Denon D2000 right ear cup fell off
Sep 21, 2011 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Arkano5

New Head-Fier
My right ear cup fell off this morning as I took them off my head, needless to say that I'm fairly annoyed. I've had them almost a year now but all I'm interested in now is how I can fix them.

I should mention that I live in the UK too.

Sep 21, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #2 of 16
This might help

http://www.head-fi.org/t/408467/can-this-denon-d2000-be-fixed-read-i-m-an-idiot

Almost a year puts you still within the warranty period. I'd try that before anything else.

Sep 21, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #4 of 16

Quote:
I bought my D2000's from Amazon, so would I contact Amazon or Denon regarding the warranty?

Thanks for the swifty reply though.

Hmmm, good question. Sorry about that, I buy all my stuff in person (weird I know)

I'd try both, double your chances and see who takes up the onus first. Good luck.

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 16
I did the fix on a pair:

And then you just go to your hardware store and just pick up an appropriate nut and bolt, total fix costs like a couple bucks

Sep 21, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 16
My right ear cup fell off this morning as I took them off my head, needless to say that I'm fairly annoyed.

Anything held together with nuts and bolts is gonna need a little bit of preventive maintenance, they can become loose over time, you say you had them for over a year.

I had a pair of Denon D2K's and never had a issue but I did on occasion check them out for wear and tear.

Sep 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
Anything held together with nuts and bolts is gonna need a little bit of preventive maintenance, they can become loose over time, you say you had them for over a year.

I had a pair of Denon D2K's and never had a issue but I did on occasion check them out for wear and tear.

I've had them about nine months now, I have been fairly 'rough' with these, but nothing compared to what I've done with other cans in the past. 

Quote:
I did the fix on a pair:

And then you just go to your hardware store and just pick up an appropriate nut and bolt, total fix costs like a couple bucks

These are great, but is there a more detailed guide? The second picture is completely blurred out and I'm guessing that you replace the screw that holds the cup onto the headband entirely?

Sep 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #8 of 16
The way that we did it, you can only replace them if the screw either breaks (like in our scenario) or if it comes out on it's own...

Theres not really much to it, just drag your silly headphones, and get a very long bolt and retaining nut... I swear half my car was put together like this back in the day lol

Sep 21, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #9 of 16
How did you get the entire screw out? The bottom half of mine appears to be broken and comes out easily, but the top half is still in the construction where it should be.

As you can probably tell, I'm not exactly the most DIY-savy person around :)

Sep 21, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #10 of 16
Take this to PM, I'd love to help you out with this without clogging up the forums, you can post back after it's all done!

Sep 22, 2011 at 4:29 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
im glad i bought a 4 year accidental warranty from sqauretrade for $30.. i dont want to repair anything honestly. ever and i can be as rough as i want with them as well

For 4 years, 30 bucks is a steal! Does that cover the purchase price or does it cover the headphones? Denon quoted me at 3-4 weeks to get a replacement screw and they actually had a special department just concerning D2k/D5k screw replacements...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back