Denon D2000 vs. Audio Technica M50 vs. Shure SRH840 unamped and amped
Dec 11, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #46 of 49
funny story about the dt770s

I saw some hipster douche using them as ear muffs at a train station today on my way home from work

how do I know this?

It was placed over his hoodie and it had no wires whatsoever

really odd.

If I wasn't so tired I would've taken a ninja pic for you guys

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #47 of 49

Quote:
yup, the bass from d2000 becomes stronger after burn in and now I get headache everytime :frowning2:

Interesting.  I hope so as I really want this to be my main full size cans, I just can't depart from my bass needs yet.  Right now I don't see the monsterous bass a lot seems to comment about. Although, I only have a few hours on them.

Vk93: yes you are right, I am talking about mids and highs.
biggrin.gif
  As you can see I'm not really good with description.

Roker: lol, wow that is such a waste...makes me wonder what kind of headphones he has to be cutting the life line of the dt770

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #48 of 49

Quote:
I may give the 250 ohm DT-880 a try though. Hated the mids/vocals on the 32 ohm version, so I hope the vocals of the DT-880 250 are nearly as good as the 600 ohm version. Probably not.

[size=10pt]No point in this exercise. 250 Ohm = Less bass, more strident and over-emphasized highs. You already had the better version.[/size]

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #49 of 49
After some burn in, I put both headphones and they honestly sounded pretty much the same. The Dt770s have a little less soundstage, but better highs and bass. The mids I cant comment on, but they sounded around the same. I might keep the Beyers just because they are more portable and leak less sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back