Denon D7000 Review!
May 23, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #226 of 257
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they have an end piece that prevents this, and your end piece may have broken off. My guess would be you may have to just replace the part.

You're right, I opened up the cup and there's the end piece.

How am I going to replace that? I don't live in the USA, here in my country there's probably not a single repair center... let alone parts distributors.

I'm screwed
frown.gif

How in hell did this little **** break up in the first place?
mad.gif

May 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #229 of 257
I'm gonna try denon suport, although I dont expect they will be of much help.

Its not a big thing as I am very careful, but that really did upset me! If I can get a new piece I will fix it myself, I know how to use a soldering iron... Or I used to know, 20 y ago :p

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #230 of 257
I posted this in the D7000 thread, but thought I might as well stick it here as well. Download HDTrack's Ultimate Download Experience (free), and listen to Mozart's Violin Concerto in G major, it's a spectacular demo track.

Another interesting demo track that shows off the "bass texture" very well is Asking Alexandria's A Lesson Never Learned (Celldweller Remix). It's not *quite* my style, but it exemplifies bass texture quite well.

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #231 of 257
Taowolf every time I try to download that it gives me a hdtracks.jnlp file. Am i missing a downloader or something somewhere on there site? 

Would really like to listen to this, but I cant figure it out for the life of me. 

Jun 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #232 of 257
I just demo'd a pair of these at a head-fi meet over the weekend with a Burson HA-160D, and OMG. that combo make we want to drop everything I own and buy that!

Jun 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #234 of 257
I can't redownload it, so I can't personally check, but I believe that it is a java file that when you run, loads their own downloader, which should download the album to your desktop.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #235 of 257
Not exactly headphone related..but what camera and lens was used to take the pics? They look good!

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #236 of 257
The camera was a Canon Rebel XSi, and the lens was an EF 1.8f 50mm prime. They were taken in very low light freehand which is why they're slightly blurry around the edges. The f-stop was at 1.8f which is the reason for the very narrow (strong) depth of field, and the slight grain was because the ISO was at 1600.

This image was taken in natural daylight with a cellphone flashlight used as a keylight, which is a much more ideal lighting situation.

Honestly, if you've never used even a cheap DSLR (like mine), they're fantastic! You'll never go back to point-and-shoots again, though you do end up becoming "that guy" with the big camera on vacations. :p

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #237 of 257
Quote:
I can't redownload it, so I can't personally check, but I believe that it is a java file that when you run, loads their own downloader, which should download the album to your desktop.

Thanks, finally got it working. You were right thats all you have to do is open it, and it runs their down-loader. I just didnt have my java up to date. Once updated, its working fine now. 

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #238 of 257
Quote:
They are nice looking headphones but I really dislike their sound - they ring like crazy. The best Denon's I have heard were modded by Smeggy and completely destroy the sound of the stock D7000.

Doesn't Purrin have CSD's of this headphone proving it sucks?

What did Smeggy do for the D7000, exactly?
popcorn.gif

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #239 of 257
Bit of a necrothread, but I did the Mark-L D7000 mod (without the fiberloft, I'll be trying that soon), and it's a completely new headphone. In a good way.
The bass is less boomy, quicker, and the texture is as toothy as ever (trimming the fat gives more definition to the already interesting bass). The mids are much better, and adding some foam in front of the driver solved my sibilance issues. I'd say they sound a lot more like my Polks now (and that's a damn good thing, since my Polks absolutely rocked my world). They have a small U curve when compared to the polks, and don't quite have the mids, but the bass extension is far better. And I still haven't heard anything with as visceral of a bass texture. Overall, they sound much more balanced but still mostly hold on to their characteristics. They aren't quite as relaxed or warm as they were before, but they've become even more of a good general can, and they definitely have more detail across the board. The overall feel of them moved from a more surrealistic almost romantic feel to a more realistic and natural experience. As for whether I'd recommend it, based on my experience, absolutely. It's a pain in the ass to do the mod (I bought all of my local CVS's hole punchers), but in the end the change is absolutely worth it, especially if you give at least a few days to get used to it.
However, if you're looking for that U curve or you really like bass quantity, you may not like it. However, I'd say the average D7000 user will really enjoy the mod.

Jul 20, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #240 of 257
Quote:
Bit of a necrothread, but I did the Mark-L D7000 mod (without the fiberloft, I'll be trying that soon), and it's a completely new headphone. In a good way.
The bass is less boomy, quicker, and the texture is as toothy as ever (trimming the fat gives more definition to the already interesting bass). The mids are much better, and adding some foam in front of the driver solved my sibilance issues. I'd say they sound a lot more like my Polks now (and that's a damn good thing, since my Polks absolutely rocked my world). They have a small U curve when compared to the polks, and don't quite have the mids, but the bass extension is far better. And I still haven't heard anything with as visceral of a bass texture. Overall, they sound much more balanced but still mostly hold on to their characteristics. They aren't quite as relaxed or warm as they were before, but they've become even more of a good general can, and they definitely have more detail across the board. The overall feel of them moved from a more surrealistic almost romantic feel to a more realistic and natural experience. As for whether I'd recommend it, based on my experience, absolutely. It's a pain in the ass to do the mod (I bought all of my local CVS's hole punchers), but in the end the change is absolutely worth it, especially if you give at least a few days to get used to it.
However, if you're looking for that U curve or you really like bass quantity, you may not like it. However, I'd say the average D7000 user will really enjoy the mod.

Oh? Interesting. I think this thread will always pop up :) . These headphones will not go away, especially from my collection. Any link to the guide you used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back