Denon D5000 Sound Problems
Jun 2, 2011 at 7:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JonnyShaw

New Head-Fier
Hi people

I've had these headphones for a while and I've just started to notice a strange sort of distortion comes through occasionally.
It does vary and the sound source is ussually low when this happens. But in all fairness this problem has never happened in the past and seems to be a recent occurrence.

Has anyone else heard of this or known this to happen? I hav'nt damaged the headphones and it seems to be a something which has happened over night. I'm wondering if it's something to do with my computer.

I have been using the headphones through my computer which doesnt have a good soundcard. I'm looking to get a headphone amp in the near future.

I'm not sure why this problem has started and any opinions or input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Jun 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Seems like it would be a good idea to try another source and see if the same distortion occurs.

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 6
I think it was the source thankfully. It was the bass at 3:30 mins into this radio show

The Benji B Show
Gil Scott Heron tribute mix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00v4tv3

See What you guys get happen. Hope it's just the source. I think I've noticed this happening a lot more though just lately :/

Jon

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #4 of 6
I'll give the link a try later and let you know if I get the noise. I don't have my headphones on me at the moment.

However, off topic slightly. It is definitely worth getting an amp for the Denon D5000's. I also have them and use a Fiio E7/E9 combo hooked up through my laptop, which too has a rubbish sound card. The sound is far superior.

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #5 of 6

"The Benji B Show

Gil Scott Heron tribute mix.'

I think it was recorded that way, with the bass distorted (why?).  No matter how soft I played it, it was still distorted.  Weird.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Yep happens to me also. Defo the way it was mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back