Denon D7000 on Amazon
Sep 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

yclhk

New Head-Fier
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AH-D7000-Headphones-ear-cup-satin/dp/B001EO9TM6/ref=sr_1_11?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1285838921&sr=1-11#lbhuc_160477

$668.18
i would have got it if i didn't buy a solo
L3000.gif

wt's happening to denon?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 26
you bought a solo instead of a Denon D7000? *smack* what's wrong with you?!
and yes, i have tried the Solos. my gf owns a pair.

Denon's new 100th anniversary A100 headphones are coming out and the D7000s are kind of old headphones already. I'm quite excited for the A100 though.

The D7000 is still one of the best headphones I have ever had the pleasure to own. I kind of regret selling them off to try other headphones. I may buy another pair later on. Excellent soundstage, bass, and detail for a closed can. Especially good with DVDs, live concert videos, trance, rock, etc

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #5 of 26
My advice would be do not buy from Electronics Expo. They sent me a D7000 that was broken in the box. Getting an RMA was very difficult, and they still have not acknowledged the return or given me my money back. It's been weeks. Beware this retailer.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 26
Thanks, saved me the time to say that. This is why I always order straight from Amazon, not third party sellers, and especially for expensive products. Sometimes I feel the need not to share my experience with people and just let them do what they want and find out for themselves because chances are there will be somebody out there who will throw the words back at my face and lead these people to somewhere else. If I had to go through it, and they don't listen, mind as well let them go with the same flow and learn the hard way.

Quote:
My advice would be do not buy from Electronics Expo. They sent me a D7000 that was broken in the box. Getting an RMA was very difficult, and they still have not acknowledged the return or given me my money back. It's been weeks. Beware this retailer.

Oct 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 26

Quote:
GS solo I mean =P
D7000 is my dream headphone after trying D2000 and D5000 and I'm now planning to get a D2.7k and recable it
smily_headphones1.gif

ouch! I would be careful spending cash on cables if I don't already have my dream headphone. If it is DIY you are excused, but still.

75$ here, 100$ there, 200$ cuz I couldn't resist... all adds up quickly to something significant you could have purchased.

I would have had my D7000 and LCD-2 much quicker had I not wasted tons of cash on a cable bender that amounted to nothing except lost time and cash. 

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #8 of 26
Priest, I am sorry to hear that. I hope they rectify the situation for you. I wish I would have known this prior to ordering.

I suppose I will just hope for the best now
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #9 of 26

Quote:

Try CC dispute, that would speed things up.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Priest, I am sorry to hear that. I hope they rectify the situation for you. I wish I would have known this prior to ordering.

confused_face_2.gif

A way to protect yourself would be to use the Amazon checkout they have and your guaranteed through Amazon. Can't get hurt that way but they are selling these at or below cost so you need to wonder why so cheap.

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #11 of 26
It's cheap, but not below cost. No way. Below cost would be somewhere in low 400 range.

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #12 of 26
I wonder what they cost Denon for that matter. Build quality is pretty lame... they are rather fragile headphones with lots of plastic painted to look like metal.... I would be surprised if they cost Denon more than 50$ to make.

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
I wonder what they cost Denon for that matter. Build quality is pretty lame... they are rather fragile headphones with lots of plastic painted to look like metal.... I would be surprised if they cost Denon more than 50$ to make.

eye m shure they dont but if they r com pete ting with others similar sound then thats what counts, i fyou can match the current 8 hunert dollar pops then doesnt matter the build cost.

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #14 of 26
I think you guys started to mix 2 different things- Denon's cost vs. Amazon's.

Oct 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:
Sometimes I feel the need not to share my experience with people and just let them do what they want and find out for themselves because chances are there will be somebody out there who will throw the words back at my face and lead these people to somewhere else. 

I debated whether to bother posting, for the reasons you mention, but I can't let a terrible business get a good Head-Fi'er's money without trying. From now on, I'm sticking with B&H, J&R, HeadRoom, Crutchfield, Audio Advisor and Amazon direct.

Quote:
confused_face_2.gif

You may get a good pair, and then you will be fine. It was definitely genuine and factory-fresh, just broken.

Quote:

Try CC dispute, that would speed things up.

Thanks, I'm still holding out hope that they will pay up on their own.

Quote:

A way to protect yourself would be to use the Amazon checkout they have and your guaranteed through Amazon. Can't get hurt that way but they are selling these at or below cost so you need to wonder why so cheap. 

Good advice, I always look right past the Amazon checkout. I think they are selling genuine product, it's just you're SOL if they happen to send you one that's broken, because their customer service is just this side of criminally neglectful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back