Denon D600 vs Bose QC15
Aug 31, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #20 of 24
The polk ultrafocus 8000, don't cancel noise as well as the bose, but offer great sound.  a good compromise with great sound.  The bose qc15 actually leaks a fair bit of sound out. I really like the polks, maybe i can find the time for a proper review

Nov 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #21 of 24
Just got the D600.

I don't know much about the Bose you're comparing to. What I can do is compare the Denon with my Pioneer HDJ-2000. And the D600 is brand new --not burned in yet...

I also like bass. Don't want to call myself a basshead, but come'on, you gotta have clear, punchy, AND deeeep bass....right? (I also have Q701 for music that doesn't require all that bass.)

The Pioneer is the so-called flagship in its DJ category, which means that it has elevated bass. And the HDJ-2000, being the best of their DJ cans, has better mids and highs than the 1500 and the 500. Also, Tyll at InnerFidelity gave his thumbs up for the 2000. He DID say that these are pretty good cans. He also did mentioned that the bass on Pioneer's are slightly muddy...but I really like them, and I thought that the bass is strong, clear and punchy. Yeah, I couldn't tell.

Until I got the Denon.

Denon's bass is one step up. And this thing isn't even burned in yet. Everyone's sound signature preferences may be different. But for me, D600's signature is spot on.

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #22 of 24
I have had the AH D600's for about 3 weeks now and i can tell you with complete confidence that if your looking for great sound quality that i would recommend them. They are an extremely clear pair of headphones. I will however say that on first listen the high mids and lower treble freaquency is a bit in the background, but a couple of days breaking them in draws them to the front and makes these one of my favorite pair of headphones i have owned. very warm sound a little bass heavy, but they articulate the bass very well (not muddy at all, very tight) the one thing i will say about them is that they are a very loose fit. over all great purchase i would rate them well over the 15's.

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:
I have had the AH D600's for about 3 weeks now and i can tell you with complete confidence that if your looking for great sound quality that i would recommend them. They are an extremely clear pair of headphones. I will however say that on first listen the high mids and lower treble freaquency is a bit in the background, but a couple of days breaking them in draws them to the front and makes these one of my favorite pair of headphones i have owned. very warm sound a little bass heavy, but they articulate the bass very well (not muddy at all, very tight) the one thing i will say about them is that they are a very loose fit. over all great purchase i would rate them well over the 15's.

Hey BULB!! Need a little help here hope you have the time to answer! Newbie here, I have a pair of shures SE530's and was wondering if you could help me with a upgrade, I'm taking the next step on upgrading my headphones repertory and I am trying to decide also between the D600 and the HD598, why would you say the 598's are much better? And any other comments or experience would be greatly appreciated! Please help me out as this is a big investment for me here and I am trying to make a good decision I would be willing to spend a little more on say for example the Audeze's LCD'2 or Senns HD700 or HD650 but I don't  want to use an amp neither do I have one so I think the Senns HD598 or Denons D600 would be a better choice?

How would you think they compare to your 700's unamped both, using the Denon app, as a reference I listen mostly from my iphone 4s or macbook to indie or such modern music also little bit of dance oldies.

:)

Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back