am I a rare case.

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #1,699 of 1,920
Quote:
oooo...brandnew ones..yippppie!!!

I know right.  The guy on the phone was really surprised about the problem and he wasn't hesitant one bit to send me a new pair.  I really like the headphones though.  Very solid build and I really liked the sound signature (except for the bass rattle).  Hopefully the new ones are defect free and I can get to enjoying them!

Jun 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #1,700 of 1,920
Quote:
I just picked up a manufacturer refurbished set of D7100s from Accessories4Less for $650.  Not bad, the headphones were in a perfect cosmetic condition and everything was included in the box.  All was fine and dandy until I put them on.  Apparently they were returned because of bass rattling on the left side and it was not taken care of and they were just let back on the market.  I tried to fix the bass rattling thinking it was a hair stuck or loose screw.  I opened up the pads but quickly closed them back up because I didn't want to ruin them even more.  I called Denon and they were more than willing to get me a shipping label to send them back to them in exchange for brand new ones.  Anyone else experience anything like this with the D7100s or am I a rare case.

A friend got a pair of D600 from accessories4less and I was astounded at the poor quality of the unit they sent. The box was heavily damaged and covered in "BEST BUY" return tape. The headphone pads were ripped and no cables came with it. I've purchased many refurb headphone units, but none in such poor condition. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #1,702 of 1,920
Quote:

A friend got a pair of D600 from accessories4less and I was astounded at the poor quality of the unit they sent. The box was heavily damaged and covered in "BEST BUY" return tape. The headphone pads were ripped and no cables came with it. I've purchased many refurb headphone units, but none in such poor condition. 

Yah :frowning2:  You'd think that headphones with this price tag would undergo full inspection upon return and make sure they are in perfect shape before selling them.  And the fact that they are manufacturer refurbished pissed me off even more.  No type of quality control.

Jun 26, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #1,703 of 1,920
I saw your D600 unboxing on youtube. Have you done a D600/D7100 comparison review?

I like to see that, lol. do you have the link ? Thanks in advance.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #1,704 of 1,920
I know right.  The guy on the phone was really surprised about the problem and he wasn't hesitant one bit to send me a new pair.  I really like the headphones though.  Very solid build and I really liked the sound signature (except for the bass rattle).  Hopefully the new ones are defect free and I can get to enjoying them!

Now that's awesome customer service! Thanks for sharing.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,706 of 1,920
Finally these headphones are getting the respect they deserve on this forum. Frankly I loved these headphone but only returned them after reading all the negative stuff on this thread. People pointing out graphs and stuff. Ok the bass was a bit too much for my liking but now after owning a pair of HD800's I wish I could have these for some the tracks. They are fun to listen to and very enjoyable. Did not require any amp's of dac's to sound fantastic unlike many of the uber expensive headphones.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,707 of 1,920
Quote:
Finally these headphones are getting the respect they deserve on this forum. Frankly I loved these headphone but only returned them after reading all the negative stuff on this thread. People pointing out graphs and stuff. Ok the bass was a bit too much for my liking but now after owning a pair of HD800's I wish I could have these for some the tracks. They are fun to listen to and very enjoyable. Did not require any amp's of dac's to sound fantastic unlike many of the uber expensive headphones.

You've just described the Beat's by Dr. Dre...and the D7100s make the Beats seem dirt cheap!

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,708 of 1,920

Ya I am glad that there are some happy campers with this headphone. I never owned D600 so I cannot really say much but my opinion on D7100 doesn't change. It's still an overpriced headphone IMHO and I prefer D7000 even beyerdynamic DT series sound better than D7100.

Again, for $300-$400 I will definitely buy for watching TV and youtube. :) cheers .

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #1,709 of 1,920
Clearly a lot of people do not like the D7100 and think they are bad for the money, how do you people rate the D600 at £250?

I have them at the moment, cannot decide if I should keep them.

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #1,710 of 1,920
Clearly a lot of people do not like the D7100 and think they are bad for the money, how do you people rate the D600 at £250?

I have them at the moment, cannot decide if I should keep them.

I see you have HD650, how's D600 compare to Sennheiser ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back